Describing cuteness

sanitylimited

I agree. Even staplers can be cute nowadays.
this sounds like a conspiricy.

make sure to remove the ammo before lewding anything my fellow perverts....actually it might be more exciting not to.....no wonder the bible says lust is a sin, its extremly dangerous

Viator

Wandering Moon that conceals the tide
Cute. The appreciation of the infinitesimal details within the appearance of innocence; of whom time is an enemy whose aim is it's fast ruination, in Time's attempt to ferment innocence into the bitter wine of wisdom.

Last edited:

MintiLime

Unofficial Class President, Author
There are so many analogies for cuteness, and yet none come to mind.
I have so many obscenely overdone descriptors for cuteness rattling around my head, but none that actually will bring something other than an eyeroll to my readers. I don't want the features to just...
Stand on their own. For example, feline features aren't enough (yes... catgirls are not enough for me). Being small isn't enough. Big eyes, sparkling eyes, kawaii, overdone manners of speaking (~oni-chaaan~), cherubic looks (if you can give me a unique spin on this though, I will gladly take it!!!), etc. None of these are enough.
I have plenty of parody elements for cuteness. That isn't something I'm struggling with. Here's an example of a scene I wrote that makes me feel free/satisfaction/relief:
"Ohhhhhh maaan! These bums are still kickin'! Halle-fuckin'-lujah! Praise be!" I shout to the brilliant blue skies, throwing my hands up with unadulterated joy. Maybe I could just wave my hands in the free cyan skies and?...

Come away with whimsical, airy blue paint on my fingers? The euphoria of making of making a skill...

It feels like feathers curling up within my chest, growing out of my mouth in a white explosion of downy feathers. Such was the power of the relief contained within my exultation.
If I could have something that captures cuteness in a similar way, using your own characters, that would be great! If I could have something to compare the feeling of seeing something cute, with a unique spin on it... something like that!

Champagne and soda pop fizz bubble up from my stomach and out of my mouth in giggles I thought myself incapable of creating. The sun seems to have taken shelter in my heart, spreading its warmth throughout my chest each time the beautiful life form glances my way.

The adorable creature flicks out a perfectly pink tongue in my direction. Gah! I fall to my knees, softly of course, for I do not wish to startle the darling of my life.

“So cute” I whisper in a voice that sounds sweet even to me. No wonder, for the sight before me makes candy floss melt on my tongue and honey coat my throat.

I smile gently, with all the love and warmth my bleeding heart can offer. I reach out a hand timidly and slowly, breath abated.

The being licks an eyeball, unimpressed.

The anguish of my being is banished to the back of my mind as my entire self is doused in the holy water of cuteness. This creature before knows nothing of the blood on my hands, the fury swallowed into my stomach, the acidic pain that eats away at my soul.

And yet, I feel that it is the only salve that I need.
Champagne and soda pop fizz bubble up from my stomach and out of my mouth in giggles I thought myself incapable of creating. The sun seems to have taken shelter in my heart, spreading its warmth throughout my chest each time the beautiful life form glances my way.

The adorable creature flicks out a perfectly pink tongue in my direction. Gah! I fall to my knees, softly of course, for I do not wish to startle the darling of my life.

“So cute” I whisper in a voice that sounds sweet even to me. No wonder, for the sight before me makes candy floss melt on my tongue and honey coat my throat.

I smile gently, with all the love and warmth my bleeding heart can offer. I reach out a hand timidly and slowly, breath abated.

The anguish of my being is banished to the back of my mind as my entire self is doused in the holy water of cuteness. This creature before knows nothing of the blood on my hands, the fury swallowed into my stomach, the acidic pain that eats away at my soul.

Silnarion meets lizard, certified colorized 1962
There are so many analogies for cuteness, and yet none come to mind.
I have so many obscenely overdone descriptors for cuteness rattling around my head, but none that actually will bring something other than an eyeroll to my readers. I don't want the features to just...
Stand on their own. For example, feline features aren't enough (yes... catgirls are not enough for me). Being small isn't enough. Big eyes, sparkling eyes, kawaii, overdone manners of speaking (~oni-chaaan~), cherubic looks (if you can give me a unique spin on this though, I will gladly take it!!!), etc. None of these are enough.
I have plenty of parody elements for cuteness. That isn't something I'm struggling with. Here's an example of a scene I wrote that makes me feel free/satisfaction/relief:
"Ohhhhhh maaan! These bums are still kickin'! Halle-fuckin'-lujah! Praise be!" I shout to the brilliant blue skies, throwing my hands up with unadulterated joy. Maybe I could just wave my hands in the free cyan skies and?...

Come away with whimsical, airy blue paint on my fingers? The euphoria of making of making a skill...

It feels like feathers curling up within my chest, growing out of my mouth in a white explosion of downy feathers. Such was the power of the relief contained within my exultation.
If I could have something that captures cuteness in a similar way, using your own characters, that would be great! If I could have something to compare the feeling of seeing something cute, with a unique spin on it... something like that!

Alternative:

It’s so little and small that Magpie cannot help but wish to play with it. His talons reach out unconsciously, grasping and clenching as if possessing a biological urge to squeeze the poor pathetic creature. He feels the need to take it, wring it in his hands, squish it until it pops and splatters like overripe fruit. He wishes to mash it into himself for no other being to see.

If just a glance could do this much, what would sole possession, consumption in unadulterated glory, feel like? Would it have the thrill of caging an angel? The satisfaction of wringing an enemies neck?

Saliva builds in his mouth from his cuteness. He licks his lips. Perhaps he ought to just eat it, consume the sticky sweetness. Then, he can always be in possession of the little darling. A growl builds at the back of his throat, obsession glittering his eyes.

The onlookers feel compelled to step away from this obvious madman.

Silnarion, feeling the heated gaze, blocks Magpie’s view of the little lizard.

“Get out of my way, you overconfident figurehead,” Magpie snarls out. His usual avian appearance is replaced by something more sinister, the visage of a twisted evil devil.

Silnarion’s eyes blank as a silver mirror, reflect back the hideous form. A sense of protectiveness grows within them, steeling their heart and granting a divine authority to their words: “No. I will not let you harm another creature.”

“You didn’t seem to care before! I can chop up as many humans as I like and it’s fine, but one knock off dragon and suddenly your the perfect picture of love and grace?”

Flames of fierce rage lick Silnarion’s cheeks, dying them a sunset red. “This creature did not wrong, has no faults. Ones such as us do not even deserve to touch a single scale. Back off, you Vulture, Scavenger of Death! Go steal a rotten carrion from the ditches of the execution stage like the maggot you are.”

Last edited:

TotallyHuman

RAR! Well, Hellooooooooooooo, You Sexy Occularly Supernumerary Neophyte!
*wolf whistle*
Anyone got its number?
And by number, I mean "Enochian Number Square" used for summoning and binding.
(You can skip the binding part. I'm not looking for a committed relationship.)
but it has a skeleton on the inside!

TheMonotonePuppet

A Writer With Enthusiasm & A Jester of Christmas!

Silnarion meets lizard, certified colorized 1962

Alternative:

It’s so little and small that Magpie cannot help but wish to play with it. His talons reach out unconsciously, grasping and clenching as if possessing a biological urge to squeeze the poor pathetic creature. He feels the need to take it, wring it in his hands, squish it until it pops and splatters like overripe fruit. He wishes to mash it into himself for no other being to see.

If just a glance could do this much, what would sole possession, consumption in unadulterated glory, feel like? Would it have the thrill of caging an angel? The satisfaction of wringing an enemies neck?

Saliva builds in his mouth from his cuteness. He licks his lips. Perhaps he ought to just eat it, consume the sticky sweetness. Then, he can always be in possession of the little darling. A growl builds at the back of his throat, obsession glittering his eyes.

The onlookers feel compelled to step away from this obvious madman.

Silnarion, feeling the heated gaze, blocks Magpie’s view of the little lizard.

“Get out of my way, you overconfident figurehead,” Magpie snarls out. His usual avian appearance is replaced by something more sinister, the visage of a twisted evil devil.

Silnarion’s eyes blank as a silver mirror, reflect back the hideous form. A sense of protectiveness grows within them, steeling their heart and granting a divine authority to their words: “No. I will not let you harm another creature.”

“You didn’t seem to care before! I can chop up as many humans as I like and it’s fine, but one knock off dragon and suddenly your the perfect picture of love and grace?”

Flames of fierce rage lick Silnarion’s cheeks, dying them a sunset red. “This creature did not wrong, has no faults. Ones such as us do not even deserve to touch a single scale. Back off, you Vulture, Scavenger of Death! Go steal a rotten carrion from the ditches of the execution stage like the maggot you are.”
YES!!! This is exactly what I am hoping for!!! WHOOO!!! Thank you MintiLime! Cuteness galore described in such an original way! I LOOOVE IT!!! Thank you, thank you! It's perfect!!
Is it? The more you learn. I usually stay away from that kind, they get smite-happy around me.
The preparation of a threesome between @TenderHuman and @TheEldritchGod , along with the angel perhaps?

MintiLime

Unofficial Class President, Author
YES!!! This is exactly what I am hoping for!!! WHOOO!!! Thank you MintiLime! Cuteness galore described in such an original way! I LOOOVE IT!!! Thank you, thank you! It's perfect!!
You’re welcome! Glad you liked it! I felt like your prompt wanted to capture the feeling of cuteness rather than a physical description of it.

I think that cuteness amplifies the character’s reactions to “purity” and “innocence”

DaoistDumbledore

Biblically Accurate Angels Would Actually Be Pretty Scary

I went for the biblically accurate Cherub. It's cute, doesn't it?
Why did an owl come to mind after I saw this??!

TheMonotonePuppet

A Writer With Enthusiasm & A Jester of Christmas!
You’re welcome! Glad you liked it! I felt like your prompt wanted to capture the feeling of cuteness rather than a physical description of it.

I think that cuteness amplifies the character’s reactions to “purity” and “innocence”
I really, really did!!! You hit it straight on the nose!!!