Can they cross-dress?

Cipiteca396

🐉🪽🍂🌑🍀🪶🌺🌈
AI Happy Accidents Selene A (96).jpg

Anemic_Vampire

🌻Currently Hibernating🌹
Can your main characters cross-dress? If so, how well?
Well, the story I'm about to write (in a hundred years) is about a guy who looks feminine. There is this whole part I'm thinking about where he tries to overcome the anxiety about his feminine features and accepting who he is.

An ai image for better visualisation, based on his character description I wrote.
pixai-1758631822057642296.png

Syringe

Bluetooth 7 Enabled Holy Blade w/ Red Dot Sight
Pretty well I'd say, since men, women, and pretty much everyone wear suits in the first place. Suits are a sign of prestige and power, more so than metal armour plates/treasures. Gives more protection too... Since uh, the thread used to make the cloth are materialized suffering.

Frost, The Head. Genderbent dude, but is a woman.

Jury, the Founder of a time-manipulation company. Woman.

Nav, a sapient machine made from primordial 'Light'. Woman.

Sabruness

Cultured Yuri Connoisseur
could they? yes, they could dress in male clothing. would they be successful in passing as men? hell no, at least without some medieval-torture-device level corsets that flattened everything (and likely crush internal organs).

Jerynboe

Erich: yes but only because of shapeshifting magic
Emrys: he’s a beautiful borderline drow femboy. He could manage it pretty easily
Gil: as a world hopper you never know what skills you might need. He wouldn’t look great but he could manage it if he had to, assuming he can get his hands on some makeup and appropriate clothes.

TremendousHuman

Actual reason behind demographic problems
Anyone can crossdress. Not everyone can do that convincingly. most of my main characters are or look like little kids, so it would not be a problem for them. Victor may be the only grown up in the line up, but he looks like a ghoul after living in a forest for so long, so he really would be androgynous if he shaved

Seaspecter

I believe the commodores described Anna’s body type perfectly in their song ‘Brick House’ so no she wouldn’t fool anyone wearing men’s clothes.

Loewenmensch

For the most part, no, they couldn't pass. My male characters are mostly very masculine, and my female characters are all very feminine.

Exceptions are Crow (short for a man, has already blended into a crowd of women while wearing his own clothes) and Mari (very gender-nonconforming, prefers to wear his hair long, has been mistaken for a girl).

wresch

My whole novel is about a young boy who cross-dresses. He looks and acts as a girl. His/her death is the mystery of the novel.

Attachments

• Kayli-Unknown-original.jpg
    Kayli-Unknown-original.jpg
    335.3 KB · Views: 6

Paul_Tromba

Sleep deprived mess of a published author
Yes, he wouldn't but he can. He would just look very ugly as a woman.