Don't bother clicking, it was a mistake posting this here~. >.<

Mortrexo

So, I'm currently uploading two novels daily, each with an average of 2000 words per chapter. I don't mind spending the hours I spend writing both. But I feel like my writing speed has been stuck for a long time. Do you have any tips to break through that limit?

Edit: Okay, oops. This is not author general. My mistake

Last edited:

GoodPerson

The only active fanfictioners in the forum.
You.

Delete this.

Now.

And this ain't a request.

yo.jpg

Sergeandgreen

So you are complaining that your writing speed doesn't go beyond 4k words a day?
I guess it is already increadible that you can maintain that speed for a prolonged time. Many on this site would kill for that speed.

But if you really want to increase your speed, start with short speedwriting excercises. 5-10 min a day. Writing faster will then slowly become the norm for you.
I think after some time the speed at which you formulate what you want to write becomes the limit. At least for multiple hour writing sessions. Or you stop caring for quality.

Mortrexo

You.

Delete this.

Now.

And this ain't a request.

View attachment 28609
How? Is it possible to delete posts? I post very rarely....
Reported, it will probably be moved when a mod comes online
I see. I also reported it, thanks a lot! <3
So you are complaining that your writing speed doesn't go beyond 4k words a day?
I guess it is already increadible that you can maintain that speed for a prolonged time. Many on this site would kill for that speed.

But if you really want to increase your speed, start with short speedwriting excercises. 5-10 min a day. Writing faster will then slowly become the norm for you.
I think after some time the speed at which you formulate what you want to write becomes the limit. At least for multiple hour writing sessions. Or you stop caring for quality.
No, it's not about words a day, but per hour. Like, the quickness of the fingers going through the keyboard, haha.

ACertainPassingUser

Unfortunately, there's not that many advise other than practice and find around to find out tricks to it.

You can try scheduling your writing, so that you dont just write 2000 word on a single sitting. Maybe write 1000 in the afternoon and then schedule another 1000 in the evening, complete with water break and fruit every 500 words completed.

Then slowly-by-slowly increase the 500 to 600, then 600 to 700, and eventually 900 to 1000.

Then, use the excess energy for notes for your chapter and things to do next.

This will require discipline as there's only so much water break and fruit will motivate you to continue.

Good luck.

Fox-Trot-9

Foxy, the fluffy butt-stabber!
Holy moly! I don't know why you're not content with how much you're writing every day as it, b/c 4k words a day is AMAZING! I wish I could write that much every day!

Mortrexo

Holy moly! I don't know why you're not content with how much you're writing every day as it, b/c 4k words a day is AMAZING! I wish I could write that much every day!
Hahaha, it's more about the speed at which I write them. However, if you use a planned approach, writing even more is possible~. Hahaha.