Does anyone read long running cultivation stories?

SuperHeiyan

I read plenty of xianxia stories but only couple of them over 1000 chapters, simple because vast majority is either crap or turns into hypocritical story where main character is evil bastard despite whatever he claims. In the end there is only couple authors who aren't going this way and either keep character integrity and deep philosophycal tones or have an ability to write xianxia comedy not enterly based around being slapstick comedy.

eun_

Does anyone read long running cultivation stories?
I used to, completed several of them in fact.
Now I don't. They're just predictable to the point where the story itself doesn't even matter anymore. That, or I just grew up.

As for my experience, it was a like binging dozens upon dozens of movies and tv shows in deep midnight. It was a slog, like literal slog. I kept reading to see if the story would get better but in the end, it did not to which I regretted dearly even until now.

And as to why, mostly because it's the only thing better than those weird "Nippon Food Banzai" novels back on 2016. Even right now if I were to choose a 3rd rate CN or JP novel, I would choose the CN one without hesitation.

Theirl

SHHS detainee no. 0004
im reading My Girlfriend From Turquoise Pond Requests My Help After My Millennium Seclusion im on 451

Squirrel

When I first discovered cultivation novels on NU I got pretty shocked by how many chapters were written for most of them. And even more shocked by the reviews that read hundreds of chapters of the novels. I personally have read hundreds of chapters of cultivation stories when I was younger but those were just manhua with, in most cases, short chapters. So I’m wondering if anyone here has read hundreds of chapters of these novels, and if so why? And how was the experience?
If the story is of my type that can hook me I would like to read hundreds of chapters of course. I think that's just the case.

super straight male & the opposite sex of female
nope they get boring

BearlyAlive

Certfied Super Secret Final Secret Final Boss
Thousands of chapters of essentially reading the Dagon Bowl formula but made in china, meaning obnoxious MC, senseless violence and more deus ex machina than a greek theatre could ever see?

Longest I could stomach was 200 chapters of those. Don't even remember what the story is about. All I remember is a guy finding a ring or something, getting a rodent and being trained by some otherworldly mentor type character... Which seems to be how around 99% of those stories start.

super straight male & the opposite sex of female
Thousands of chapters of essentially reading the Dagon Bowl formula but made in china, meaning obnoxious MC, senseless violence and more deus ex machina than a greek theatre could ever see?

Longest I could stomach was 200 chapters of those. Don't even remember what the story is about. All I remember is a guy finding a ring or something, getting a rodent and being trained by some otherworldly mentor type character... Which seems to be how around 99% of those stories start.
Now we need forever fan service ones

D

Deleted member 22388

Read 2 novels I found worth
World Of Cultivation-Stop at 750+/950 chapter(?)
And another comedic novel that uses lots of Chinese curses that makes me die of laughter 500(?)/1000(?)

Other then that I stop here. Since I found reviews that this/that book is trash and that it suck ass that MC with little to no romance.

Else I don't bother for the time being, and I can just find some good comedy books like the one above.

I don't get how people are able to complete many cultivation series that has more then 1000s of chapter. Quite terryfying as I can only read about maximum 4000 pages(44 size)(300 chapters?) in a month with 12 hours free time every day. I do get bored easily at times.

Paul_Tromba

Sleep deprived mess of a published author
No, cultivation novels never interested me. They seem too rushed and written with poor prose.

Kenjona

I Read ATG up to about 1200-1300 or so. Basically it got to repetitive at that point for me. It is usually so with most Cultivation novels after 750 to 1000 chapters.

Squirrel

I've read bl cultivation novels though. But not that long. The highest had 700 chapters and the others most probably ended at 200-300. As I mainly liked some emotional stuffs then, I had skipped the political ones

AKnightWithaKnife

The longest I’ve ever fully read was 10k chapters. This took me 5 sites and 3 months to do.

Habtamu

the problem is your going to be bored somewhere, especially if the mc is the usual "i am going to save the world." type.

aattss

the problem is your going to be bored somewhere, especially if the mc is the usual "i am going to save the world." type.

For Xianxia, the usual MC is more "i'm gonna do a lot of grinding and kill anyone who I feel like killing" and at least just as boring.

PeacefulMyst

In your heart~
The martial dao is endless and everlasting. In this path to the end of finding your path and immortality i shall reign supreme.
As for the martial dao is an endless dao. because it has no end.