Did you sign a copyright of your novels?

D

Deleted member 54065

Well, did you? Why? How?

Thanks in advance~ 🙏🏻
I did obtain a copyright for one of my works before.

Our requirements:

1). Two copies of the work with the phrase 'Philippine Copyright 20XX by Hans Trondheim' printed visibly.
2). Pay Php200 fee on the National Library cashier.
3). Get your payment stub.
4). Wait to get your certificate on the day indicated in the stub.

Yes, obtaining Philippine copyrights is an easy-peasy process.

ScarletWeeb

Technically, in most countries, the moment you produce something, you have the copyright to that thing. It's yours, no on can copy it without permission.

Proving that you have that copyright is a lot more complex.
No, as you don't need too, you have that OG copy on your Google doc and have already uploaded it here, so if someone copies your work, you can easily prove it in court that the "copyright" is yours.

RavensDagger

No, as you don't need too, you have that OG copy on your Google doc and have already uploaded it here, so if someone copies your work, you can easily prove it in court that the "copyright" is yours.

Yes... but also, if someone asks you for proof, right now, that you have the copyright, that kind of evidence isn't super easy to provide. Once you start self-publishing on places like Amazon, you'll run into all sort of issues proving that you're the copyright holder. It's annoying.

CubicleHermit

US registration process is pretty similar to what @Hans.Trondheim mentioned for the Philippines, just a lot more expensive:

I have not gone through the process, but as I understand it, it's pretty simple and all-electronic now.

CarburetorThompson

Fuel Atomization Enjoyer
I’m not currently copyrighting anything. My current project is actually tracking down the copyright for a non fiction book my grandfather published in the 90s. My plan is to dump the scans on internet archive if I can.