Daily Wins Mega Thread

Did you win today?

• Total voters

doravg

134/4001 (finally counted the stories)
Thank you! I am doing a ten-day challenge now, and this win really did wonders for my mood. I even rolled a d100, so, I am aiming for 82k in this project.

doravg

Today I decided to stop at 6k words, and to have a cycling party!

doravg

Today I decided to try out the fitness watch I got for New Year, and did some walking workouts, and it was just awesome! So much better than the fitness bike.

Now that I think about it, I can't really remember why I took up cycling instead of the workouts.

Anyway, these 35 minutes worked me up a sweat, and I feel warm and light!

doravg

I just finished editing the book I finished yesterday! One thing is for certain. I will not leave off the editing for after it is finished anymore!

Happy writing, everyone!

LuoirM

Voidiris' enthusiast feet enjoyer.
I photocopied my daughter and husbando and put them in my wallet
Extra Messenger story translated:
"When I came to the photocopy shop it was empty."
"But when the owner was editing the image there was like 3 girls who came in and watched."
"Why the fuck is my husband so NSFW"
"Fuck"
"That damn whore."

Context: The dude on the right with nun outfit is my friend's OC whom I loved and adored, so he's official my husbando, male btw, and the left is my daughter... She's my OC, but in the roleplaying community in Vietnam as far as my knowledge goes; we called our OC sons and daughters.

1709553248582.png
1709553304104.png

This is such a big W for me because of many reasons, me getting a wallet with my own money, me printing them with my own intentions... I am my own person, I have my own love ones... etc...

doravg

I passed a job interview (the first one) and they sent me a test, which I filled out with minimum panic attacks! (just because I took my pills at noon because I am a ball of nerves now, and just want to write until I stop being so jittery.)

Also, someone binged one of my novels, and my current project is going along nicely!

doravg

The interview I thought I bombed yesterday gave me another chance to prove my language skills! And today I had an interview in German, and I didn't even stutter! I didn't have to think about the grammar, the words just came to me!

Happy writing, everyone! (Also, I wrote 5k words today!)

Obsoleteness

Actually satisfied with the chapter I scheduled for today. Now to go to sleep so I don't spend the next 3 hours until it goes live obsessively edit it over and over again. :sweating_profusely:

doravg

I wrote 8k words today! Also had time to do my Sunday DeviantArt post. Posted a new story on AO3... got a loss too, but what can I do? It was simply not meant to be.

Bobple

Well not exactly today, but past week~ish. Reached 50 chapters for my story, and have maintained three chapters across my stories total a week for a little over a month now, so that's good.

doravg

I did ok today during the interview. Also, got another invite for an interview!

If it doesn't work after these two, I will be taking a German course online.

But I will not give up! I am so close to getting a job, I can feel it!
I GOT A JOB!

I will need to move to the capitol, but I must repeat:

I GOT A JOB!

And it is with German! Well, English too, but mostly German!

I am starting on the first of April. (And yes, I did ask if it was a joke. But it is not! They sent me a declaration, and will soon send me my worker's details!)

I won't starve! I won't stay in my childhood room for the rest of my life! Heck, I will even be paid enough, to be able to support my parents if they need it!

And yes: I will write 4001 stories! (Because I will have enough money to support my writing addiction!)

Last edited:

doravg

I got an email with all the documents I need to gather up for the job! It is happening!

What is more, my therapist is going to forward me to a therapist in Sofia, who will keep prescribing me the pills, which keep me calm and sane!

I was so not looking forward to a return of the panic attacks and the constant crying.

Last edited:

crbrearley

Well, I feel a little dirty but since I can't afford a book cover I played with AI and got somewhat acceptable book covers. Apparently Canva is broken for me in Firefox and, oh boy, did that cause me no end of problems (you could not double click so the text bubbles would follow you round until the at some point Canvas randomly let me do what I wanted). I opened it in Chrome and suddenly it was as easy as the website claimed. Still, two book covers that feature characters that look somewhat like the people in my book. It's a win for me, I guess. Maybe it's also a loss since it's AI...

doravg

Well, I feel a little dirty but since I can't afford a book cover I played with AI and got somewhat acceptable book covers. Apparently Canva is broken for me in Firefox and, oh boy, did that cause me no end of problems (you could not double click so the text bubbles would follow you round until the at some point Canvas randomly let me do what I wanted). I opened it in Chrome and suddenly it was as easy as the website claimed. Still, two book covers that feature characters that look somewhat like the people in my book. It's a win for me, I guess. Maybe it's also a loss since it's AI...
I have used AI and canva for all of my covers. With a bit of twiking, you can get something nice. There is nothing wrong with saving some money.