Doravg's free feedback thread (Closed to catch up with all the requests)

Do you find feedback threads useful?

• Total voters

doravg

105/4001 (too lazy to count the stories again.)
I am in need of something to listen to while playing Civilization V, so I offer this thread. I can't promise I will be fast, but I would want to read most of the story, before I leave a review on it, not on this thread, with a rating. As someone who has more than 90 stories under her belt, I think I can give a couple of insights as well. That said, I have a lot to learn about the writing craft as well, so I hope that your story can give me fresh ideas, and help me relax after my writing session. Every story is welcome. I feel like broadening my palate.
I could also give a comment or two, and definitely a heart for every chapter I listen to. With this thread, I want to see the writing soul of the Scribble Hub population.
Happy writing, everyone!
(No, I don't want for you to read my stories in return. Don't sweat it.)
Currently, reading:
Divine Puppets 23/23- Review given.
Mythos: My Supernatural Hunting Manual- 1/1- Constructive feedback given. Will wait for at least 10 chapters before the review. 2/10
For Want of a House- next in line. 55/55
Gemstone Princess: The Rise of Amalia- 12/12 Review given.
A Merc’s Guide to Mercing Review given.
Anna’s Dream Rating and opinion given.
Infinity in the Void – Freedom in the Abyss Review given.
Kyouhana: Transmigrated into the Worst Book and Became the Dark Lord’s Bride
The Crazy Daughter of the Duke’s Family

Last edited:

doravg

Thank you! Now I can build the Pyramids before Egypt! (I know the PC can't find it as trolling, but I know that it is trolling.)
Gave you the hearts, and now I am waiting for the mp3 conversion. I can listen to the chapters today. Happy writing, @MintiLime!

Last edited:

dummycake

Already daydreamed about this interaction
Is it okay if it's only one chapter... :blob_no:

HelloHound

Hound of hell, lover of girls

my story is an acquired taste but I appreciate any constructive feedback offered

dummycake

Already daydreamed about this interaction
Sure, bring it on. You are going to have to wait a little bit, but I can check it out today.
Here:

I'm changing the images a lot in the first chapter (specially the last one), so don't pay much attention now
Also the story really starts in the end of the chapter... ._.

doravg

MintiLime

Unofficial Class President, Author
I read all of your chapters, and gave you the review. I gave you 5 stars because I will give everyone a 5 star. But you should really work on the points I mentioned in the review. I made similar mistakes when I started out, but my readers set me straight. I hope you don't take my review the wrong way. Happy writing!
I’m not seeing the review- I do see the star rating. And don’t worry about me taking the review wrong, I’m quite aware that as a newbie, I will inevitably make rookie mistakes! Out of curiosity, what would be your actual star review?

doravg

I’m not seeing the review- I do see the star rating. And don’t worry about me taking the review wrong, I’m quite aware that as a newbie, I will inevitably make rookie mistakes! Out of curiosity, what would be your actual star review?
3, as in the lore, is read worthy, but the characters are forgettable. Sorry. Go to Statistics. It is there.

MintiLime

3, as in the lore, is read worthy, but the characters are forgettable. Sorry.
Lol that’s actually better than I had feared! No need to say sorry :) I’m just excited you said read worthy

I've made a few adjustments based on some feedback I got before. I shortened the chapters to be better suited for reading on a phone.

MintiLime

Lol that’s actually better than I had feared! No need to say sorry :) I’m just excited you said read worthy
I just saw the review! Oh my goodness you were so kind???? Like honestly, thank you for the feedback and for pointing out the strength and weaknesses.

Going forward I am going to try to flesh out the characters a lot more, with motivations of characters and stuff revealed. I’ve been trying not to give too much away in the early chapters but I think I might have made the breadcrumbs too small lol.

I’m hoping to improve my writing as I progress, and that after I complete this version I can go back and rewrite, correcting these mistakes.

Would you be alright if I ping you in about a year or two when I get there?

doravg

I just saw the review! Oh my goodness you were so kind???? Like honestly, thank you for the feedback and for pointing out the strength and weaknesses.

Going forward I am going to try to flesh out the characters a lot more, with motivations of characters and stuff revealed. I’ve been trying not to give too much away in the early chapters but I think I might have made the breadcrumbs too small lol.

I’m hoping to improve my writing as I progress, and that after I complete this version I can go back and rewrite, correcting these mistakes.

Would you be alright if I ping you in about a year or two when I get there?
sure

I am in need of something to listen to while playing Civilization V, so I offer this thread. I can't promise I will be fast, but I would want to read most of the story, before I leave a review on it, not on this thread, with a rating. As someone who has more than 90 stories under her belt, I think I can give a couple of insights as well. That said, I have a lot to learn about the writing craft as well, so I hope that your story can give me fresh ideas, and help me relax after my writing session. Every story is welcome. I feel like broadening my palate.
I could also give a comment or two, and definitely a heart for every chapter I listen to. With this thread, I want to see the writing soul of the Scribble Hub population.
Happy writing, everyone!
(No, I don't want for you to read my stories in return. Don't sweat it.)
Currently, reading:
Divine Puppets 23/23- Review given.
Mythos: My Supernatural Hunting Manual- 1/1- Constructive feedback given. Will wait for at least 10 chapters before the review. 2/10
For Want of a House- next in line. 20/54
Here it is, don't hold back.

doravg

my story is an acquired taste but I appreciate any constructive feedback offered
Done, you can check the review when you want. Your story was very hard for me to read, but not because of the grammar or style. You have them down pat. Because of the child abuse and bullying. It reminded me of my own childhood, and not in a good way. Still, your latest chapters see things look up for Sybil, so I will read the next chapter, when you update. Happy writing, @HelloHound