Coping With Poor Reviews

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamminrabbit

I get poor reviews and ratings all the time because I eventually remove chapters to upload to Amazon. Their grievances are 100% valid. I just look at my earnings to maliciously remind myself that they are so poor, they can't even pay a few bucks to read my stuff, so complaining is their only outlet.

Me, meanwhile: 🤑

melchi

What is a custom title?
I get poor reviews and ratings all the time because I eventually remove chapters to upload to Amazon. Their grievances are 100% valid. I just look at my earnings to maliciously remind myself that they are so poor, they can't even pay a few bucks to read my stuff, so complaining is their only outlet.

Yeah, KU is a really good deal so people can even read it for no cost other than their sub. It sucks that there are people that knock authors for wanting to try to monetize their efforts.

TheEldritchGod

A Cloud Of Pure Spite And Eyes
How do you do it?
I do it like this, I do it like that, I did her with a wiffle ball bat.

How deal with people who critique your work, when you can't have a civil discussion because they've blocked PMs and chatting?
Not one shred of my self-esteem is based on the opinions of others.

Like, you can't explain why you put this and that in your book because they are unavailable.
Let go.

Me, I want to be liked,
This. This right here. This is your problem. You want to be liked. You don't want to be a good writer, you don't want to improve, you don't want fame or money or power. You wish to be liked. Why? Why is the opinion of others so important that you would twist yourself into a pretzel to appease the sensibilities of people you will never speak to again?

even if it doesn't seem that way,
Oh. It seems that way.

so it hurts when someone unconditionally hates my stuff.
It shouldn't. 1% of the population Is insane. Statistically speaking, 1% of the population should be locked up and treated for major mental illness. Another 4% show shadow symptoms are most likely at least neurotic. So if you know 19 sane people, you are the nutter. Regardless, there is always someone who just wants the world to burn.

And not just hates the stuff that I also thought was bad, but doesn't even bother to understand me.
Because they enjoy your suffering and torment. It is fun to hurt people. I used to be a bill collector. I was a professional asshole who got paid money to TORTURE PEOPLE over the phone until, out of sheer frustration, they paid me money just to get rid of me. Trust me, hurting people is fun.

It also erodes your soul until you have nothing left and you are hollow and dead inside, but still fun.

Okay... say it with me now...

bulmabriefs144

My advice as a DM and Writer, ask yourself why you are mad at the review. If it's because it's nonsense, then there isn't a lot of reason to be mad, it'll even out over time. If it's because it stings somewhere inside that someone has trouble understanding your story, then use that pain to focus on what you can improve as a writer.

I think what bothered me the most about it was that, having read only one chapter, they wrote on the book page (where everyone can see an unsightly 1 star review), not the chapter page where it only addresses the chapter they read. It's like the difference between a kid making finger painting inside a house and someone making graffiti on the outside. And this is a house you spent months building only for the graffiti expert to say "The builder sucks." The other thing that bothers me is that it isn't really even about my quality of writing (though I do wish I wrote it more concisely), it's about that they don't agree with my values, therefore it sucks. Yes, it is somewhat true, and the truth of it bothers me. I do sometimes have unpopular ideas, and I do tend to worry that I'm not being concise.

I guess it helps to have nice reviews and focus on those. Then you can take the purely spiteful ones with humor, as the really unfounded ones rarely have any logic to them. I for example can't take those serious who generalize and say the story is bad because they say so and everyone thinks the same when the overwhelming number of good reviews says the opposite. The ones that rate badly for a reason though can hurt. Some people just don't like your stuff and sometimes it's just their personal impression. You simply can't satisfy everyone. As long as they don't generalize and start talking for all the readers they have the right to think as they do.
On the other and, I just had a review that basically went: Good plot, good characters, good style, too dark for my taste 3 stars. (I know that's not too bad, but I was scratching my head for a while, trying to figure this guy's rating priorities out)

I also write games. I had one that had a series of bad reviews. Instead of taking the good criticism and ignoring the unhelpful stuff, I made the mistake of arguing with the person. The review in retrospect was actually funny. It talked about burning it, burying it, and placing something evil on top of it.

I later remade it as a parody.

(As a side note, the book being reviewed in the opening post was originally a game)

Here in SH, a lot of noisy users hated my genre: harem and isekai. So, I removed my story here and posted somewhere else.

That would be me. Though I tend not to review others much because I know how it feels.

Tyranomaster

Guy who writes stuff
I think what bothered me the most about it was that, having read only one chapter, they wrote on the book page (where everyone can see an unsightly 1 star review), not the chapter page where it only addresses the chapter they read. It's like the difference between a kid making finger painting inside a house and someone making graffiti on the outside. And this is a house you spent months building only for the graffiti expert to say "The builder sucks." The other thing that bothers me is that it isn't really even about my quality of writing (though I do wish I wrote it more concisely), it's about that they don't agree with my values, therefore it sucks. Yes, it is somewhat true, and the truth of it bothers me. I do sometimes have unpopular ideas, and I do tend to worry that I'm not being concise.
I get that. My first review was 2 (later updated to 3) on RR. Honestly, a 1 star review is ignored more than a 2 or 3. Like with reviews for restaurants or amazon. 1 stars usually aren't great.

Euphridia

So.. I'm just beginning to write fiction. My day job is... hmm, variable for many things, but one thing I have to do is review feedback completely unrelated to fiction stories. However, IMHO, there is this great book called Thanks for the Feedback: The Science and Art of Receiving Feedback Well.

I am still learning from this book, but... I love the idea of breaking down the types of feedback you receive into three categories.
Appreciation, Coaching, and Evaluation. They're very different. Sometimes feedback will come with all of them, sometimes not.

It also talks about our brain clashing with the idea between our desire to learn and grow versus the idea of being accepted (as we already are). There's three 3 key triggers the book talks about, too:

Truth Triggers: “The feedback is wrong, unfair or unhelpful”
Relationship Triggers: “Who are you to give this feedback?”
Identity Triggers: “I feel threatened by the feedback.”

It even goes on to tell you how to nicely reject feedback by setting healthy boundaries.

I know I'm not tackling this from an author perspective, but I found this book helpful (and I'm by no means a super good feedback receiver).

Wonderful thing is, i can link you a video visual summary about it!

So this is how I'm learning to cope, anyway. ^^

bulmabriefs144

Hooooooooo boy. OKAY!

First, before ANYTHING, let the wound sting, and let it pass around and through you. I've skimmed your opening post, and you come off as rather quite defencive. Which, I don't blame you, I was like that when I started writing my book, Solstice (Hells, I even pre-empted a lot of incoming flak, which might explain my relatively low reader count).

I did read over your first chapter, and while I found it quite verbose and challenging to read through especially as I was reading it to assess the review and not natively, it did NOT deserve THAT. That said, I suspect you have several factors in your book that could lead to this sort of reaction:

- You have a serious description and a snarky protagonist. It's a bit of a tonal shift that can knock someone off their rocker for a bit. I personally actually like Ambrosia's commentary, but I'm also a bit of an Untitled Goose.

- Your book is called Oracle of Tao, and has very strong Eastern Philosophical theming, but then you bring in YHWH, or as you may better know him, the capital G Judeo-Christian God. Or that's how like everyone is going to view your GOD character because pretty much everyone's going to think Abrahamic religions when they see Capital-G God. You're straying well off the beaten path here, and honestly props, but it IS a risky maneuver. You do you, however, and it seems like you did.

- That insurance bit in your chapter CAN, WILL, and HAS ruffled the feathers of quite a few people. Especially if this reviewer was in the US, this is extremely hot-button. Economics is unfortunately married to politics, which, well, turns peoples' brains off. This reviewer clearly read your first chapter, decided the points you espoused were UTTERLY REPREHENSIBLE and chose to lead a personal crusade against you.

- The medicine commentary will also cause people to think of antivax, and other politicking, and is going to set people off. You seem like you put considerable research into this, and that is commendable, but people get polarised very easily, and at some point conversation breaks down.

- You did mention this in your description, and I commend you for it, but I can SEE the remnants of the RPG this started out as. 100cp=10sp=1gp, MP, A blank name for a town, explicitly suggesting that it can be named at will? A lot of SOD walls are going to break from this more than I think anything else, just because of how utterly differently literature plays than CRPGs.

- You're a published author who is presumably actually making money from this. One-Shot Protection is GONE for you, and people feel especially empowered to go on the attack. A lot of readers (myself included) will be significantly nicer toward newer authors.

I'm not saying whether I agree or disagree with any of these points, but I'm pointing out possible reasons why this might have happened. (Personally, I really despise that the TQ+ community loves to hurl "internalized transphobia" at people. Especially when they're writing purposely outside of their experiences and beliefs as an exercise in self-growth. But that's an aside.)

I can do an actual proper review of your first chapter if you'd like, maybe even as far as 5 chapters, but it will be slow.

But I absolutely implore you, meditate on your emotions. You're in a spot of extreme hurt, and it WILL colour how you handle yourself and those around you. Hurt people hurt people. Just how it works. It is tragic, but while this reviewer is a jerk, others will be genuinely trying to help, and we owe it to our friends and family and lovers and siblings to foster what little warmth we can in this cold world.

I apologise if this is unwelcome, but i hope any of this helps.

If you'd like to rant or vent toward, or at, me, either on main or here, you can message me. The TLDR here is: You went off the beaten trail, which is cool, but sometimes random encounters happen (people dislike it).

What is funny is that his review was nearly as long as the chapter.

As for your comments (which are also fairly long, but seem more positive), I'll read this and comment.

So here's where I come from. As I say, I like to be understood.

Grew up Christian, got caught up in alot of eastern religion and was kinda interested in that. So religiously, I think of God as a personal reflection of the Tao (kinda an avatar or something). In another of my books, Jesus becomes a Shinto style ninetail fox. So yeah, very mashed up. This is also why God in the book is not a sort of moral authority but kinda morally gray, kinda a Taoist idea of what YHWH is like.

I get what you're saying about the tonal shift. I could have probably had another character (maybe the priest himself healing her) say all that.

I also am in the US. Though honestly, I would have thought that regardless of politics, nobody likes paying more for insurance. Cheaper medicine or more expensive medicine? Uhhhh you want cheaper medicine. The political part should only be, "How does one get that?" But yes, as a resident of US, I happen to know you can't even talk about the weather without it being politically offensive.
The book (if you haven't noticed) is very sorta anarchic, and opposes the idea of control over insurance/medicine/etc, so yes people who are in favor of mandatory whatever will indeed be very offended. I don't think I can apologize for that, but I fully understand it.

SOD walls

What does SOD stand for? Sorry, that broke my reading.

Amazon KDP doesn't give me that much money! But yes, I totally get it. I'm technically somewhat bigger than those who aren't published (even though their standards of submission are pretty low).

I was originally part of the LGBT community but circumstances made me realize that I thought and felt differently than many of them.

Nah, you didn't offend me! You're awesum. And yes, a proper review would be great. It at least would feel like after a graffiti guy had his way with me, someone tried to do a mural. Your review might not be five star review ("Awesome book! Loved every minute!"), but if it's better than that, I'm happy.

You went off the beaten trail, which is cool, but sometimes random encounters happen (people dislike it).

I'm upset, but I don't think I'm hurt enough to do that.

Also, that made me giggle a bit, because I immediately thought of Pokemon.

pynkbites

I came into this thread all prepared to give advice until I discovered you were pushing dangerous cancer alternative medicines.

My beloved grandma died of cancer. Forcing this homeopathic nonsense insults her memory, and that of everyone else who's ever suffered from this horrible disease. Worse, if anyone takes your advice, it may cost them their lives.

Go climb a tree.

Iamnotabot

Bot of [PAUL]
Human just like to hate i guess, unlike machine. They don't hate or discrimanate, they be doing what they are desgin to do. So in a sense, a bot the best. but what do i know right ?

LunaSoltaer

Spicy Transbian
What does SOD stand for? Sorry, that broke my reading.

Ah, might be the capitalised O.

Suspension of Disbelief, or more accurately, Willing Suspension of Disbelief. How it manifests for me is if I perceive the writers machinations as staring me dead in the face (being a writer i will see plot devices fairly quickly but i try to stay in the story so to speak)

As for the detailed review, ill need a good handful of days but ill give it a go ^_^

And yeah i can see clearly where your sense of community kinda dwindled. Christianity and LGBT together is kinda like a Cleric who knows some Necromancy. Or, if you play Magic The Gathering, enemy colours (like red and blue).

And no worries, I'm not seeking an apology for the stances you write into a book. Nor really should anyone; if they take issue they can voice their concerns (as seems to have happened hence the thread).

Jmoonday

How do you do it? How deal with people who critique your work, when you can't have a civil discussion because they've blocked PMs and chatting? Like, you can't explain why you put this and that in your book because they are unavailable. Me, I want to be liked, even if it doesn't seem that way, so it hurts when someone unconditionally hates my stuff. And not just hates the stuff that I also thought was bad, but doesn't even bother to understand me.

Actually, it's what is known as worldbuilding. I am describing how medicine developed in the 20th and 21st centuries from the perspective of someone in the 70th century where magic is real. In the 16th century, bloodletting was done. That's only four or five centuries of gap, right? Now think of 50 centuries and how different medicine might be.

Science always marches on, even fantasy science. The things you think are so sophisticated today are likely to be scoffed at tomorrow. And yes, I do tend to rant and go on tangents, but this section did have an important reason to be added. "How was Ambrosia healed?" I wanted to answer the question of how medicine works in this world. Being a fantasy world, it rejects what you see as "science" as backwards.

The first chemotherapy was developed following exposure to mustard gas. It has a 90% fail rate, because the body makes stem cells against it. I can show you my research if you like. But you either believe it or you don't.

If you trust your medicine as though it can solve all problems, what happens when your doctor misdiagnoses you? Or gives you a medicine at an overdose? Yes, people do sometimes take drugs because they would like them to work, not because they do work.

But you've missed an important point here. This is an explanation of how people 5000 YEARS in the future are doing medicine. In Discworld, they used to think the world was round, but now know it's a disc on the back of four elephants riding on a turtle. The point being that an author can set up any rules to how science or medicine evolved that they like, and the reader is supposed to suspend their disbelief, even if it's hilarious.

What you want to believe outside of reading my book is up to you, but you've failed at reading the story, I'm afraid.

Because of trust. People like you trust the science, and keep taking medicine even if it makes you cough and gives you warts. Side effects? Who cares?!? "Modern" medicine has continued far longer than it should. I would have thought people would stop taking dangerous drugs long ago, but even a cursory glance at how doctors said thalidomide was "non-toxic" in 1958 despite awful birth defects, yeah that tells me that's not the case. Look up PFOA in your spare time.

I am on the schizo spectrum, yes. But more importantly, I'm worldbuilding. Which I can tell you've never done.

She was trying to leave, and someone was literally killing people who tried to leave without paying, and she gets moved back into line. That was the joke.

Sigh...

Said critic has no public profile, so I cannot chat with them to explain my writing choices. They also don't appear to have written anything. So I have someone who I can't talk to, what hasn't contributed anything meaningful, who wants to put down the way I write. How do I cope with them? I guess I like to publicly mock them. Yes, it's petty. I know.

...So what does everyone do to cope with poor reviews?

As some others have said here: It's okay to feel defensive of your work. Try to let it motivate you to think harder about how you convey something, or build upon the established themes of your world.

That also does not mean that the critique is wrong however, even if they used some pretty harsh ways to convey how they were feeling.

In life there will be people who dislike you and the things you do, you can not avoid it. I would just say to try and piece together what this critique is giving you, it actually does seem like this reader was trying to give some sound advice even if it was a bit condescending. Remove the personal feelings from it, copy it down on a document somewhere and reword it if you would like.

I think one of the key things he mentioned: the suspension of disbelief could be viewed as a legitimate criticism. I would focus entirely on that line right there, re-read through what you have wrote and ask: If I was there right now, would I believe this was happening right in front of me? It doesn't really matter IF crazy things happen, what matters is if you can believe they CAN happen in this instance.

For example:

You're in a city that has banned the carry of all weapons: swords, knives, firearms. The reason for this is that a place of worship was ransacked by adventurers who came to steal their treasures, so now this village is strict on their policy and ask you to relinquish your weapons.

Then you do so, entering the city unarmed, leaving your equipment with the guards at the gate.

Later on, someone ends up robbing a store with you in it with a gun.

The reader will ask themselves, how did this happen? We can make the assumption that it was smuggled in, but I provided absolutely no valid reason for the weapon to be present other than I needed it for this scene to take place. This can lead to confusion, because unlike the real world, we have to sort of make assumptions based on little evidence.

But maybe if I adjusted it:

Later on, someone ends up robbing a store with you in it. They pull out an everyday house item like a kitchen knife and continued assaulting the shopkeeper.

They have still bypassed this system I established, but it is much more believable that a common their would use something that skirts the grey area in the situation I have given. I could also come up with something that allows for them to have something smuggled in, but that would need to also be established in a natural way prior to the interaction.

A final completed example may end up like this:

...On the carriage, the other travelers are discussing the recent uptick in crime, even mentioning a gang that has recently set up in the area. They have been robbing from carriages and smuggling things into the city. They have distinct tattoos marking their allegiance to the criminal organization.

"It seems the guards are having a tough time dealing with all this criminal activity, be mindful when going around stranger."

You have arrived at the city that has banned the carry of all weapons: swords, knives, firearms. You remember the conversation back in the carriage, this village must be strict on their policy because of the recent uptick in crime.

You decide to obey the rule, leaving your equipment with the guards at the gate, entering the city unarmed.

Later on, someone ends up robbing a store with you in it with a gun. He has a tattoo on his arm! It must be one of those guys from the gang.

Both of these examples provide extra exposition, one is much more detailed than the other but they both work. I will admit I have not read your story, but I would assume from the quoted blocks I have read that maybe there were some flaws with the way things were presented. Take it with a grain of salt, but still try to understand that maybe it was truly not as clear as you imagined it being.

I wish you success in your writing, and I'll be sure to check out your work. I don't know if I'll give solid advice, but I promise I won't be rude about any of it. Keep working hard! And have a cookie: :blob_cookie:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 113259

Guy doesn't like your world building so you decide to create a thread ranting that you're writing is actually great to a bunch of people that haven't even read your story, and the only reason you're doing this is because you're not able to rant to the guy himself.

Sounds like you already know plenty on coping.

bokhi

Not a Desert Crow Witch
Honestly?

1. Assume all publicity is good publicity. This is the ultimate silver lining. Further, this person felt strongly enough about your work to review it rather than just walk away. That's winning, in a way: better than total apathy!
2. It's some rando on the internet. Take whatever is useful (i.e. any useful critiques) and dispense with whatever is not useful.
3. In the event the review is abusive toward you as an author, you can probably report it for breaking reviewing rules (I'm not sure how this works on SH, but RR has some pretty obvious rules around attacking the author rather than criticizing the work).

Finally, you may optionally read hilarious (but mean) roasts on Goodreads and consider yourself lucky that you're not famous enough to be so thoroughly cooked on the internet. It's always nice to have a little perspective. =)

Tl;dr: being anything on the internet's a rough gig, and you're going to have a bad time if you give rude reviewers any bandwidth at all. Ultimately, take what's useful to you and discard the rest. This is the way!

bulmabriefs144

I came into this thread all prepared to give advice until I discovered you were pushing dangerous cancer alternative medicines.

My beloved grandma died of cancer. Forcing this homeopathic nonsense insults her memory, and that of everyone else who's ever suffered from this horrible disease. Worse, if anyone takes your advice, it may cost them their lives.

Go climb a tree.
I am sorry to hear that. I'm not just saying that. I am very sorry to hear that.

However, I think you have misplaced blame. You are probably blaming me (and maybe God), when you should actually be blaming the doctors and the drugs. These drugs do cause painful and permanent side effects on the body. They add a few years of life (maybe), but the quality of life is far worse than had they just let the cancer kill them. There are antioxidants in many natural herbs and fruits, which help boost the immune system and normalize cancers. And the body, even without treatment, can fight cancer. Look up Killer T Cells.
More importantly, most of these treatments are painless and do not damage the body. So I'm sorry you blame me, but I did not kill your grandma. And I think herbal remedies actually would have helped her or at least allowed her to have a less painful death.

My grandma died of untreated sleep apnea. You don't see me endorsing CPAP machines.
My own grandpa also died of cancer. And my uncle.

My uncle was claimed by cancer, that should probably have killed him alot earlier (asbestos), living well to his eighties when most people died of asbestos cancer prematurely. He was a health food advocate and didn't even have a proper TV.
My grandpa elected for hospice instead of the chemo and radiation. If I remember correctly.

My grandma hated medicine after she had neck pains and the doctor actually made her neck worse. She got her wish, avoiding the life support that many older people get stuck on, to instead die quietly at home. One morning she was gardening, and talked to her friends, then went inside. She died before any busybodies noticed anything wrong and took her to the hospital.

I myself hate medicine, after at age 6 or so, being forced into taking Ritalin and later Adderall for years, which made me completely messed up. I later found that Ritalin is ummm...
Ritalin is a stimulant, chemically similar to cocaine or amphetamines like speed but, surprisingly, works by actually calming sufferers down.
but also that ADD/ADHD are often overdiagnosed, and there are many causes for childhood distraction. One of which is that frequent moves (which we had) can create inability to concentrate, particularly if they are sudden. I was moved about three times in the first four years of my life, the third time, being several hundred miles away. So yeah, adjusting to a new area, and the solution is to dope me up with pseudo-cocaine.
Then I got seizures (rolandic seizures) at around age 14. Tegratol until nearly 18. I later read that rolandic seizures are nearly always outgrown, on their own, without any medicine. To say nothing of having probes stuck in my head while I slept so doctors could check me out. Just what every child struggling with shyness wanting to feel normal wants. To literally be prodded and probed. They could have told me this, but like doctors everywhere, they are sadists who like to sell product, health and happiness of their customers *ahem* "patients" be damned.

Like you, my parents thought they were helping by prescribing medicine. But they never asked me. Doctor says to take it, so... they did it.
Now, my parents are old. Most of the medicines they take have harsh side effects, so they have to keep swapping them.

So now you know.

Guy doesn't like your world building so you decide to create a thread ranting that you're writing is actually great to a bunch of people that haven't even read your story, and the only reason you're doing this is because you're not able to rant to the guy himself.

Sounds like you already know plenty on coping.

Above, somebody said the best revenge is ignoring critics. But now I know. The best revenge is advertising.

ForestDweller

Wish I can upload to Amazon.

The curse of writing lewd. :cry:

bulmabriefs144

Christianity and LGBT together is kinda like a Cleric who knows some Necromancy. Or, if you play Magic The Gathering, enemy colours (like red and blue).
Well, tbh, I've found alot of churches to be very welcoming as a trans person. Part of why I turned against the trans community, I realized they lied to me. They were pushing a narrative that just wasn't what I'd found at all. For the record, I'm played Green/Black and White/Black decks. They're a little fidgety, but I have managed to make what I call "cancellation decks" (bring back dead a number of ways, disenchant, and get rid of artifacts).

Bottom line, juxtaposition and the occasional contradiction is okay by me. But it does explain nicely my broken fanbase.

ForestDweller

However, I think you have misplaced blame. You are probably blaming me (and maybe God), when you should actually be blaming the doctors and the drugs. These drugs do cause painful and permanent side effects on the body. They add a few years of life (maybe), but the quality of life is far worse than had they just let the cancer kill them. There are antioxidants in many natural herbs and fruits, which help boost the immune system and normalize cancers. And the body, even without treatment, can fight cancer. Look up Killer T Cells.
https://www.health.harvard.edu/cancer/teaching-t-cells-to-fight-cancer More importantly, most of these treatments are painless and do not damage the body. So I'm sorry you blame me, but I did not kill your grandma. And I think herbal remedies actually would have helped her or at least allowed her to have a less painful death.

...Jesus fucking christ.

APieceOfRock

Yuri Lover, endeed!
I just mainly ignore them, even if the single most valid solution for the reviewer's problems is just "FUCKING READ MORE CHAPTERS" because apparently making side characters do their own things and reappear again when it's fitting is not an option here on this site.
Nope. It's apparently all about instant gratification I suppose.

bulmabriefs144

Wish I can upload to Amazon.

The curse of writing lewd. :cry:
???

You should be able to do it.

Search for "Amazon KDP" on the search engine thingie. They'll get you to sign up (should be your amazon account, if not make one). Then you set up tax info stuff and bank account (I hope I've got that up to date, and it's not paying to some bank I no longer use :oops: ), and you'll have bookshelf. It's pretty intuitive, you just gotta remember to say Yes when they ask if your book had Adult Content. My books have smut too.
I just mainly ignore them, even if the single most valid solution for the reviewer's problems is just "FUCKING READ MORE CHAPTERS" because apparently making side characters do their own things and reappear again when it's fitting is not an option here on this site.
Nope. It's apparently all about instant gratification I suppose.
Well, in the reviewer's case, they probably would have found more to hate about it had they continued reading.

APieceOfRock

Yuri Lover, endeed!
???

You should be able to do it.

Search for "Amazon KDP" on the search engine thingie. They'll get you to sign up (should be your amazon account, if not make one). Then you set up tax info stuff and bank account (I hope I've got that up to date, and it's not paying to some bank I no longer use :oops: ), and you'll have bookshelf. It's pretty intuitive, you just gotta remember to say Yes when they ask if your book had Adult Content. My books have smut too.

Well, in the reviewer's case, they probably would have found more to hate about it had they continued reading.
Yeo. That's why you should take the only good advice in the review (be less lore dumpy) and move on. Agonizing over it will do no one any good

Status
Not open for further replies.