Change my mind about languages (you can't)

Corty

Sneaking in, stealing your socks.
The Thai writing is elvish:

You guys are elves. Don't even try to lie, @Sola-sama already confirmed it for me. Even though he will say otherwise, all the other SEA languages are just different elvish, and nobody can convince me otherwise.

Any languages using Cyrillic are dwarven kingdoms in disguise:

At first, I thought the Chinese/Japanese/Korean were dwarwish but no. These are Russian dwarvish power runes. If you can't see it then you didn't snort enough space dust, my friend.

Now, the trio of Korean/Chinese/Japanese:

Ents. Definitively entish writing. They are writing from top to bottom. Vertically like a tree. They are tree-people.

Arabic writings:

Hobbits. All those squiggly nonsense and unreasonable dots around the text. They are hobbits, 100%.

Also I'd like to mention Mongolian here:

They have to be the lost ent women. They write like elves but also like ents. They have to be the women Treebeard lost so long ago.

Hungarian:

Fucking black speech this is. Straight from Mordor. It sounds like someone trying to speak his last will while suffering from 5th-stage throat cancer. Hearing it turns you into a ringwraith. By the way, the lower table is the old language that reads from right to left. You are speaking in reverse like the devil. And who the fuck uses numbers in their language while speaking? See? It isn't normal.

I am also open to suggestions.

doravg

106/4001 (too lazy to count the stories again.)

You guys are elves. Don't even try to lie, @Sola-sama already confirmed it for me. Even though he will say otherwise, all the other SEA languages are just different elvish, and nobody can convince me otherwise.

At first, I thought the Chinese/Japanese/Korean were dwarwish but no. These are Russian dwarvish power runes. If you can't see it then you didn't snort enough space dust, my friend.

Ents. Definitively entish writing. They are writing from top to bottom. Vertically like a tree. They are tree-people.

Arabic writings:

Hobbits. All those squiggly nonsense and unreasonable dots around the text. They are hobbits, 100%.

They have to be the lost ent women. They write like elves but also like ents. They have to be the women Treebeard lost so long ago.

Hungarian:

Fucking black speech this is. Straight from Mordor. It sounds like someone trying to speak his last will while suffering from 5th-stage throat cancer. Hearing it turns you into a ringwraith. By the way, the lower table is the old language that reads from right to left. You are speaking in reverse like the devil. And who the fuck uses numbers in their language while speaking? See? It isn't normal.

Bulgarian is no dwarvish. And it is Cyrillic. THE Cyrillic since we stole the Cyrillic alphabet from the Byzantine Empire, which wanted to use it as a bribe for Moravia. So, if there wasn't Bulgarian, there wouldn't be any Cyrillic languages because the people who were spreading it were hunted like witches.

But people tend to forget that. Or never heard it in the first place.

But now you know, so have a cookie! :blob_cookie:

Lodur

Eight virgin

If you think, Thai is Elvish, then what about Malayalam script?

Also, what is called the "Cyrillic script" is actually slightly transformed Greek script (with some additional letters, borrowed from Jewish script). True original Cyrillic script is like this:

It's needless to say, that virtually nobody can read it nowadays, except linguists and historians, because it's not in use in any country or by ethnic group.
I can confirm that in fact every Russian person is a dwarf in disguise.
Even if they are Jötnar / Hrimthursar? :s_wink:

Last edited:

Sola-sama

Retired Old Man

Arabic writings:

Hungarian:

Thai has no space, so I can confirm that it is Elvish.
SEA languages are a bit similar to one another, so I can accept that it is just different kind of elvish.
I can read a little bit of Cyrillic, but my Russian isn't really that strong, so yes, it is also Dwarvish for me.
The trio Japanese-Korean-Chinese are literal magic language. They have high similarity with Greek's hieroglyph. I mean, look at this:

《施氏食狮史》
石室诗士施氏,嗜狮,誓食十狮。
氏时时适市视狮。
十时,适十狮适市。
是时,适施氏适市。
氏视是十狮,恃矢势,使是十狮逝世。
氏拾是十狮尸,适石室。
石室湿,氏使侍拭石室。
石室拭,氏始试食是十狮。
食时,始识是十狮尸,实十石狮尸。
试释是事。

This poem, The Lion-Eating Poet in the Stone Den, is ALL written in SHI but in different intonation.

I am somewhat fluent in Arabic, so for me, its not really Hobbit, but I too hate the squiglly.

Corty

Sneaking in, stealing your socks.
Thoughts on the Polish language? Not as fancy but the letter combinations are unique
Dwarves with a sore throat, trying to cough up something while speaking without much success.

RavenRunes

Filth Wizard
sorry....
Just wanted to know where Cymraeg stands in the pantheon of fantasy languages....:cool: