chances of recognition

D

Deleted member 29316

…. Think of it like pizza... do you like big slices or small slices? Either way, we'd all want to eat our fill 🍕🍕:blob_cookie::blob_cookie::blob_cookie::blob_cookie::blobtaco:
Well in any case, after the start of my 3rd volume, I reduced the release of my chapters per week.

Only a few read my works anyway.

LazyPanda

Well in any case, after the start of my 3rd volume, I reduced the release of my chapters per week.

Only a few read my works anyway.
Already got your SH novels in my reading list. Just need to finish some of my other in my list and after chopping my brain out to make some chapters. Your novels summary sounds really interesting and can't wait to check them out :blob_hide::blob_hide::blob_hide::blob_hide: *Sneaking* "Nin nin":blob_ninja::blob_ninja::blob_ninja:

D

Deleted member 29316

Already got your SH novels in my reading list. Just need to finish some of my other in my list and after chopping my brain out to make some chapters. Your novels summary sounds really interesting and can't wait to check them out :blob_hide::blob_hide::blob_hide::blob_hide: *Sneaking* "Nin nin":blob_ninja::blob_ninja::blob_ninja:
Ohh...thanks for the interest!

kaida

I am seriously shocked on how you guys can write up to thousands of words per chapters. My average word counts are in the 700s :blob_shock::blob_shock::sweating_profusely::sweating_profusely:
Though I am a dabbing into writing novels for the first time just last week. I find that some of the advice above are really helpful, like updating on a consecutive base to keep your story in readers view.
Also welcome to Scribble Hub and hope the best of luck to you :blobtaco::blobtaco: "Fight On" "You Got This" "You're already great, you just don't know it yet"

I'm so happy you can find some use in this thread as well! It's a super helpful thread. I suppose it's just preference, one of my pet peeves is having heaps of shorter chapters instead of lengthy chapters!! You will definitely start out small word count-wise when starting out. I really hope that you enjoy writing and continue to write! Thank you for the encouragements, you got this too! :blob_reach:

Saileri

Your Friendly Neighborhood IT Guy
You will definitely start out small word count-wise when starting out. I really hope that you enjoy writing and continue to write! Thank you for the encouragements, you got this too! :blob_reach:

It really depends on the person. I REALLY wanted to have short chapters, but I'm unable to do so. No matter how much I thin them, they end up being 3-4k words. I always was a wordy person in text, no matter its purpose. That's why my most feared issue is people not being able to push through my prologue which is a few chapters of worldbuilding long :blob_blank: Fortunately, I received a few messages saying they really like it, so there are at least 1 or 2 people who do :blob_cookie:

I just kinda can't write a lot of one-liners. And having the story in first person present doesn't help, since there's a lot of things being described via the eyes of the MC :blob_hide: This kinda destroys my wish to publish more often since it takes at least whole day to properly write a 4k chapter. But oh well, some people are just cursed with a week-long publishing schedule, unless I want to run out of my bufor instantly :blobrofl:

LazyPanda

@Saileri
Only reason why I write short chapters is because my brain runs out of brain cells. Then I go blank staring at the screen for minutes with a drool :blob_drool::blob_drool::blob_drool:
Also first person perspective give you some fun options to add in the narrator's personality, and doesn't stop one from doing some POV switch. :blob_okay:
"Don't worry, you got this!":blob_paint: "Everyone likes watching passionate people, especially when they tell their stories inside.":blob_cookie::blob_cookie::blob_cookie:

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
close brain and write. that's how i do it anyway. if you worry too much about popularity or hitting it big, it might fire back. but if the entire point of your writing is to make it big, then I suggest you do research on top genres and series rankings. since ScribbleHub is relatively small and beginner level, it should be easy to hit the big guys. next, aim big and go for bigger sites and do more in-depth research.

Kaguro

This is my own personal observation, but I think if you really want to cater to this audience here then basically write like you're posting on a forum rather than writing a novel.

Look at every top novel here and you'll notice that everything is written in what are basically single sentence paragraphs. Most sentences are paragraphs on their own, and only rarely do you see actual paragraph-length paragraphs.

Really though, I suspect that the title is the biggest factor in determining how popular a new series gets. Overly long titles that give away the plot seem to be the fad. Of course it matters that your writing itself is good, but that's not going to make people click the story in the first place. I see a lot of new stories languish, and others get insanely popular, purely by title.

Purely a testimonial here, but I have a NSFW story w/ a fairly non-descript title which was stuck around the same viewership since release. Changing the title to include the words (R-18) literally tripled my viewership overnight. So titles are important.

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
Purely a testimonial here, but I have a NSFW story w/ a fairly non-descript title which was stuck around the same viewership since release. Changing the title to include the words (R-18) literally tripled my viewership overnight. So titles are important.
Well, this one makes sense. The people that were interested in reading R-18 works might have not clicked your story at first with the previous title, and now they did click.

Meanwhile, the people that were not interested in reading R-18 might have clicked your story with the previous title, but... They wouldn't have read it anyways, so it was pointless to have them click it.

ForestDweller

Look at every top novel here and you'll notice that everything is written in what are basically single sentence paragraphs. Most sentences are paragraphs on their own, and only rarely do you see actual paragraph-length paragraphs.

That's because I can't really write long paragraphs. My writing style is really more like those Japanese LNs. It's not intentional in the slightest. :s_tongue:

kaida

This is my own personal observation, but I think if you really want to cater to this audience here then basically write like you're posting on a forum rather than writing a novel.

Really though, I suspect that the title is the biggest factor in determining how popular a new series gets. Overly long titles that give away the plot seem to be the fad. Of course it matters that your writing itself is good, but that's not going to make people click the story in the first place. I see a lot of new stories languish, and others get insanely popular, purely by title.

Oof, I didn't know this. I like to write in paragraphs but I'll go back and rearrange some things. I'm horrible at coming up with titles so I guess that will just be left up to fate :sweating_profusely:. For anyone reading this and has the same habit as me, I suggest breaking up your paragraphs after completing your chapter or whatever section you're writing. It's a lot easier.

Thank you so much :)

Last edited:

AbigailWP

Producer-Rapper-Writer-Cultivator-Fellow Human
I'm fairly new here too. Nice to meet you too!

Here's a tip for you that I have heard many times from other authors here: Post your chapters is increments and not all at once. (Try not to post more than 1 chapter a day.) It'll keep your novel on the latest update list longer that way catching the eyes of readers who visit the site daily. That's a way to get a bit more exposure.

If you post them all on the same day it'll go to the lastest update list which you want but then fall down fast. By the time any reader comes by it'll be gone from the 1st page which hinders your readership.

Welcome to Scribblehub and enjoy your stay!
Ah shit... well its to late now...

I was just so excited!!!