Do you post your chapter as is, or when it’s “done”?

I post a chapter when

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

lilwriter

I tend to post my chapter right away after spending only a few hours editing it. Then I go back after awhile, re-read it, and do edits and re-writes again.

Do you sit on the chapter for a few weeks, editing and rewriting it before posting? Or do you post it right away and go back and edit it later?

D

Deleted member 156229

I do the same and regret it as soon as I find some embarrassing errors. But I'll probably continue to post right away because of my anxiety lol.
:blob_teary:

BernKatstel

Witch of miracles/Miracle feline
Only when it is fully done. I spend a loooong time checking every sentence to make sure there are no errors

Lorelliad

call me Roamer 🎩
I am a pantser to the very core. The moment I reach my word count or intended amount of content it is finished.
RDT_20240225_1819338488187334413691799.jpg

Hans.Trondheim

Mr Negative | Avoid at all cost
I tend to post my chapter right away after spending only a few hours editing it. Then I go back after awhile, re-read it, and do edits and re-writes again.

Do you sit on the chapter for a few weeks, editing and rewriting it before posting? Or do you post it right away and go back and edit it later?
I post by volume instead of by chapter. That way, if I happened to write some plotholes, I can still correct it before readers see my updates.

Loyal readers will wait and understand you anyway.

Obsoleteness

I schedule it when its perfect... then I go back and edit it 4 times regardless because there's something wrong with me :sweating_profusely:

l8rose

Perpetually Positively Pondering
So... I'm weird. I have trouble writing linearly so I'll always have chapters typed up before I post the "next" one. So they've sat there for a few days (at least) before I post them. I'll do a scan before I post to see if there is anything that needs to be added or changed... which occasionally ends up with me completely rewriting the chapter.

I try not to go back to edit things I've posted but sometimes, I'll just go and rewrite.

And... I'm getting forgetful. So sometimes I completely forget I've written that chapter even if I finished it three days ago. It's a fun process.

lilwriter

I schedule it when its perfect... then I go back and edit it 4 times regardless because there's something wrong with me :sweating_profusely:
That’s just called good writing lol
So... I'm weird. I have trouble writing linearly so I'll always have chapters typed up before I post the "next" one. So they've sat there for a few days (at least) before I post them. I'll do a scan before I post to see if there is anything that needs to be added or changed... which occasionally ends up with me completely rewriting the chapter.

I try not to go back to edit things I've posted but sometimes, I'll just go and rewrite.

And... I'm getting forgetful. So sometimes I completely forget I've written that chapter even if I finished it three days ago. It's a fun process.
Me and my ADHD get this on a deep level lol. I do something similar. I forget I’ve written things too, or I’ll fall asleep imagining a chapter and then be like “aw damn I need to write that.”

Paul_Tromba

Sleep deprived mess of a published author
If it's perfect then it's good enough to publish in a book. If it's in it's 2nd or 3rd draft then ity good enough for the internet.

l8rose

Perpetually Positively Pondering
That’s just called good writing lol

Me and my ADHD get this on a deep level lol. I do something similar. I forget I’ve written things too, or I’ll fall asleep imagining a chapter and then be like “aw damn I need to write that.”
The attention disorder club representing!

Once I planned a chapter in my head for so long that I thought I actually wrote it so I feel that last one there.

lilwriter

The attention disorder club representing!

Once I planned a chapter in my head for so long that I thought I actually wrote it so I feel that last one there.
Hahaha ugh it’s so annoying when you realize you never wrote it—because it was so good in your head.
If it's perfect then it's good enough to publish in a book. If it's in it's 2nd or 3rd draft then ity good enough for the internet.
That is god-tier self-control 🤌🏻 I respect it.

GoodPerson

The only active fanfictioners in the forum.
Post when I reach my decided word count and do check and re-check using Grammarly. And I do that for a few minutes.

yes.jpg

georgelee5786

2024 Shovel Duel Champion
When I post here, simply when it is done. I do a little bit of editing but nothing else.

ManwX

Im from a Timeline where nuclear war destroyed all
Spend a few hours disecting every nook and cranny of issues and make a final version.

Then later revisit after a week of posting only to find that there was some mistake you forgot to correct.

Rinse and repeat this process till you can't find issues

Jerynboe

I post it after one round of editing. Then I repost it and inevitably find a few things to fix while transferring it over. Then I repost it and find more things that need to be changed. When my stories are on every single website on the entire internet, they will be perfect.
Unfortunately I write smutty fanfic so perfection will always be out of my reach.

Corty

Sneaking in, stealing your socks.
After one editing session which usually catches issues between 90-100%

If I sit on it until it's done, I won't have anything to post for a year, not to mention doing daily chapters. :blob_popcorn:

I only post a chapter after I've written at least 20 subsequent chapters. Given that my genre is mystery, I need to hold off and sprinkle hints in earlier chapters, which is why I delay publishing.