Boost the number of readers

The_Lonely_Guy

What is the most prominent time to post a chapter? The time span when the traffic on the site is relatively high so that many people get to read my story.

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme
What is the most prominent time to post a chapter? The time span when the traffic on the site is relatively high so that many people get to read my story.
Its like you're asking what the meaning to life is. There is no answer. Only God knows.

In this case, @Tony
Other than him, no one else could even fathom when peak hours occur

LostLibrarian

Guess your readers' timezone.
That said... at some point regular chapters become more important than posting time.

Lorelliad

I'm back
Do the readers get a notification that a new chapter has been posted?
Kinda new here, but doesn't that happen if they follow you/have the book you're writing on their reading list?

Not sure tho

If you go to Stats>Insights>Geographical Distribution shows the places where your readers come from.

I'm a Filipino, and I usually post in the middle of the night, so my American readers mostly see it.

(Not that I have a lot of readers) :(

Last edited:

Kitsura

So I do know times that are bad. These answers are all in the U.S. time slots BTW

Despite what many people say do not post around lunchtime. You will be competing with too many people and there is a high likelihood you get buried. Ditto with dinner time as well. The best times to post are in the early morning(6AM to 10 AM), Late evening(7:30 PM to 12AM), Or midday (1PM to 5PM).

You can also do late-night gremlin posting (12AM-6AM) if you want to try and capitalize on the U.K/AUS markets but typically they constitute around 1/3 of all readers. Germans readers are also surprisingly high markets as week which gives added benefit to posting.

I tend to post late at night since, since I'm a goblin who can only write after 8 PM, but the other times worked out well for me.

Best,

Newfypuppie

killwrites

Need motivation
I vary my posting times just to cover as much timezones as possible, but tbh it doesn't really matter from what I can tell so far because the view count somewhat plateaus after 3-4 hours of updating and the rest of the day I just stare at my stagnant stats sadly.

And yes, you should see where most of your readers are coming from. I'm lucky that most of my readers come from my home country (not USA btw), so I can just post before sleeping.

blanksphere

I try to post consistently at around the same time for my readers. It would be around dinner or past dinner time in USA. Whether they appreciate that, I don't know and I never asked.
I have tried the other times with earlier chapters, but the difference wasn't that great.
IMO, the timing of posts won't matter once you have enough chapters/readers out there. I would say 30 chapters?

If your writing is outstanding and your story a world shattering masterpiece, then there's really no need to be concerned. Readers will find it.

Jemini

Posting according to the reader's time-zone is good advice. There is a statistics tool that will tell you where most of your current readers are. Go to your create page, then look across the bottom and find the button that says "stats." It will give you a different and far more in-depth stats display for your series than the one that readers are shown.

A side-page in your stats called "insights" will display where in the world most of your readers are from. Mine, despite being an Isekai, is written like a Western Fantasy. As a result, the overwhelming majority of my readers are from the US.

From this point, consistency is good for your current readers. Changing up your posting time is good for getting new readers. You will have to strike something of a balance. Overall though, I prefer consistency in my own releases.

Beyond that, there is also an exponential effect. After you cross certain thresholds of reader count, you are more likely to pick up even more readers. It's called the "joiner-on" effect. A real psychological phenomenon where people are more likely to do what a lot of other people are already doing.

Andrew_Udell

I've consistency is important than fine-tuning the exact time. If I'm a loyal reader, I will go out of my way to follow the story and read your chapter when I'm ready. If you post every Monday and Wednesday, I'll be sure to check it to make sure I get the latest content.