chances of recognition

kaida

Although I joined late last year, I did so mostly to come to the forum for advice and discussion. I have not spent long on Scribble Hub's home, but I've come to recognize a lot of things that I'd like some clarification on from older and/or experienced members if that's okay.

I am planning to post my story on this site, along cross-posting it on a couple of other sites. From what I've gathered on here the stories that receive the most love are isekai/rebirth/transmigration, and things similar to that, with a lot of stories I see taking inspiration from j-novels/c-novels and the cultivation/xianxia/xuanhuan/wuxia aspect of it. My story contains none of these elements although I am aware this is all subjective.

I apologize if I sound rude by this question, it's not my intent. There are several gems in this site and I'm positive that many of these novels that contain those genres are excellent. I would like to learn as I am fairly new to Scribble Hub in terms of time spent on it :) however, every author knows the feeling of working hard on a novel only to be confronted by this fear. Honestly tho I am just happy with 1 reader, I just want to know more of Scribble Hub's inner gears, and maybe some recommendations for other good rep sites that allow you to post your own story (not like Wattpad).

Quick edit note: Y'ALL ARE SO NICE AND HELPFUL PLEASEEEEE :blob_uwu::blob_uwu::blob_uwu:

Last edited:

Leti

I just want to know more of Scribble Hub's inner gears, and maybe some recommendations for other good rep sites that allow you to post your own story (not like Wattpad).
If you want to know how m̶a̶f̶i̶a̶ Scribble Hub works, you could always ask @Tony for a very detailed explanation. He is our Godf̶a̶t̶h̶e̶r̶ Emperor who knows this site better than anyone else.

kaida

If you want to know how m̶a̶f̶i̶a̶ Scribble Hub works, you could always ask @Tony for a very detailed explanation. He is our Godf̶a̶t̶h̶e̶r̶ Emperor who knows this site better than anyone else.
thanks for the rec c:

D

Deleted member 29316

Well, I'm also new to this site actually, having joined last May 2020. What I can offer you are my observations in this platform compared to other online self-publishing sites.

First off, what drew me in this site was the similarity of its platform to the site, RoyalRoad. I've been an author there for several years before quitting because of certain issues. If I may say, ScribbleHub is the 'chill' version of RoyalRoad, with most audiences reasonable and kinder than the other site.

Second, the platform itself. I've been an author in another site, WebNovel, and I could say that in formats, ScribbleHub is better. Heck, I couldn't even post my illustrations in WebNovel!

Third, like WebNovel, here in ScribbleHub you can answer some feedbacks being given, so that you may clear some things a reader didn't understand in your work. Compared to RoyalRoad, here you can defend your story should the need for it arises.

Fourth, though you may encounter some snowflakes, again, the community here is more 'beginner-friendly'. So yeah, please post your stories to your heart's content.

And welcome again, to ScribbleHub!

kaida

Well, I'm also new to this site actually, having joined last May 2020. What I can offer you are my observations in this platform compared to other online self-publishing sites.

First off, what drew me in this site was the similarity of its platform to the site, RoyalRoad. I've been an author there for several years before quitting because of certain issues. If I may say, ScribbleHub is the 'chill' version of RoyalRoad, with most audiences reasonable and kinder than the other site.

Second, the platform itself. I've been an author in another site, WebNovel, and I could say that in formats, ScribbleHub is better. Heck, I couldn't even post my illustrations in WebNovel!

Third, like WebNovel, here in ScribbleHub you can answer some feedbacks being given, so that you may clear some things a reader didn't understand in your work. Compared to RoyalRoad, here you can defend your story should the need for it arises.

Fourth, though you may encounter some snowflakes, again, the community here is more 'beginner-friendly'. So yeah, please post your stories to your heart's content.

And welcome again, to ScribbleHub!

Ahh thank you so much! This actually brought me a lot of relief ^^; I wasn't sure how this community acted, but hearing that it's a lot more friendly and kind compared to other sites causes me to relax a lot more haha

Thank you! And welcome to ScribbleHub as well! <3

Yairy

The Dreamer of Wonderland!
I'm fairly new here too. Nice to meet you too!

Here's a tip for you that I have heard many times from other authors here: Post your chapters is increments and not all at once. (Try not to post more than 1 chapter a day.) It'll keep your novel on the latest update list longer that way catching the eyes of readers who visit the site daily. That's a way to get a bit more exposure.

If you post them all on the same day it'll go to the lastest update list which you want but then fall down fast. By the time any reader comes by it'll be gone from the 1st page which hinders your readership.

Welcome to Scribblehub and enjoy your stay!

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
Write what you love and don't let anyone tell you it's trash . . . unless you're me and trash is what you are going for because you know one person's trash is another person's treasure.

Saileri

Your Friendly Neighborhood IT Guy
Many have already said useful things, so I'm not going to repeat them. I'll second what K5Rakitan said. As long as you write because you like/love it, you will be able to push through. Meanwhile, the community here is really kind and supporting, so yeah, it's a great starter and I'm glad I chose SH as my site.

To not get burned out and stressed over meeting deadlines, I'd suggest writing for 1 or 2 weeks first, to see what is your pace without straining yourself and then assuming some releasing schedule. For me, since I always end up with 3-4k word chapters, it's once or twice a week, depending on how much time I had to sit down and write.

While that said, shorter chapters with more uploads are much more popular here, so if you aim for minmaxing your reach, you should consider posting short ones more often, like every 2-3 days, but beware of accustoming your readers to a quick schedule and then having problems with meeting it.

A quick tip from the top of my head, watch out for publishing and unpublishing chapters just to edit something and publish again. The algorithm will take it as a try to bump them in the recent releases. Just edit them live. Same with moving the order of released chapters.

And naturally, the isekai or cultivation ones are the majority due to obvious reasons, but don't get discouraged if yours is not of that genre.

JayDirex

Although I joined late last year, I did so mostly to come to the forum for advice and discussion. I have not spent long on Scribble Hub's home, but I've come to recognize a lot of things that I'd like some clarification on from older and/or experienced members if that's okay.

I am planning to post my story on this site, along cross-posting it on a couple of other sites. From what I've gathered on here the stories that receive the most love are isekai/rebirth/transmigration, and things similar to that, with a lot of stories I see taking inspiration from c-novels and the cultivation/xianxia/xuanhuan/wuxia aspect of it. My story contains none of these elements although I am aware this is all subjective.

I apologize if I sound rude by this question, it's not my intent. There are several gems in this site and I'm positive that many of these novels that contain those genres are excellent. I would like to learn as I am fairly new to Scribble Hub in terms of time spent on it :) however, every author knows the feeling of working hard on a novel only to be confronted by this fear. Honestly tho I am just happy with 1 reader, I just want to know more of Scribble Hub's inner gears, and maybe some recommendations for other good rep sites that allow you to post your own story (not like Wattpad).

I don't write any of the genre that you mentioned and I have plenty of readers because I write good stories. I would have more if I updated more but you know, that's a me problem.

My point is if you write a good story you'll get readers regardless of the genre. Now if you want to be on trending and have hundreds and hundreds of readers then yeah you have to write to the specific things that the fans up here like but, such is life.

Lastly, the best advice given up here is that you should post one chapter a day ( usually on day 1 I will post three chapters.) do not try to post all your chapters because you want to try to stay up on the new chapter release every day so people can see your story and see that it's consistent.

and you also asked about another website to post: RoyalRoad.com many of us split our time between here and there.

AkalE

Honestly SH audience does favor reincarnation/ isekai novels more. Gernerally anything with a JP influence tend to do well apart from smut, GL, BL, Harem etc. stories.
If your story doesn't fall under these categories it is likely to not receive a similar readership growth, which is important. As an author on Sh you want to jump from latest stories to trending ASAP. That is the only way you can get enough exposure.

I would suggest you start posting on other sites first such as RR/WN/creativenovels/ any of the other sites. The point is to make sure you have a sufficient chapters before you publish on SH so that you can have the SH readers straightaway start binging.

This suggestion works well for all categories of course. But I suggest this more for the stories that do not fall under the SH reader's general appetite.

Hope this was of some help. Wishing you all the best. :)

kaida

I'm fairly new here too. Nice to meet you too!

Here's a tip for you that I have heard many times from other authors here: Post your chapters is increments and not all at once. (Try not to post more than 1 chapter a day.) It'll keep your novel on the latest update list longer that way catching the eyes of readers who visit the site daily. That's a way to get a bit more exposure.

If you post them all on the same day it'll go to the lastest update list which you want but then fall down fast. By the time any reader comes by it'll be gone from the 1st page which hinders your readership.

Welcome to Scribblehub and enjoy your stay!

thank you SO much!! I was struggling with my update schedule. What would you say with something like a chapter every few days or a chapter a week? I see that it's probably better to have your story written in full or at least pretty far in before posting it then C:

Also, welcome to the Hub!

Write what you love and don't let anyone tell you it's trash . . . unless you're me and trash is what you are going for because you know one person's trash is another person's treasure.

This is actually a lot more encouraging than you think snjsjkhfksf I do forget a lot that even tho you might hate your own writing there will always be someone out there who enjoys it :')

Many have already said useful things, so I'm not going to repeat them. I'll second what K5Rakitan said. As long as you write because you like/love it, you will be able to push through. Meanwhile, the community here is really kind and supporting, so yeah, it's a great starter and I'm glad I chose SH as my site.

To not get burned out and stressed over meeting deadlines, I'd suggest writing for 1 or 2 weeks first, to see what is your pace without straining yourself and then assuming some releasing schedule. For me, since I always end up with 3-4k word chapters, it's once or twice a week, depending on how much time I had to sit down and write.

While that said, shorter chapters with more uploads are much more popular here, so if you aim for minmaxing your reach, you should consider posting short ones more often, like every 2-3 days, but beware of accustoming your readers to a quick schedule and then having problems with meeting it.

A quick tip from the top of my head, watch out for publishing and unpublishing chapters just to edit something and publish again. The algorithm will take it as a try to bump them in the recent releases. Just edit them live. Same with moving the order of released chapters.

And naturally, the isekai or cultivation ones are the majority due to obvious reasons, but don't get discouraged if yours is not of that genre.

Thank you tons dude! Ah...I do have a habit of making my chapters really long so as not to have so many, but this is good advice. I'll keep a closer eye on my word count. Thank you for your input, this was super helpful!

I don't write any of the genre that you mentioned and I have plenty of readers because I write good stories. I would have more if I updated more but you know, that's a me problem.

My point is if you write a good story you'll get readers regardless of the genre. Now if you want to be on trending and have hundreds and hundreds of readers then yeah you have to write to the specific things that the fans up here like but, such is life.

Lastly, the best advice given up here is that you should post one chapter a day ( usually on day 1 I will post three chapters.) do not try to post all your chapters because you want to try to stay up on the new chapter release every day so people can see your story and see that it's consistent.

and you also asked about another website to post: RoyalRoad.com many of us split our time between here and there.

Oh man, that's a lot of chapters for one day. Gathering from the other responses I guess I really will have to cut down my chapter length and wait until I've got a good stock of chapters before I start publishing them (tho like you said this is more a me problem too since I am a major procrastinator who loses inspiration often haha) thank you for saying this tho it actually encourages me a lot :)

I made a list of English web novel sites that can be found here.
I CAN'T THANK YOU ENOUGHHHH 🙏

Honestly SH audience does favor reincarnation/ isekai novels more. Gernerally anything with a JP influence tend to do well apart from smut, GL, BL, Harem etc. stories.
If your story doesn't fall under these categories it is likely to not receive a similar readership growth, which is important. As an author on Sh you want to jump from latest stories to trending ASAP. That is the only way you can get enough exposure.

I would suggest you start posting on other sites first such as RR/WN/creativenovels/ any of the other sites. The point is to make sure you have a sufficient chapters before you publish on SH so that you can have the SH readers straightaway start binging.

This suggestion works well for all categories of course. But I suggest this more for the stories that do not fall under the SH reader's general appetite.

Hope this was of some help. Wishing you all the best. :)
It was very helpful, thank you! I wish you all the best too. I guess I did one right thing by deciding to cross-post it on other sites then. RoyalRoad was actually one of my other choices! Thanks again :D

Last edited:

JayDirex

yeah, through some trial and error I found 1500-1800 word chapters to be ideal.

That's a meaty enough chapter without burning your reader out. and you can crank out one chapter a week at that length.

If you write 500 words a day you have it done in 3 days with time to edit and proofread. @kaida

DDTStudios

I kill myself and create 2000-3000 word chapters on average. My longest chapter is almost 5000 words. I know I'm extremely shameless but my novel is called Heir de Winter. It's not exactly LitRPG (there is basically a program with the mc that acts as a Fitbit recorder but doesn't grant him any skill or item or techniques. It's basically a health tracker) it's more heavy plot based where every event connects with one another. I do have my story planned out and stuff but I'm a far cry from completing it. Please take a look at it if you have time. I'm a novice writer so anything will help.

kaida

yeah, through some trial and error I found 1500-1800 word chapters to be ideal.

That's a meaty enough chapter without burning your reader out. and you can crank out one chapter a week at that length.

If you write 500 words a day you have it done in 3 days with time to edit and proofread. @kaida

Thanks again! Having a steady schedule without burning yourself out is important to consider, especially for someone like me. I'll for sure try your suggestion. ❤

LazyPanda

I am seriously shocked on how you guys can write up to thousands of words per chapters. My average word counts are in the 700s :blob_shock::blob_shock::sweating_profusely::sweating_profusely:
Though I am a dabbing into writing novels for the first time just last week. I find that some of the advice above are really helpful, like updating on a consecutive base to keep your story in readers view.
Also welcome to Scribble Hub and hope the best of luck to you :blobtaco::blobtaco: "Fight On" "You Got This" "You're already great, you just don't know it yet"

D

Deleted member 29316

Reading your replies is making me really nervous on how my future chapters would turn out to be accepted. It's on the average of 5k-6k words range. 😑😑😑

Last edited by a moderator: