Do you actually enjoy your writing?

SakeVision

Sama/kisama
No, I usually dislike the result. Or rather, first I like it, then the more time passes, the more I dislike it.

This applies only to my non-smut tho. I love my smut. You will not read it on sh tho.

I do! But only because it used to suck soooooo much more than now, and I spent a whole year living and breathing improvement techniques.

So now, whenever I see parts I don't like, I can step back and say, 'well, that part sucks; so how can we make it un-suck'. And it becomes a fun challenge / technique application, rather than a depressing moment.

SerikoLee

Chaos Realm Creator/ Chaos God
When I started out I use to enjoy writing but right now, I prefer discussing and putting out ideas that I and the fanbase have talked about.

ArkKitty

When I write, I imagined them to happen in my mind. As if they are real and that makes me incredibly happy. Even when I re-read them, some made me cringe, some made me laugh. Those moments made me want to write more <3. I enjoy my writing.

Jemini

As in the title, do you actually enjoy what you write? not the process itself but the result. Do you read something that you have written before, and smile? or do you just pull your hair from cringing too hard? Do you get the chance to enjoy reading your previous work? or do you just get into cruel editor mode?

I am very much the "cruel editor mode" kind of person. There is absolutely no doubt, I am my own biggest critic.

JayDirex

As in the title, do you actually enjoy what you write? not the process itself but the result. Do you read something that you have written before, and smile? or do you just pull your hair from cringing too hard? Do you get the chance to enjoy reading your previous work? or do you just get into cruel editor mode?
"WRITE WHAT YOU WANT TO READ"

And yes, I have read my own novels more times than I can count because I like them. NOW, am I good writer (judging myself as a reader) I am alright. Not excellent, not groundbreaking, my jokes are the kind of jokes I like. :blob_reach:

scale of 1-5 I would give myself a 4

Lorelliad

creating magic in a magic-less world 🪄
Very much, yes. I still cringe at my fanfiction days, and even right now I still do.

But I genuinely like how far I've come and I enjoy reading my own story sometimes.

IDKWtWrite-San

Projecting 'Unreliable Narrator' Tag
That's why I'm in the part of me making a novel. I want to see something that I feel like reading so I instead of waiting, why don't I just make it.

Many times, I keep thinking about it but as times past by for a long time. I now feel like writing and enjoyed it even though I need to improve in my writing.

KittraMcBriar

These days, yes I do. And I have a terrible memory so a lot of the time I’ll reread something I don’t remember and I’m like “Damn, I wrote that? But…how?”
Ask me again in a few years if I like the same writing, though, and I’ll probably say it’s trash.

doravg

104/4001 (too lazy to count the stories again.)
I have this routine where I turn my chapters into an audiobook and listen to them. So, yes, I read and enjoy what I have written.