Chapter line

expentio

Can anyone tell me how to make a line that can divide a chapter?
I always make do with underlining empty lines but that's not really the solution I would want.

LotsChrono

Exclusively on this site? Can’t be done as it’s not a format option.

Though you can try by using this symbol on your keyboard and stringing them together. (The lower version of it works best, and I think it’s usually found on a physical keyboard at the upper right, next to the numbers)
F2A5FB1B-F681-4D6D-8162-2510BF5D80CE.jpeg

Aside from that, another option is just copying and pasting a dividing line.

On Google docs, for example, if you go to the ‘insert’ tab, there is an option to insert an horizontal line.

See if you can copy paste that.

expentio

Exclusively on this site? Can’t be done as it’s not a format option.

Though you can try by using this stymbol on your keyboard and stringing them together. (The lower version of it works best, and I think it’s usually found on a physical keyboard at the upper right, next to the numbers)
View attachment 6524
Aside from that, another option is just copying and pasting a dividing line.

On Google docs, for example, if you go to the ‘insert’ tab, there is an option to insert an horizontal line.

See if you can

This?
Is this how this was done? Yes, that's what I'm looking for.

LotsChrono

For that, at least when it comes to the forums, you click these:
979084AA-FDCD-41F8-ADBE-CCD0722F31ED.jpeg

However, that option isn’t available on the actual writing software of the site, when you’re writing and posting a chapter for a story. At least, I can’t find it.

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
For that, at least when it comes to the forums, you click these:
View attachment 6525
However, that option isn’t available on the actual writing software of the site, when you’re writing and posting a chapter for a story. At least, I can’t find it.
@expentio it's unavailable on mobile but you can find the same symbol on the desktop in house writing software for SH and clicking it does the same effect

The way I do it is by putting a placeholder in docs before importing everything to SH and changing the placeholders to

LotsChrono

@expentio it's unavailable on mobile but you can find the same symbol on the desktop in house writing software for SH and clicking it does the same effect

The way I do it is by putting a placeholder in docs before importing everything to SH and changing the placeholders to

Ah now that makes sense.

expentio

For some reason, when I click the horizontal line symbol it appears in the draft but it's invisible in the chapter.
Even if I copy it, as soon I update it into the chapter it's gone on the page.

Last edited:

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
For some reason, when I click the horizontal line symbol it appears in the draft but it's invisible in the chapter.
Even if I copy it, as soon I update it into the chapter it's gone on the page.
Send me the chapter I'll see if I can see it

expentio

Here I made 2 lines directly under the name on the top. They're gone, but there's a slight distortion of the space to the next text. If I press edit they're still there.
(Would like to delete this soon, cause I don't want this to linger in my story)