Deadworld Isekai

TotallyHuman

I'd like to recommend this gem. It is a very unique survival fantasy, I haven't read any other isekai quite like it.

TheEldritchGod

A Cloud Of Pure Spite And Eyes
Do they have a very complete LitRPG system that is abused and used in very creative ways...
or is it a list of stats for a system that we never understand the rules to, except the numbers keep getting bigger and he gets Gatcha coins to give him random silly powers so basically it's just an excuse to make a "character sheet" so it's easier for the reader to keep track of the MCs amazing power suite?

Basically, could I, myself, make a character?

TotallyHuman

Do they have a very complete LitRPG system that is abused and used in very creative ways...
or is it a list of stats for a system that we never understand the rules to, except the numbers keep getting bigger and he gets Gatcha coins to give him random silly powers so basically it's just an excuse to make a "character sheet" so it's easier for the reader to keep track of the MCs amazing power suite?

Basically, could I, myself, make a character?
Honestly, at this point I am not sure it is either. It's not a progression, but a survival litrpg, so there's very little in terms of abusing the litrpg system, and more like the other way around.

NotaNuffian

This does spark joy.
I hate to love it.

The synopsis and first chapter got me interested.

Ps ok dropped. Chp 9 and yes, this is a solo act.

Last edited:

NotaNuffian

This does spark joy.
not exactly. There is the guardian, but it's like a ghost than a real person
Well, all I see is a snarky system and really dislike those types.

Even though I was dumb enough to try write one.

TheEldritchGod

A Cloud Of Pure Spite And Eyes
Honestly, at this point I am not sure it is either. It's not a progression, but a survival litrpg, so there's very little in terms of abusing the litrpg system, and more like the other way around.
Ah. Ya see, I have a personal belief that the point of a LitRPG is the System and how the MC takes advantage of it. If all that happens is he gets bigger numbers and never exploits the system in ways the creators intended, then what's the point? All you are doing is showing off behind the curtain.

For example:

Mike realized that the trap paralyzed him and that he couldn't move, however, nothing stopped him from using his handy haversack. He thought about the contents of his bag and choose to "take out" an item and instantly equip it.

A pair of stilts.

Abruptly he snapped to an upright position.

His paralyzed companion blinked. Illunanna managed to croak out, "How?"

He glanced over, "Stilts are three point oh and never got an update. I've got enough balance skill to take the auto to use them. Stilts give you a base movement of twenty, PERIOD." He started to walk across the room towards the trap they triggered, "No movement, a thousand movement, doesn't matter. Put on stilts and you move twenty feet a round." He paused at the crystal and wobbled for a bit, "And oddly enough, when you fail the balance check, it causes damage to you AND whatever you hit. So while I assume this thing might be immune to every form of damage, ironically, unless yer a monk, there is no protection from FALLING DAMAGE."

Mike suddenly pitched forward and crashed his head into the crystal that was paralyzing the party.

The crystal shattered on impact.

THAT is what I want to see in a LitRPG.

SailusGebel

you don't like Litrpg? huh well, i can understand. It's a genre that has a lot of hiccups because of number stacking etc
I'm neutral. I've reacted like that because it's yet another LitRPG from RR.