Can someone help me with my new cover art image?

Sylver

I'm having troubling resizing it down to the recommended 250 x 350 pixels without it looking like a blurry mess. I hope it's not too much to ask, but what did you guys use to make your cover art look well?

I have the image file downloaded! Just need to fit it into size. I can crop it if necessary, and I've used Imgur and Image Resizer.

At worst, I'll ask someone, maybe one of you guys, if you could resize it for me :ROFLMAO: but if I can manage it through directions, it would be a fun learning process for me.

Thank you :blob_happy:

ParticleOfSand

Miserable one
As far as I remember, my cover is auto resized and it looks fine. Just need to make sure the proportions are close enough.

Sylver

As far as I remember, my cover is auto resized and it looks fine. Just need to make sure the proportions are close enough.
Oooo that it does, gives me Assassin's Creed vibes :blob_melt:

So did you resize it yourself or do you mean that it was resized when you submitted it as your cover art?

Glitched

Moth Mommy
Oooo that it does, gives me Assassin's Creed vibes :blob_melt:

So did you resize it yourself or do you mean that it was resized when you submitted it as your cover art?
Resize it yourself if its too unbalnced. just make sure its a multiple of 250 x 350
I.e. 1000 x 1400 or 750 x 1050

Zinless

How do I
Oooo is that what you did?
I crop my cover to fit a multiple of 250 x 350. That's how you prevent stretching anyway. As for blur, it is inevitable. Just make sure there aren't too many details in your cover.

Hans.Trondheim

Hans off, please!
I'm having troubling resizing it down to the recommended 250 x 350 pixels without it looking like a blurry mess. I hope it's not too much to ask, but what did you guys use to make your cover art look well?

I have the image file downloaded! Just need to fit it into size. I can crop it if necessary, and I've used Imgur and Image Resizer.

At worst, I'll ask someone, maybe one of you guys, if you could resize it for me :ROFLMAO: but if I can manage it through directions, it would be a fun learning process for me.

Thank you :blob_happy:
I'm using Photoshop to work on my covers, so if you'd like, you can send it to me for edits through the PMs

Dieter

the Writer
just don't fuck w the ratio n you'll be fine. preferably 2k-3k pixel range for me

ACertainPassingUser

What is your original cover size anyway ? Pixel by pixel ?

Some cover were made for book sized print were usually contain lots of detail and shapes that would be lost when resized to lower resolution cover.

It could be better to custom made the cover for that size of pixel.

N0xiety

This is basically like limited online photoshop.

Load your image
Press Alt + Ctrl + I
Set 'resample' to 'Bicubic Sharper'
Resize to whatever size you want

When you are done press 'File' then 'Export As'. Set quality to 100% when exporting as you are doing such a small image anyways. This should be good enough for you, but if you still think it's blurry, then before exporting you can do sharpening.

For this you need to click on the image, then at the upper row press Filter -> Sharpen -> Smart Sharpen
There you can set it to 100% and 0.3 to 0.4 px radius for the small size you are going for.
You can play around with this to get better results.

I think that should be enough for you.

Last edited:

tiaf

ゞ(シㅇ3ㅇ)っ•♥•Speak fishy, read BL.•♥•
You could download CSP for phone. It’s an photoshop alternative and you have 30 hours free use in the app. Resizing or cropping would be easy

Sylver

I crop my cover to fit a multiple of 250 x 350. That's how you prevent stretching anyway. As for blur, it is inevitable. Just make sure there aren't too many details in your cover.
Thank you!