Daily Wins Mega Thread

Did you win today?

• Total voters

Rhaps

Xenophobia Incarnate
Sold the earbuds I randomly picked up, got some quick cash.

doravg

105/4001 (too lazy to count the stories again.)
I have one reader over at AO3 who leaves me a comment after every chapter.

:blobtaco: :blobtaco: :blobtaco: :blobtaco: :blobtaco: :blobtaco: :blob_cookie:

doravg

I think I've gotten 9 chapters done (18,500 or so words) in past week.

Still no comments though. :(
Oh, my commenter deemed me worthy of dropping a line because I wrote I had a burnout. Which was true at the time, but I only started posting this story, which I shelved actually because I had no backlog, and it was complete.

Can you imagine it? You get close to no sales for a story on Amazon, and you think: well, it's just word vomit. But then someone takes the time to commend for this story. Not just: Thank you for writing. Or: Thank you for the chapter. But specific things for the story. Heck, the commenter even asked me about the side pairing. Gave me a heart. And I am here like:

Thank you, dear stranger, who I will probably never meet. Even if you are my only reader, I will still post the next chapter. Just for you. Until the end of the story.

:giggle:

doravg

I couldn't hold myself back, and I posted a chapter ahead of schedule. And you know what? My subscriber checked it right out! (Just one subscriber, but :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :blob_reach::blob_cookie:)

Erios909

ShipCore finally released on amazon. Managed to make it to #797 Audible, and #1737 book rankings on release day, before they started to settle towards the low #2000s!

melchi

What is a custom title?
ShipCore finally released on amazon. Managed to make it to #797 Audible, and #1737 book rankings on release day, before they started to settle towards the low #2000s!
Yay congrats! I was reading Maid to Kill and one of the chapters had a shoutout to shipcore.

doravg

OMG that is awesome! Have a high five! :blob_highfive:

Obsoleteness

I was going to do a minor edit to today's chapter and noticed I had forgot to schedule it. I would count that as a win :sweating_profusely:

Jemini

I just had my 4 year old nephew bring me Fox in Socks to read to him. I had no idea what that book was or that it was basically one of Dr. Sues' longest books, and 5/6 of it was full of nothing but really difficult tongue twisters upon tongue twisters, but I managed to read the whole thing in a manner that was entertaining without too many slip-ups to the mess of a read that it was.

doravg

I updated my CV!

I needed the update because my German was a stable B2 back when I made the CV right after I lost my job. But now my reading and listening is C1, and my speaking is also a low C1.

On Monday, I will resume my job hunting with the new CV. It is just that when you apply for something during the weekend, they rarely call you back. I had more calls when I did an early morning application on a weekday.

Man, I miss being around people so much. The small conversations over a cup of tea or coffee in the morning when we did our debriefing. Or how we got together to celebrate birthdays. It is funny because my colleagues kept on telling me to stop writing, and I was really peeved at them, but now I even miss that.

I can't show my face back in the office because I feel like a big failure. But, maybe if the new CV helps me get a job, I can make some cheese bread, and pay them a visit. You know, just to say goodbye, and thank you for the good two years.

=)

Happy writing, everyone!

Obsoleteness

I was going to edit a 1600 word chapter and add a little more meat on it. I rewrote the first 500 words into 2200 so now I have to slash the chapter into 2 since I still have more to add for the other 1100. Spawned a chapter out of nowhere and pushed my total words above 100k :blobtaco:

Keene

Squat Enjoyer and Programmer
Today marks the 32nd day of me getting up at 4am and going to the gym before work. Been strict with my bedtime at 7pmish every day also.

My old PB of the daily gym grind was 14 days so I'm happy to have smashed it. Aiming for 100 days now!