Do you guys have a favorite character to write?

RepresentingEnvy

En-Chan Queen Vampy!
My favorite character to write is the MC of vampire princess and her mom. Her mom is “soooo mommy,” literally a comment I got about her also. The MC is fun to write because I like following her growth and getting over fears.

Paul_Tromba

Sleep deprived mess of a published author
I like making characters with the jack of all trades but master of none trope with mommy issues. Mostly because mommy issues are more interesting and dramatic.

Stories tend to fall into these types

Male + daddy issues = good guy
Female + daddy issues = bad guy
Male + mommy issues = bad guy
Female + mommy issues = good guy
Male + mommy issues + daddy issues = antihero/antivillian
Female + mommy issues + daddy issues = antihero/antivillian

It's a bit sexist tbh but I didn't come up with and it is super common. Most writers do it without thinking. That's why I don't do this. I decide whether they should be good or bad based on the trauma.

ArcadiaBlade

I'm a Lazy Writer, So What?
I want to write a character that trades braincells for power. Basically an OP character who can break the universe at the same time, can't open a simple door. Not the dense kind, nor the young master type, just plain idiot who basically has toon force on speed dial.

TremendousHuman

Actual reason behind demographic problems
Victor Norman. Every main character I write is cray cray in their own right but that guy is outright insane. It's funny to get into his head space.

Jerynboe

Lividia, the dragon girlfriend of my first MC. She had a bulletproof ego and could reinterpret basically anything into more proof of her own preconceptions. She was far too silly to carry a story on her own, but her headspace was hilarious to be in. The main antagonist was a close second, as he was an older and slightly more mature version of her (and her uncle).

Verdant

Any character in your novel(s), if so why them?
I’m obsessed with using mbti for my characters (alongside enneagram) lol. For the most part, I can enjoy writing any character that isn’t generic or falls under the everyman troop. In my current novel, my protagonist is an Estp who fights with an electric yo-yo so I like writing her.
Characters with one or negative braincells are the funnest to write by far.
So true

Staag

Inhuman characters with human feelings, and humans with inhuman feelings. I love especially when these two types of characters meet, the human suddenly feels this superiority within the inhuman's presence because the inhuman tries so badly to become like them yet as a human they don't feel this envy with inhuman characters.

"Because afterall, why would I wanna become one of those fugly things? I can do so many bad things while looking hot! Look at that ugly thing, it's pretending to help a little girl. It thinks that it's a f**kin human!"

Haku45

Warriors or veterans. Someone old but have great experience in fighting and war. But also keep they humanity and kindness. I respect and want write more characters like that

doravg

137/4001 (finally counted the stories)
Four of them: Hetalia Bulgaria, Byzantine Empire, Greece, Turkey. They are so fun to write, I have not written anything but Hetalia fics for the past 2 weeks. XD

Thraben

I absolutely do. The character will likely never appear in a posted fic though, mostly because I've only written them in a series of oneshots, but in general I love writing confident characters who see 'and then I die' as a reasonable and acceptable conclusion to their own stories.

Cocky bastards who don't believe themselves above death, that's my type.

Zenomew

Characters that are incomplete and imperfect because their flaws are what makes them so interesting

SsemouyOnan

Imagine you can fly
I love writing delusional women(she just like me frfr)... oh and if you're asking how that's a character most of my MCs are like that

QuercusMalus

A bad apple...
Slogutus- Dr. Frankenstein meets Hannibal Lecter plus a large dose of Sebastian from Black Butler. He’s bat-shit crazy, enjoys doing painful experiments on others to make the 'perfect' specimen. Anesthesia is only used if their screaming gets to annoying, and frequently complains how boring the litany of 'why me's' is. But unless really pushed (usually by someone destroying equipment) is polite, soft spoken and treats most people like stupid children.

Hopper

Intruding Person's account, yes.
Those that are cool AF, especially those that were made by Valve and its fanmade.

For instances:

-Gordon Freeman (Literal definition of a one-man army, for most of the time)
-Adrian Shepherd (Confused wild marines on the loose, fought off two alien factions and killed one of the factions' boss)
-Barney Calhoun (Sustaining mental damage along with the surviving scientists of the Black Mesa for 20 fricking years till Gordon arrives)
-3650/Aiden Walker (The most badass Combine Overwatch the internet has, and also the most sarcastic character in the HL franchise)
-GLaDOS (*Sarcastically injuring the test's subject by internal torment)
-Wheatley (When a Brit's mind is transported to a 2x1 sphere which reduces the intelligence of said mind; he's a moron)
-Chell (Survived god knows how much traps, acid pool, and neurotoxin she was given by the two robots)