Calling for help

TheMonotonePuppet

A Writer With Enthusiasm & A Jester of Christmas!
You are going to die. The Sword of Damocles hangs over your head. You are missing an arm.

However, you are also on a very nice beach of bright yellow sand with purple waters, and 15 miles away is someone who may or may not help you. You even have a few powers to help you. But be careful. You cannot run away or you will be captured and all plans are impossible.

• You have an inventory that stores 1 purse's of gold dust. Its openings can be located on any part of your skin.
  • You have an inventory in your stomach that can store as much as you want, but it will halve all available time you have.
  • You have an ability which can give you seven hours of enforcing no violence against you. But you will not be able to do anything afterwards.
  • You have a blast of magic that will make that someone who is 15 miles or 24 kilometers away pay attention to your direction, and any the results of any plans you make. However, this will shorten your time window what time you have left, be it 1 day or less, to 10 seconds.
  • You can make sealife go wild. This has 1 benefit that will give you 1 additional second.
  • Magic eyes can give you 1 additional second, but you must spend 1 hour
  • You can mind control yourself to do actions within reason.
  • You have a flashy immaterial eyeball that is visible from 15 miles or 24 kilometers away. It is not necessarily a sign of an SOS. It may shrink distance between you and that someone from 15 miles or 24 kilometers to 7 miles or 11 kilometers.
  • You can sing real good and loud. 1 mile range or 1.6 km range. You can scream real loud (7 miles or 11 km)
  • Your hand is unbreakable.
  • You can lengthen limbs to absurd lengths (I do not have a limit I can say with certainty until one makes a plan using it. Based on my judgement)
Save yourself.
For those DnD people, try to make world-breaking shenanigans please with these abilities.
So, @MatchaChocolate69 succeeded in calling for help with the powers he was granted in this Spoiler.
Or did he?
Try to poke holes in his plan with the information in this Spoiler.
Here was his plan:
I use "seven hours of enforcing no violence against me". I use this time to strategize and execute my plan without fearing immediate physical harm.
I activate my flashy immaterial eyeball and blast of magic to attract the attention of the person 15 miles away, potentially reducing the distance to 7 miles.
While waiting for the person's response, I use my magic eyes to assess the surroundings and understand potential threats or resources.
I use mind control to maintain focus and clarity while communicating with the distant person via loud singing, conveying my distress and need for assistance.
If the person is willing to help, I negotiate for assistance using the purse of gold dust as a bargaining chip, offering it in exchange for aid in removing the imminent threat to my life.
If faced with immediate danger, I utilize my unbreakable hand and lengthened limbs for self-defense, buying time until help arrives or devising an escape plan.
As a last resort, I'll unleash chaos among sealife to create distractions or obstacles for potential pursuers, buying time.

Last edited:

LunaSoltaer

Spicy Transbian
My hand is unbreakable, you say?

Very well. I block the Sword. with my Hand.

I will use the Limb extending power, on my unbreakable hand, to essentially morph the hand into a protective shell around me, allowing me to Samus my way over to the person while also deflecting attacks. If there is a fourth spatial dimension in play, I will immediately attempt to convert my barrier sphere into a barrier hypersphere.

... Why do I get the feeling there's a killscreen on the other end of this gambit?

GabrielTenma

I'mma stretch my hand to the ocean and then widen it like luffy and scoop out a bunch of fish and fling them in the direction of the person and make them go wild! If that doesn't get their attention, then I don't know what will

TheMonotonePuppet

My hand is unbreakable, you say?

Very well. I block the Sword. with my Hand.

I will use the Limb extending power, on my unbreakable hand, to essentially morph the hand into a protective shell around me, allowing me to Samus my way over to the person while also deflecting attacks. If there is a fourth spatial dimension in play, I will immediately attempt to convert my barrier sphere into a barrier hypersphere.

... Why do I get the feeling there's a killscreen on the other end of this gambit?
The Sword of Damocles is unavoidable once time is up.
Starts running.
*wet coughing sound*
Looks down.
Oh. There is a scythe in my gut.
1710195003936.jpeg

I'mma stretch my hand to the ocean and then widen it like luffy and scoop out a bunch of fish and fling them in the direction of the person and make them go wild! If that doesn't get their attention, then I don't know what will
@GabrielTenma This maay work...:blob_hmm_two:
Yeah... within the context of the question it works! You win! WHOO! CELEBRATION!

But... uhmmm... outside of the boundaries of the question... just wanted to let you know...

You die.

It is too obvious of a move to the Sword of Damocles. From 7 hours straight down to 0 hours, 0 minutes, 0 seconds. Your hand gets pinned to the ocean water, ropes of cash keeping it down. And uhhh...

Yeahhhh... you die.
Errr... Use magic blast, then eyeball, then scream, and then chill for 7 hours.
@SailusGebel
You die.
In 11 seconds.:blob_shock:

Last edited:

TheMonotonePuppet

@SailusGebel you did not use that ability. It's an ability. I will emphasize that though to avoid confusion.

Though, I do need to add an addendum anyway, so thanks for pointing that out anyway.

TheMonotonePuppet

Was a reference to
That is true. I missed that inference. My bad!:sweat_smile:

You still die though... :sweating_profusely:The use of the eye requires extension up to the appropriate distance that it can be seen from 15 miles away. 10 seconds is not enough for use of the eye and getting the scream to an appropriate volume.

MatchaChocolate69

What happens when the mirror breaks?
I use "seven hours of enforcing no violence against me". I use this time to strategize and execute my plan without fearing immediate physical harm.
I activate my flashy immaterial eyeball and blast of magic to attract the attention of the person 15 miles away, potentially reducing the distance to 7 miles.
While waiting for the person's response, I use my magic eyes to assess the surroundings and understand potential threats or resources.
I use mind control to maintain focus and clarity while communicating with the distant person via loud singing, conveying my distress and need for assistance.
If the person is willing to help, I negotiate for assistance using the purse of gold dust as a bargaining chip, offering it in exchange for aid in removing the imminent threat to my life.
If faced with immediate danger, I utilize my unbreakable hand and lengthened limbs for self-defense, buying time until help arrives or devising an escape plan.
As a last resort, I'll unleash chaos among sealife to create distractions or obstacles for potential pursuers, buying time.

Assurbanipal_II

Empress of the Four Corners of the World
You are going to die. The Sword of Damocles lies over your head. You are missing an arm.

However, you are also on a very nice beach of bright yellow sand with purple waters, and 15 miles away is someone who may or may not help you. You even have a few powers to help you. But be careful. You cannot run away or you will be captured and all plans are impossible.

• You have an inventory that stores 1 purse's of gold dust. Its openings can be located on any part of your skin.
  • You have an inventory in your stomach that can store as much as you want, but it will halve all available time you have.
  • You have an ability which can give you seven hours of enforcing no violence against you. But you will not be able to do anything afterwards.
  • You have a blast of magic that will make that someone who is 15 miles or 24 kilometers away pay attention to your direction, and any the results of any plans you make. However, this will shorten your time window what time you have left, be it 1 day or less, to 10 seconds.
  • You can make sealife go wild. This has 1 benefit that will give you 1 additional second.
  • Magic eyes can give you 1 additional second, but you must spend 1 hour
  • You can mind control yourself to do actions within reason.
  • You have a flashy immaterial eyeball that is visible from 15 miles or 24 kilometers away. It is not necessarily a sign of an SOS. It may shrink distance between you and that someone from 15 miles or 24 kilometers to 7 miles or 11 kilometers.
  • You can sing real good and loud. 1 mile range or 1.6 km range. You can scream real loud (7 miles or 11 km)
  • Your hand is unbreakable.
  • You can lengthen limbs to absurd lengths (I do not have a limit I can say with certainty until one makes a plan using it. Based on my judgement)
Save yourself.
For those DnD people, try to make world-breaking shenanigans please with these abilities.
:blob_cookie: Hangs. Not lies.

SailusGebel

That is true. I missed that inference. My bad!:sweat_smile:

You still die though... :sweating_profusely:The use of the eye requires extension up to the appropriate distance that it can be seen from 15 miles away. 10 seconds is not enough for use of the eye and getting the scream to an appropriate volume.
Bruh. Now you say that this stuff has cast time. Might as well mention all limitations from the get-go.

TheMonotonePuppet

Bruh. Now you say that this stuff has cast time. Might as well mention all limitations from the get-go.
Hey! I am not a min-maxing individual who defines every ability with exact time ranges! :blob_joy: :blob_joy:
You were just an unfortunate casualty... maybe you should make sure you have more backups before you get impulsive, like in the real world. *whistles innocently*

SailusGebel

Hey! I am not a min-maxing individual who defines every ability with exact time ranges! :blob_joy: :blob_joy:
You were just an unfortunate bystander...
I literally did the opposite of min-maxing. I didn't even try to stretch the definition of terms. I simply said casts in order, extremely obvious one.

TheMonotonePuppet

Hmmm...
I feel like you lose somehow...:blob_hmm_two::blob_joy::blob_joy::blob_joy:
But I think you win! Both within and outside the question!
Bravo!!! Thanks!🤩

Now... everyone's goal is to pick holes in MatchaChocolate69's plan!