Discarded story ideas

Sylver

Look, we've all been there, you come up with something that sounds good on paper but on second thought was a terrible idea. This one is with regards to specific story ideas. What stories did you come up that sounds good on paper, but later got discarded because you realize its a terrible idea?

Mine was a fanfic of Highschool DxD, adding a self insert character, but after a hard thinking, yeah it's cringe and I immediately thought better of it and deleted it from my brain banks.
I don't have many discarded stories, just unfinished drafts.

One explores the concept of life through the perspective of a Living Doll woman, a being sustained by magic who struggles to understand human concepts like emotions and sarcasm.

Oh oh Envy might like this one! (Though she never asked about it but ehhh) It's a story draft about the Bloody Mary, an ancient Vampire living in a Monster Girl world in a time where Vampires are thought to be extinct. She along with her daughters are the last remaining Vampires, and this story concept focuses on her attempt to restore the Vampire population as well as their domination over the world just as Vampires had centuries ago! That's likely to be my 3rd book for MGC!

Pixytokisaki14

Suffering in Final period
I don't have many discarded stories, just unfinished drafts.

One explores the concept of life through the perspective of a Living Doll woman, a being sustained by magic who struggles to understand human concepts like emotions and sarcasm.

Oh oh Envy might like this one! (Though she never asked about it but ehhh) It's a story draft about the Bloody Mary, an ancient Vampire living in a Monster Girl world in a time where Vampires are thought to be extinct. She along with her daughters are the last remaining Vampires, and this story concept focuses on her attempt to restore the Vampire population as well as their domination over the world just as Vampires had centuries ago! That's likely to be my 3rd book for MGC!
This sounds so goood!! :blobsip:

Sylver

The second one :blob_reach:
Oh! Thank you! Envy sounds like she's a fan of Vampires so I was curious to know what she would think of that story concept. It's the draft for my third Monster Girl Chronicles book, but it will likely be the heaviest book from the three because I've so much to explore and plenty of characters to dive into! And of course, Bloody Mary herself is a favorite of mine. I'd be happy to share some details, but I'll need to restrain myself from sharing too much in case of spoilers haha x)

Pixytokisaki14

Oh! Thank you! Envy sounds like she's a fan of Vampires so I was curious to know what she would think of that story concept. It's the draft for my third Monster Girl Chronicles book, but it will likely be the heaviest book from the three because I've so much to explore and plenty of characters to dive into! And of course, Bloody Mary herself is a favorite of mine. I'd be happy to share some details, but I'll need to restrain myself from sharing too much in case of spoilers haha x)
Maybe it's time you revisit that idea because it does really sound amazing 🤩

Pixytokisaki14

Daaaw you're too kind miss 😊
Is it miss? Misses? Or mister?
Hueheheh you decide :blob_evil:
@RepresentingEnvy vampire story 4 u

Sylver

Hueheheh you decide :blob_evil:
Aw I could never x)
Well thank you so much, you've been really sweet and kind about my ideas <3 I'm on my phone right so I can't see your story content but I'd love to know what stories you're writing? :D

Pixytokisaki14

Aw I could never x)
Well thank you so much, you've been really sweet and kind about my ideas <3 I'm on my phone right so I can't see your story content but I'd love to know what stories you're writing? :D
That story has been on hiatus for a couple of months now since real life kicked in :blob_no:

Sylver

That story has been on hiatus for a couple of months now since real life kicked in :blob_no:
Shoot, I know how that feels. I hope real life isn't being too cruel, is it? I don't mean to pry, we're all living in the same blue planet on survival mode after all.

Don't be upset about keeping your story on hold. It happens and I'm sure the right moment to share it will present itself. And if not, you can always make that moment happen in the future :)

melchi

What is a custom title?
I had this idea for an isekai where a whole factory gets sent to another world. The people all get turned into fantasy creatures and the factory gets classified as a dungeon.

The main character would be an engineer that has to sort a bunch of broken stuff and transformed stuff to adapt to a magic world.

I had this story about Russian mafia that I wrote some time ago. Abandoned it because I didn't have time to research the gangs, their history and all kinds of different stuff.

Now I have time, but I forgor what exactly I wanted to write. :meowsip:

CipherSage

Let's be honest, it happened to me so many times. A brilliant idea came to me and I would write about it only for me to get bored with it and lose that enthusiasm. It's so annoying.

seahorsepink1

Look, we've all been there, you come up with something that sounds good on paper but on second thought was a terrible idea. This one is with regards to specific story ideas. What stories did you come up that sounds good on paper, but later got discarded because you realize its a terrible idea?

Mine was a fanfic of Highschool DxD, adding a self insert character, but after a hard thinking, yeah it's cringe and I immediately thought better of it and deleted it from my brain banks.
utopia masked dystopian story where the way society acts is extremely exaggerated. there was no plan for it so I dropped it, though thee backstories and prologues were interesting. basically a slice of life but more sci-fi.