Describing cuteness

TheMonotonePuppet

A Writer With Enthusiasm & A Jester of Christmas!
There are so many analogies for cuteness, and yet none come to mind.
I have so many obscenely overdone descriptors for cuteness rattling around my head, but none that actually will bring something other than an eyeroll to my readers. I don't want the features to just...
Stand on their own. For example, feline features aren't enough (yes... catgirls are not enough for me). Being small isn't enough. Big eyes, sparkling eyes, kawaii, overdone manners of speaking (~oni-chaaan~), cherubic looks (if you can give me a unique spin on this though, I will gladly take it!!!), etc. None of these are enough.
I have plenty of parody elements for cuteness. That isn't something I'm struggling with. Here's an example of a scene I wrote that makes me feel free/satisfaction/relief:
"Ohhhhhh maaan! These bums are still kickin'! Halle-fuckin'-lujah! Praise be!" I shout to the brilliant blue skies, throwing my hands up with unadulterated joy. Maybe I could just wave my hands in the free cyan skies and?...

Come away with whimsical, airy blue paint on my fingers? The euphoria of making of making a skill...

It feels like feathers curling up within my chest, growing out of my mouth in a white explosion of downy feathers. Such was the power of the relief contained within my exultation.
If I could have something that captures cuteness in a similar way, using your own characters, that would be great! If I could have something to compare the feeling of seeing something cute, with a unique spin on it... something like that!

Rhaps

Master of Nightmare
cherubic looks
Biblically Accurate Angels Would Actually Be Pretty Scary

I went for the biblically accurate Cherub. It's cute, doesn't it?

TheMonotonePuppet

Definitely adorable!!!
Not quiiiite what I'm thinking about. LMAO! Unfortunately, I desire the more classical sense of cuteness (the ones the general reader public will agree with).
Certainly laughing at that though! AHAHAHAHA!!

TheEldritchGod

A Cloud Of Pure Spite And Eyes

RAR! Well, Hellooooooooooooo, You Sexy Occularly Supernumerary Neophyte!
*wolf whistle*
Anyone got its number?
And by number, I mean "Enochian Number Square" used for summoning and binding.
(You can skip the binding part. I'm not looking for a committed relationship.)

Sleds

I'm looking for Disney Sleds
There are so many analogies for cuteness, and yet none come to mind.
I have so many obscenely overdone descriptors for cuteness rattling around my head, but none that actually will bring something other than an eyeroll to my readers. I don't want the features to just...
Stand on their own. For example, feline features aren't enough (yes... catgirls are not enough for me). Being small isn't enough. Big eyes, sparkling eyes, kawaii, overdone manners of speaking (~oni-chaaan~), cherubic looks (if you can give me a unique spin on this though, I will gladly take it!!!), etc. None of these are enough.
I have plenty of parody elements for cuteness. That isn't something I'm struggling with. Here's an example of a scene I wrote that makes me feel free/satisfaction/relief:
"Ohhhhhh maaan! These bums are still kickin'! Halle-fuckin'-lujah! Praise be!" I shout to the brilliant blue skies, throwing my hands up with unadulterated joy. Maybe I could just wave my hands in the free cyan skies and?...

Come away with whimsical, airy blue paint on my fingers? The euphoria of making of making a skill...

It feels like feathers curling up within my chest, growing out of my mouth in a white explosion of downy feathers. Such was the power of the relief contained within my exultation.
If I could have something that captures cuteness in a similar way, using your own characters, that would be great! If I could have something to compare the feeling of seeing something cute, with a unique spin on it... something like that!
It's kinda hard cause we all have different point of view of what can be "cute", but I think it's more a behavior, while surely the clothes and hairstyle can help in that sense, it's more how she/he behaves in everyday life or at a specific time.
What I will said may be cliché, bu for exemple a woman making a dish for the guy she love and when she serve it to him, he can see cut on her hand but her eyes was shining with expectation, the guy will find her cute, even more if that not her everyday behavior.

TheMonotonePuppet

It's kinda hard cause we all have different point of view of what can be "cute", but I think it's more a behavior, while surely the clothes and hairstyle can help in that sense, it's more how she/he behaves in everyday life or at a specific time.
What I will said may be cliché, bu for exemple a woman making a dish for the guy she love and when she serve it to him, he can see cut on her hand but her eyes was shining with expectation, the guy will find her cute, even more if that not her everyday behavior.
I do get that. But what could you compare these too? What could you compare these cute actions, behaviors, clothes, hairstyles, etc. to that would be unique and have not been used to death for everything.

Sleds

I do get that. But what could you compare these too? What could you compare these cute actions, behaviors, clothes, hairstyles, etc. to that would be unique and have not been used to death for everything.
Do you really think with how much japan novel out there, you will find a way to show cuteness who where never used to death at this point?
There also too much of interaction where you can think something is cute to point all of them but a lot who came to my mind are cliché already used, like the strong woman who never show a lot of emotion got all red or show her emotion when a guy give her a stuffed animal

sanitylimited

how many nations can her cutness topple? once in a century? once in a milenia? her cuteness rivals cuties 3 realms above her? how many older brothers has she sent bankrupt trying to keep her happy?

HelloHound

Hound of hell, lover of girls
sybil in her cutest possible form that I can think of right now is shortly after she settles down in [REDACTED] and takes over the local [REDACTED] and has to pretend to be a [REDACTED],
she's cleaned up and her unwieldy mane of hair has been tamed by careful grooming and application of hair treatment, leaving it fluffy and light. Her golden-yellow eyes have the lightest dusting of freckles thanks to her time in the sun, she's often in slightly oversized and baggy clothing and her "throne" to signify her rank is a large pillow encased lounging chair that engulfs the chubby and short child as she tries to act serious during business deals. Her blank look has been carefully coached into a light smugness that's reminiscent of a cat.
I dunno if I conveyed her cuteness properly but she has good consistent food and a safe place to rest alongside a vigorous support group (that she technically piggybacked onto) so this is the healthiest and most relaxed she'll be in a while.

Sleds

You can describe it in different way.

By the appearance, features like soft, round eyes, tiny hands, chubby cheeks, or a sweet smile, the gentle sound of their laughter, or the warmth of their hug.

Highlight the innocence of the character or creature by depicting their actions or expressions as pure and unspoiled by the world's complexities.
Show their genuine curiosity, wonder, or trust in others.

Cuteness often comes from a sense of vulnerability or dependence. Showcase moments where the character or creature needs help or protection.
Highlight their need for care, whether it's a depressed guy on the verge of sucide or a woman who are hated by other people due to her prestence, she wouldn't let anything show in front of other but she can show it when she a special character or let that said character see it when he run into her in a closed room or an empty area and see her cry or something else.

You can use playfulness and joy like a child giggling, a puppy chasing its tail, or character engaging in innocent, lighthearted activities, use dialogue and actions that conver a sense of play.

Encourage readers to empathize with the cute subject by describing their struggles, fears, or desires.
Show how other characters respond to their cuteness, whether through protective instincts or affection.

Place the cute subject in a contrasting environment or situation. For example, a small, adorable creature in a harsh, challenging world can accentuate its cuteness.

Allow cuteness to contribute to character development. Show how interactions with the cute character or creature impact the growth of other characters or the overall story.

Like I said before, cuteness is subjective, and what one person finds cute, another may not.

Alfir

The Inventor of Words
I agree. Even staplers can be cute nowadays.