does "absolute nothingness" constitute as an existence of something?

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
came across this while browsing some other forums. I'm not making any big claims, just wanted to see what y'all think of it

I'm not paraphrasing everything the guy said I'm just gotta CTRL+C CTRL+V whatever the guy typed out

"If nothing cannot exist then wouldn't you say that a rock cannot see nothing and instead would see black or another color?
>inb4 it doesnt have eyes/brain

>inb4 it doesnt see anything which = seeing nothing which cannot exist

If you could try to visually think of nothing the closest thing you are going to get is white black or another color. If you try to think visually about what it's like to not be able to see you get the same result. Why is that? Well I'll tell you, that is because you cannot think of nothing or being able to NOT(notice NOT like the beginning of NOThing) see because they simply do not exist and are impercievable and based on lies if you do say they do exist."

what do you guys think?

personally, I think there lies the concept of "non existence" just somewhere beyond our comprehension. I'm only a pea brain that could think of cool concepts without elaborating on it but for those with Megaminds™ I wanna hear your thoughts on this

Daitengu

The trick is to not visualize anything. If you see black it's because you're visualizing.

If you don't think at all, sight, sound, touch, taste, etc all disappear.

Meditation can really go down weird rabbit holes. I've done it a few times, and it's weird realizing suddenly an hour goes by and I've been staring at the wall the whole time.

Kldran

I've been put under general anesthesia. I'd call that an experience of nothing. There's just a gap in time in my memories. When I forget things, there's a vagueness and uncertainty to it, this doesn't have that. It's just not there. Nothingness cannot be perceived, but a failure to perceive when perception would normally be expected, is detectable. I will say: Losing time like that is weird. I will note though: The actual experience of nothing was something I never could've imagined before I experienced it. So I strongly suspect it's not something a person can comprehend without experiencing it. I'll also note that there are quite a few experiences that simply cannot be understood without experiencing them.

Assurbanipal_II

Empress of the Four Corners of the World
This is an old metaphysical question that was thought about time and time again. :blob_cookie:

Absolute nothingness is a misnomer. You don't require absolute as nothingness is already an absolute state of non-existence. You aren't half nothing, you aren't a quarter nothing, you are nothing.

Everything else is just a matter of semantics as proving nothingness is a probatio diabolica in nature.

Sabruness

Cultured Yuri Connoisseur
I've been put under general anesthesia. I'd call that an experience of nothing. There's just a gap in time in my memories. When I forget things, there's a vagueness and uncertainty to it, this doesn't have that. It's just not there. Nothingness cannot be perceived, but a failure to perceive when perception would normally be expected, is detectable. I will say: Losing time like that is weird. I will note though: The actual experience of nothing was something I never could've imagined before I experienced it. So I strongly suspect it's not something a person can comprehend without experiencing it. I'll also note that there are quite a few experiences that simply cannot be understood without experiencing them.
i have to agree with this.