Can a Human become Ominiscient

NineHeadHeavenDevouringSerpent

Omniscience is basically the end. Every permutations and combinations, every possibility and impossibilities, Every beginning and end, Every dimension and timelines.... It has ended.

This isn't individual, all concepts of individualism ends. There is no entity other than that omniscient END, they have lived, passed, and been in every fundamental fabric of reality.

People are misguided in thinking omniscience is a power to something even greater. No! It literally means to "be" of everything and anything that has happened, will happen, could happened. Further existence of reality is nullified the moment omniscience is manifested.

Omniscience falls among one of the five penultimate calamities, it's believed to be the inevitable one. There are star systems upon star systems that have built religions around this belief, they believe one day a messiah will be enlightened to omniscience and end all their sufferings. They are quite the fanatics, none are ever so "convincing" as they are.... Even I was *ahem* well it was for a brief per... moment, inconsequential in the grand scheme of things.

Grim_Ether

I am relatively certain that omniscience is fundementally incompatable with sapience, possibly sentience in general. To be omniscient is to acknowledge the base concept that nothing matters, and in the end all will return to the void. Apparently in humans that's a form of depression, and can have minor issues with long term health. Limited omniscience is fine though, since that does not require the understanding of everything, just the knowledge, and we have countless examples of sapient creatures having knowledge of the inevitable bad thing that will occur in the future and willfully refusing to acknowedge it since it has yet to happened.

LesserSarcasm

Its easy, char gets omniscients, dies from information induced synaesthesia various blood vessels popping etc. Pretty violent way to die acually

Basically inpossible as you violate certain quantum principles, goes something like 'to know where it is u cannot know its speed, to know its speed you cannot know where it is' or something.

Imagine knowing excatly which particles are going to quantum tunnel to each other ( about 10^60 could be more or less pending stars age / size) inside a stars core each second for every star in the visible universe lets say wild guess 10^30 stars.

That 10^60^(10^30) and thats just the inside the stars
To also lnow there speed heat brightness rotation age distance travelled etc what ever metric you can think of and more each second for every star yeah, keep your omniscient, thats before planets and whatever is on them.

Sagacious_Punk

Resident solarpunk
I look at this thread and laugh.

Then again, transcending the gravitational pull of such a black-hole concept is not a trivial feat.

Omnidoxes are no joke.

But there is a path forward. Infinity itself postulates so. Just beware the mirror.

RepresentingEnvy

En-Chan Queen Vampy!
I look at this thread and laugh.

Then again, transcending the gravitational pull of such a black-hole concept is not a trivial feat.

Omnidoxes are no joke.

But there is a path forward. Infinity itself postulates so. Just beware the mirror.
I always use Doctor Zobb's Anti-Time Paradox Cream. Just check your medicine cabinet. It should already be there. It is for external use only. Although... I don't think it will do much if you eat it, except taste bad. Just rub it on any paradox you find three times a day. It should retroactively clear up in no time.

Literally.

It causes time itself to undergo existence failure.

DO NOT USE ON CHILDREN OR ANYONE UNDER THE AGE OF *sound of ear-piercing screech combined with about forty trombones being tossed down a stairwell*

You need to use Doctor Zobb's Anti-Time For Toddlers instead and I don't have any, but I could pick some up at the duty-free. I think it's possible to lick that one, BTW. At least once.

Doctor Zobb's Anti-Time For Toddlers, not the duty free.
DO NOT LICK THE DUTY-FREE.
Trust me on this one.

GoodPerson

The only active fanfictioners in the forum.
So basically I don't understand how full omniscience would work not like I don't understand what it is but I'm pondering the possibility of a character getting it.

So basically every character that has omniscience in stories has a caveat to it and basically it's usually very flawed and can't be called omniscience just psuedo-ominiscience. I'll be naming a couple of popular characters most should know and some of my favourites in xianxa and xuanhanhan (Chinese novel tags, I've read a lot of those).

So Morpheus, the Dream of the endless who is basically a conceptual being born from the dreams of creation and who has nigh absolute control over dreams was overwhelmed by that much power and this, a creature that was born explicitly to fulfill that role, had to separate some of his authority into his cloak and helm because of how much of a hassle it was.
In fact the other Endless and beings on that level also had to create domains where their powers could be more easily expressed and all of these guy's have psuedo-ominiscience as well, with Destiny of the Endless presumably having, wait no his is more potent being the destiny of all creation and all that but even beings like this get caught of guard and can be made unaware of things some people plot against them in the background.

The Source, on the other hand is ominiscient but his doesn't count because he's a capital g god who basically holds all of creation in the DC universe but he's a being that came to be it wasn't an acquired power so that guy doesn't count.

The other example I'd like to cite is the protagonist from "Nurturing Humanity" great read by the way but his situation doesn't count because he is an insect queen/Hive mind that changed all existing species in the universe to become members of his race and birthed the rest.
Even with all that he isn't ominiscient because he is everything and everyone but if he taps into that aspect of himself he'd get turned into a mindless phenomena that is like a part of nature, like thunder and rain because of the torrent of the will of all things washing away his consciousness.
He's Hella strong I'm not gonna lie but this is the emotions, thoughts, dreams and desires of all the universe's life (yes even the microbes) so he basically sealed 99% of his power so that he doesn't get to that point.

Then there is Yin Sen the protagonist of the novel "I am god" who is another terrible example of omniscience as even though he was formerly human he didn't know what exactly happened after he died to make him became what he became( i love the story but the explanation behind how he became a big g god is incomprehensible).
He's ominiscient not because he knows everything but because if he descends his cognition becomes the general trend of the universe itself as destiny forcefully corrects itself to accommodate his thoughts, so the big guy usually exists in the void outside of reality because he'd feel bad taking away everyone's free will.

Most of this examples aren't replicable but I was thinking of there really was anyway to make a human (like human at his core no race change stuff, cybernetic enhancements are okay though) to become ominiscient.

P.S the punctuation is terrible I know I just don't have the energy to edit this.
This message:

60% explanation of the question
30% So...

Anon2024

????????? (???/???)
Yeah to know everything is to see everything from vastly different perspectives. Good and evil gets blurred and frankly becomes meaningless

Yeah just give them the three big O's (Omniscience, Omnipotence and Omnipresence)
I'd actually argue that good and evil become far more black and white.

TheEldritchGod

A Cloud Of Pure Spite And Eyes
In order to know everything, you would have to know, EVERYTHING. To know everything, you would need more energy than exists in the universe you are trying to know everything about. You could not have omniscience AND be a part of the thing you know everything about.

I could have omniscience over a VIDEOGAME, because it is very limited and I am outside it, but infinity does not exist in the universe (No. There are not "different infinities" That's just semantics. and a result of the frameworks you define infinity in.) Because you are not part of it. It is lower resolution than the universe it exists in. But if you want 1:1 knowledge of the universe you exist in, you would need a perfect model of the universe and a 1:1 model of everything cannot fit inside of everything.

ACertainPassingUser

When you write a Novel, youre omniscient in that you know everything that's going to happen in your novel, long before it was written.

Everything about the novel is already in your mind, you just need to spend some effort writing them.

Thats why i never beleived any author who said they dont know about some aspect in their own novel. Theyre the freakin creator, the true author, nothing happen inside the novel that happens without their agreement.

Sure, readers might disagree and said "plot hole" or "bad writing". But thats just reader POV, an outsider at best.

For the novel itself, Author is the creator and their word means everything.

Reader making fanfic is just reader became an author themself.

TheEldritchGod

A Cloud Of Pure Spite And Eyes
I always use Doctor Zobb's Anti-Time Paradox Cream. Just check your medicine cabinet. It should already be there. It is for external use only. Although... I don't think it will do much if you eat it, except taste bad. Just rub it on any paradox you find three times a day. It should retroactively clear up in no time.

Literally.

It causes time itself to undergo existence failure.

DO NOT USE ON CHILDREN OR ANYONE UNDER THE AGE OF *sound of ear-piercing screech combined with about forty trombones being tossed down a stairwell*

You need to use Doctor Zobb's Anti-Time For Toddlers instead and I don't have any, but I could pick some up at the duty-free. I think it's possible to lick that one, BTW. At least once.

Doctor Zobb's Anti-Time For Toddlers, not the duty free.
DO NOT LICK THE DUTY-FREE.
Trust me on this one.
I... do not remember writing this.

Wait. Did I use Doctor Zobb's Anti-Time paradox cream and forget I used it? G'Dimmit! What timeline am I in again? Lets see... Biden Is President of America... Bridges are collapsing after being rammed... Earthquakes in New York City... Oh Good.

I'm still in Hell.

fluffypie374

Go watch the movie Lucy. Maybe it'll give you some ideas on top of all the ones here. :blob_hide:

GlassRose

Kaleidoscope of Harmonious Contradiction
When you write a Novel, youre omniscient in that you know everything that's going to happen in your novel, long before it was written.

Everything about the novel is already in your mind, you just need to spend some effort writing them.

Thats why i never beleived any author who said they dont know about some aspect in their own novel. Theyre the freakin creator, the true author, nothing happen inside the novel that happens without their agreement.

Sure, readers might disagree and said "plot hole" or "bad writing". But thats just reader POV, an outsider at best.

Hard disagree. Authors are fallible, and don't always plan out their story completely beforehand, and don't always remember the details of the story that they've already written. As they write, new details come into existence that they didn't know before. Sometimes, story events work out in a way that means they have to change their plan, characters take actions that the author didn't predict during the planning but make sense for the character to do, during the writing, and that winds up changing the path of the story, to a varying degree.

Now, there's an argument to be made that while author's aren't Omniscient, they ARE Omnipotent, so they can retroactively make anything they wish to be the truth, and can force any character to take any action needed for the story, the caveat is that if that isn't consistent with what has already been established then they have to override what they have already established and that weakens their story.

So an author could be asked a tough question, and not know the answer, because they don't want to contradict anything they've written and haven't yet thought through it enough to be able to give a satisfactory answer.

TsumiHokiro

Just another chick in the universe
A human? No. A vampire? Yes.
This bird doubts a vampire could. Vampires are somewhat human.

Same as @GlassRose, this bird disagrees. First of all, readers are not outsiders of the universe, the author is the outsider (The Omnipotent entity) and readers are given an insider perspective of the story (they have limited knowledge about the story). An author might not know everything about their own story if they haven't planned it yet, but an Author has the capability of changing a story whenever they so desire (Past, Present, and Future), a privilege reserved to the Creator. And stories have plot-holes not because readers don't know how to read, but because the universe fails to explain itself.

A creator's word might mean everything, but just because the creator has decided to say so does not elevate the quality of their creation. A reader has the inside perspective, but they're also readers, not mindless characters of a novel where a creator can just say "Adore me and my story" for all their questionable content to be seen for that which it's not!