Recommendations chilling cultivation

TotallyHuman

never have seen something where the mc takes it easy in a xianxia.
I've seen plenty "I have reached the stage of Pagan God at 666 years when everyone else takes 6666 years to do it on average" kind of stories, but never "oh yeah, sure, I'll cultivate after a vacation. What do you mean I am already forty and ten years old outpace me? So? Why should I be in a hurry?" kind.
There was that story about old guy who was the god of time and who minmaxed so gard he withheld cultivation until his lifespan was runnung out, but it isn't what I am looking for.
I want to see more of a protagonist who is laid back, stops to see the roses, doesn't put him/herself under pressure to progress.
Not too much action. Not interested in faceslapping. No harem or romance.

EDIT: I was vague on my request, sorry. No cheat, no powerful mc, mc just cultivates at a very leasurely and slow pace and don't get into trouble

Last edited:

HelloHound

Hound of hell, lover of girls
there's a bit of romance but the dude's mostly just trying to chill around a bunch of workaholics

melchi

What is a custom title?
There is that light novel the least interesting sword master. A young disciple just sits around but is really strong but not flashy at all.

NotaNuffian

This does spark joy.
I've seen plenty "I have reached the stage of Pagan God at 666 years when everyone else takes 6666 years to do it on average" kind of stories, but never "oh yeah, sure, I'll cultivate after a vacation. What do you mean I am already forty and ten years old outpace me? So? Why should I be in a hurry?" kind.
There was that story about old guy who was the god of time and who minmaxed so gard he withheld cultivation until his lifespan was runnung out, but it isn't what I am looking for.
I want to see more of a protagonist who is laid back, stops to see the roses, doesn't put him/herself under pressure to progress.
Beware of Chicken?

There are actually loads from both chinese and english cultivation novels with little to no murderfuck.

Just chill breeze days slice of life.

Though to be funny, it is like saying playing a competitive game (cranking numbers) casually. The salty player base will bite your tits off.
beware of chicken (?)
Damn it. I was typing it.

SsemouyOnan

Bittersweet Cranberry Flavored Euphoria
There are 190+ chapters on RR, pretty sure this is almost exactly what you're looking for.

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme

EDIT: I was vague on my request, sorry. No cheat, no powerful mc, mc just cultivates at a very leasurely and slow pace and don't get into trouble
so you just want a slice of life xianxia story. You want the aesthetic without anything that makes the setting interesting. Secretly Cultivate for a Thousand Years could have been a good match but MC isnt just fucking around, he's just cultivating all day. Not vacationing

TotallyHuman

so you just want a slice of life xianxia story. You want the aesthetic without anything that makes the setting interesting. Secretly Cultivate for a Thousand Years could have been a good match but MC isnt just fucking around, he's just cultivating all day. Not vacationing
I wouldn't say that. It could have a rich worldbuilding with fun scenarios. Mc can be observer character who doesn't do much while interesting shit happens.

Sleds

I'm looking for Disney Sleds

Cultivation chat group may be a good one. MC is a normal human who enter a cultivation chat group by mistake, he already past the golden age to start cultivation but since he love this kind of thing he decide to give it a go. He don't really try to rush or anything but something he end in situation who give him pressure.

Edit : if you think they won't chill in this novel, I give you a little spoiler. They make a Tractor modifier by inscription/talisman race with all stage cultivator in it, A FUCKING TRACTOR RACE.

Last edited:

TotallyHuman

Cultivation chat group may be a good one. MC is a normal human who enter a cultivation chat group by mistake, he already past the golden age to start cultivation but since he love this kind of thing he decide to give it a go. He don't really try to rush or anything but something he end in situation who give him pressure.

Edit : if you think they won't chill in this novel, I give you a little spoiler. They make a Tractor modifier by inscription/talisman race with all stage cultivator in it, A FUCKING TRACTOR RACE.
it's chill, yes, but not what I want. Speedrunning, even by luck, cultivation in a year is not my cuppa tea