Crystal people or Rough skin

Do I go with crustal people or Rough reptilian type skin people

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

EldritchCoomer

Horny on main
Okay, I've been on the fence about this for a while and I don't want to be too far in it before doing this do I'll just let the good people of smuthub help with this.

I had an idea for currently a major race in my fantasy world that are like super power and oppressive.

I have 2 ways I wish them to look, for them to resemble that of reptilians, with a few key differences, as they absorb a significant amount of solar power.

The second was to just make their body a soft squishy crystal bodies that are always illuminated cause of all the sunlight that they absorb during the day.

This is my dilemma, I have no idea what I want to go with cause I love both.

Last edited:

J_Chemist

Uh, crystals are the furthest from squishy. Do you mean translucent or transparent with colors within their bodies? If so, I can see those kinds of creatures being soft, kind of like jelly or dumplings.

If so, rough skin and more "powerful" looking creatures would be the way to go. If you want to combine them, a crystal-based race (as in, the actual rock-type crystals) that is extremely resilient and stiff would make for a fun enemy to write. Especially if they have magic capabilities.

Corty

Sneaking in, stealing your socks.
What do you mean by...
resemble that of reptilians, with a few key differences, as they absorb a significant amount of power.
Please visit our re-education plants in the coming days. Thank you.

Syringe

Bluetooth 7 Enabled Holy Blade w/ Red Dot Sight
Why not both? Crystal races are awesome. You can have the rough-skinned reptiles be above ground, and the crystal ones can be subterranean, but need sun exposure to recharge their crystal form. Would cool to see a crystal variant of lizards living right under the noses of the normal lizards.

EldritchCoomer

Horny on main
Uh, crystals are the furthest from squishy. Do you mean translucent or transparent with colors within their bodies? If so, I can see those kinds of creatures being soft, kind of like jelly or dumplings.

If so, rough skin and more "powerful" looking creatures would be the way to go. If you want to combine them, a crystal-based race (as in, the actual rock-type crystals) that is extremely resilient and stiff would make for a fun enemy to write. Especially if they have magic capabilities.
Not sure how that combines both characteristics into a single race, if you don't mind could you explain it a little easier, my brain ain't working right right now.

Also I guess you can vision it as jelly, but this is fantasy and I do what I want.

Also these races aren't monster's or enemies, well not exactly, a few of them are gonna be the protagonist or part of the main cast
Crystals are hard though
I realize this, but that's why it's fiction. Reality can be whatever I want
Why not both? Crystal races are awesome. You can have the rough-skinned reptiles be above ground, and the crystal ones can be subterranean, but need sun exposure to recharge their crystal form. Would cool to see a crystal variant of lizards living right under the noses of the normal lizards.
Hm, this is surprisingly tempting, but the way I want to write them are very boastful and arrogant bastards, so them secretly hiding underneath won't make sense, plus I want to work with just one major race in the desert fantasy land.
Rocks are superior, but I agree with the "Why not both" sentiment here. If it can't be both, then always choose rocks over lizards.

Squishy crystals do sound like blasphemy though.
Yeah, it can't be both. Gotta be one or the other, also picture like a jelly like substance that sparkles. To be honest I'm only it this way to make writing sex scenes make sense.

Last edited:

Empyrea

Dense Writer of Lewd
Yeah, it can't be both. Gotta be one or the other, also picture like a jelly like substance that sparkles. To be honest I'm only it this way to make writing sex scenes make sense.
Blasphemy against rocks is fine since it's your story, I'd still pick the crystals. Sparkly jello crystals would make for interesting lewd scenes, and it's different, so it should be fun to read. Good luck with your scenes fellow lewd writer. :blob_salute:

Missivist

human level squishy crystals?
Hmm... Gummy bears. Yes!

They glow inside?
Hmmmm... Gummy care bears. More yes!

Last edited: