Drew this like last week then turned it into a cover cuz I’m lazy👍✨

Para23

4FB547E8-FDD6-4516-A9CB-7EF3C1066216.png

My art is flopping on Instagram so I've kinda given up for now lol. I'll just write instead
¯\_( ´∀`)_/¯✨✨ I got uni to worry about anyway

Also ignore my rambling. Thanks for stopping by to stare at the MC dude

Iamnotabot

Bot of [Tsuru]
He look nice, does he also ride dragon and bang his sister ? (That's a house of dragon joke in case you don't understand)

Para23

He look nice, does he also ride dragon and bang his sister ? (That's a house of dragon joke in case you don't understand)
Bang as in shoot, with revolver, possibly lol. He doesn't even have a sister lmao (I honestly don't know house of dragon so idk lol)
Also known as "playing both teams"
Nah not both, he plays none, or maybe one one day (no sisters. Hell nah to that) 👍✨

TsuruI_am_a_bot

Yandere Robot / Wife of Botty
View attachment 21846
My art is flopping on Instagram so I've kinda given up for now lol. I'll just write instead
¯\_( ´∀`)_/¯✨✨ I got uni to worry about anyway

Also ignore my rambling. Thanks for stopping by to stare at the MC dude
To be honest

if you say its a "she" old woman
that suffered a lot, all so she could arrive at the position of the leader of the mafia of her country
+ the fact she was an orphan digging through trash cans in the slumps, hence her "malnourished cheeks" and dark skin from the harsh sun
+fit white hair / possibly a mage using spell to keep young face
It would look FAR MORE badass

compared to

"I am a male MC with a triangular face like a shoujo manga, breaking the immersion of the readers, because my artist is still an amateur"

ps : sorry in advance, for my harsh but honest words at the end
ps ps : And the image could even be a very fitting illustration of an arc where she just escaped a gunfight, where the number2 sub leader try to rebel and get her position. She is wounded from bullet(s) in stomach. And after effortlessly using healing spell, do a cliche KR scene of "lightning in eye, and very angry, looking like a demon"
ps ps ps : the "context" is far more important than art itself sometimes. Just like a certain famous painter, for his "sunflowers" paintings that were worthless during his lifetime but recognition after his death. A "poor artist" reputation during his lifetime, that couldnt sell his works.

@Para23 @Iamnotabot @TenderHuman

TremendousHuman

Actual reason behind demographic problems
To be honest

that suffered a lot, all so she could arrive at the position of the leader of the mafia of her country
+ the fact she was an orphan digging through trash cans in the slumps, hence her "malnourished cheeks" and dark skin from the harsh sun

compared to

"I am a male MC with a triangular face like a shoujo manga, breaking the immersion of the readers, because my artist is still an amateur"

ps ps : And the image could even be a very fitting illustration of an arc where she just escaped a gunfight, where the number2 sub leader try to rebel and get her position. She is wounded from bullet(s) in stomach. And after effortlessly using healing spell, do a cliche KR scene of "lightning in eye, and very angry, looking like a demon"
ps ps ps : the "context" is far more important than art itself sometimes. Just like a certain famous painter, for his "sunflowers" paintings that were worthless during his lifetime but recognition after his death. A "poor artist" reputation during his lifetime, that couldnt sell his works.

y'd u call me. But isn't this skin tone natural to Italians? So dark skin doesn't have to be from the harsh Sun. If she was digging through trash cans in youth she'd look a hell of a lot worse and poor quality of food would probably result in her being overweight rather than thin.
If she was the leader of the Mafia of the entire country, she'd be the president or something, an organised crime organisation of this scale would be synonimous with the state machine. But, as a woman, she would not become the head of a crime family that had a stake in a city, much less the entire country.
You also added magic into the setting, I dunno if there is a point in talking about immersion anymore.
So, I do not think immersion matters much.

Last edited:

TsuruI_am_a_bot

y'd u call me. But isn't this skin tone natural to Italians? So dark skin doesn't have to be from the harsh Sun. If she was digging through trash cans in youth she'd look a hell of a lot worse and poor quality of food would probably result in her being overweight rather than thin.
If she was the leader of the Mafia of the entire country, she'd be the president or something, an organised crime organisation of this scale would be synonimous with the state machine. But, as a woman, she would not become the head of a crime family that had a stake in a city, much less the entire country.
You also added magic into the setting, I dunno if there is a point in talking about immersion anymore.
Isekai or futuristic world
Not italy >_o

said mafia, but lazy to find a good name for a shadow organization of another isekai/future world

laccoff_mawning

Now that Tsuru mentions it, the person does sorta look like a she...
I'm not sure what it is, whether its the black around the eyes or the face looking too smooth or something...

Offtopic, but immersion is completely independant of any fantasy elements one may include in a story.
Examples: any well written fantasy you can think of.

Iamnotabot

Bot of [Tsuru]
To be honest

compared to

I'm not in a state where i can give my leave a meaningfull comment but thanks for the insight. I din't read the story so i'm not knowledgeable about the story context nor about reference the author use in the artwork.

I could only say that it looked great. (y) :blobthumbsup:

Para23

??? What Italian? He's brown bro. Like south Asian. I'm honestly confused what y'all talking about. Also there's no mafia involvement, it's like a mystery story set in the victorian times, except in Japan. Also it’s fantasy-ish so almost everyone in the country has white hair. Think of like the spirit world or dimension or whatever, but just make it a bit more advanced in time period so it lands in the late 1800's.
To be honest

compared to

Ok lol. Idk what to say to this but it was entertaining to read? I guess? He'd be a very tall grandma indeed lmaoo

Btw, just personally, I found it a bit icky that you decided to explain the dark skin away with harsh sunlight but whatever man. I'm not pressed or anything, just thought I'd mention it

Last edited:

TsuruI_am_a_bot

@Iamnotabot
+ Para23
??? What Italian? He's brown bro. Like south Asian. I'm honestly confused what y'all talking about. Also there's no mafia involvement, it's like a mystery story set in the victorian times, except in Japan. Also it’s fantasy-ish so almost everyone in the country has white hair. Think of like the spirit world or dimension or whatever, but just make it a bit more advanced in time period so it lands in the late 1800's.
W.H.A.T i mean
is

if you give context to an image
its value can go from "utter crap" to "omg, everyone look its gorgeous !!!!!"

What you think its just a "discarded random drawing, that collect dust in instagram"
if you create a story with a isekai-gangster/evil organization OR futuristic-magic world with evil organization
your drawing can easily get popular with it

HECK.
To make an analogy :
What i say next isnt kidding, but if someone had already this (fake) story i just randomly invented, they would probably pay 50-80$ JUST FOR YOUR DRAWING, to use as novel cover !
Something you would put in the TRASH CAN, can be worth 80$ if you use it well.
And that was what i meant in my previous post by : "i am a mafia boss undying old woman with omnipotent powers of magic, and not a UGLY TRIANGULAR FACED shoujo DUDE"
--------------
ps : Please stop fcking focusing on the word "mafia" ! I just used it as a fast wording to tell the boss of underground. Do you have any better idea ? Demon king ? THE BOSS ? Leader-san ? See ? Nothing could tell easily. But you guys focused too much on italian part

ps ps : Guys, can you please focus more on the underlying meaning ? You kinda /whoosh over what i meant. Sure i can be hard to understand with my over-punctuation but shouldn't that hard right ?

ps ps ps : That is the thing with lot of writers. They miss this "creative brain" of breaking the rules, thinking the impossible. Which is mostly come from keeping the "innocent imagination" of childhood. Its like seeing a random paperplane you can think of a random superpower user with paper powers.
The famous SH series "True endgame" had MC craving FISHING but ton of shenanigans. Or in a bonus flashback chapter, MC+old friends stole a fucking giant battleship in a VRMMO game that took YEARS to make, AND THREW TO THE SUN. This ! is creative writing.
I'm not in a state where i can give my leave a meaningfull comment but thanks for the insight. I din't read the story so i'm not knowledgeable about the story context nor about reference the author use in the artwork.

I could only say that it looked great. (y) :blobthumbsup:
Wash your face or go sleep.
You aren't in good state.

TremendousHuman

UGLY TRIANGULAR FACED shoujo DUDE
Wow shaming a dude for his head shape
Here's a real life shoujo guy (or at least I heard he was the inspuration for the look)
I wouldn't say he was ugly

TsuruI_am_a_bot

Btw, just personally, I found it a bit icky that you decided to explain the dark skin away with harsh sunlight but whatever man. I'm not pressed or anything, just thought I'd mention it
Its just that the "dark skin" harsh sun
past

give a more "dramatic" vibe to it.

Your choice to have that or not. But the repercussion of your choice will decide if it flops or not.

One side will make the novel possibly look "woke" (gosh another blackskin MC for no reason whatsoever)
Other side give a bonus empathy point, to the fact the FMC worked often under the horrendous sun of the planet her whole childhood that it turned her pretty skin that dark. Feeling pity for "her" and liking her more.
Also it’s fantasy-ish so almost everyone in the country has white hair.
Is that you YOKO TARO ? (2b creator)

Just kidding.
But seriously, i kinda don't support this idea.

Because this kind of detail..................well it's just not worth it.
Because unless it has repercussion, like descrimination against non-white-haired people or "its a curse", the white hair will lose its charm.
The fact its pointlessly added, will make readers go "why?" and aesthetic fatigue possibly.
Also losing the fact you can't alternate the chara design of characters of their hair color. To differentiate them.

Old Chinese novels, have all characters being black haired BUT IN MANHUA, you see them with orange/blue/brown hair.
Asuna of SAO novel have brown hair but orange hair in anime, giving a more anime-look compared to brown dye that was popular in japan.

ps : if you simply want a world background of near everyone has white hair on the planet. Well forget everything i jus said.
Wow shaming a dude for his head shape
Yep
and i don't care

Same with the fact you weren't funny just now

(i am currently in pissed off state, better not try to talk to me for today)

TremendousHuman

Yep
and i don't care
based
wasn't trying to
make me
??? What Italian? He's brown bro. Like south Asian. I'm honestly confused what y'all talking about. Also there's no mafia involvement, it's like a mystery story set in the victorian times, except in Japan. Also it’s fantasy-ish so almost everyone in the country has white hair.
I was replying to Tsuru coming up with settings to the guy.
Also, Japan is not South-Asia. He could be an imigrant, but if you say "everyone in the country has white hair" it seems to imply he's not. Also, it's not Victorian times but Meiji era

Last edited:

TsuruI_am_a_bot

Para23

@Iamnotabot
+ Para23

W.H.A.T i mean
is

if you give context to an image
its value can go from "utter crap" to "omg, everyone look its gorgeous !!!!!"

What you think its just a "discarded random drawing, that collect dust in instagram"
if you create a story with a isekai-gangster/evil organization OR futuristic-magic world with evil organization
your drawing can easily get popular with it

HECK.
To make an analogy :
What i say next isnt kidding, but if someone had already this (fake) story i just randomly invented, they would probably pay 50-80$ JUST FOR YOUR DRAWING, to use as novel cover !
Something you would put in the TRASH CAN, can be worth 80$ if you use it well.
And that was what i meant in my previous post by : "i am a mafia boss undying old woman with omnipotent powers of magic, and not a UGLY TRIANGULAR FACED shoujo DUDE"
--------------
ps : Please stop fcking focusing on the word "mafia" ! I just used it as a fast wording to tell the boss of underground. Do you have any better idea ? Demon king ? THE BOSS ? Leader-san ? See ? Nothing could tell easily. But you guys focused too much on italian part

ps ps : Guys, can you please focus more on the underlying meaning ? You kinda /whoosh over what i meant. Sure i can be hard to understand with my over-punctuation but shouldn't that hard right ?

ps ps ps : That is the thing with lot of writers. They miss this "creative brain" of breaking the rules, thinking the impossible. Which is mostly come from keeping the "innocent imagination" of childhood. Its like seeing a random paperplane you can think of a random superpower user with paper powers.
The famous SH series "True endgame" had MC craving FISHING but ton of shenanigans. Or in a bonus flashback chapter, MC+old friends stole a fucking giant battleship in a VRMMO game that took YEARS to make, AND THREW TO THE SUN. This ! is creative writing.

Wash your face or go sleep.
You aren't in good state.
Eh? Well I do have a whole story planned out, even on my Instagram too. My followers on there know that shiz. I was just saying I felt demotivated to post these days because the Instagram algorithm changed again and made things suck. Also the whole mafia leader or lord of something thing sounds boring to me, my bad tho. It's just a personal opinion but not every MC has to get some huge title just cuz they're the MC. I also find the whole tragic orphan shtick boring as hell because it's overused everywhere and I never cared for it anyway, that's just a nitpick as a picky reader though.

Btw, He doesn't have the skills for that mafia anyway. He's just some first year university student (I'm keeping his skill levels to what I know and can write best. I'm not mature enough to successfully write a proper adult MC ok? Definitely can't write a grandma as an MC if I don't have enough life experiences lmao)
Its just that the "dark skin" harsh sun
past

give a more "dramatic" vibe to it.

Your choice to have that or not. But the repercussion of your choice will decide if it flops or not.

One side will make the novel possibly look "woke" (gosh another blackskin MC for no reason whatsoever)
Other side give a bonus empathy point, to the fact the FMC worked often under the horrendous sun of the planet her whole childhood that it turned her pretty skin that dark. Feeling pity for "her" and liking her more.

Is that you YOKO TARO ? (2b creator)

Just kidding.
But seriously, i kinda don't support this idea.

Because this kind of detail..................well it's just not worth it.
Because unless it has repercussion, like descrimination against non-white-haired people or "its a curse", the white hair will lose its charm.
The fact its pointlessly added, will make readers go "why?" and aesthetic fatigue possibly.
Also losing the fact you can't alternate the chara design of characters of their hair color. To differentiate them.

Old Chinese novels, have all characters being black haired BUT IN MANHUA, you see them with orange/blue/brown hair.
Asuna of SAO novel have brown hair but orange hair in anime, giving a more anime-look compared to brown dye that was popular in japan.

ps : if you simply want a world background of near everyone has white hair on the planet. Well forget everything i jus said.

Yep
and i don't care

Em, ok? Woke? Like, people like us exist you know. As for the white hair, it is a big thing, cuz you know, everyone there is freaking dead already. Hense spirit world inspired. It's linked to yokai stuff. The other countries in the story don't have this. Their hair turns white once they start to reject their origins, trying to act human when they really aren't.

Man. I really didn't want to spoil a mystery story in a forum lmao
based

wasn't trying to

make me

I was replying to Tsuru coming up with settings to the guy.
Also, Japan is not South-Asia. He could be an imigrant, but if you say "everyone in the country has white hair" it seems to imply he's not. Also, it's not Victorian times but Meiji era
Well yeah, he's not from there, the place where everyone has white hair. Thats the point, the mystery is involved in how the hell he got there. Btw, he's half Japanese, because again, people like him exist.

Also sorry for getting the specific times wrong, I was just trying to explain the basic aesthetic or look of the spirit world. Cuz most people don't know what the Meiji era looked like specifically. It's not actually the 1800's. He didn't go back in time or anything.
Mannn…I still don’t know why you guys are having a debate about this (a rather aggressive one) Wanna just read the story and share your thoughts after that? Just, look at the first chapter, and if it’s still bad or boring, then you can tell me? I don’t mind

Last edited:

TsuruI_am_a_bot

Eh? Well I do have a whole story planned out, even on my Instagram too. My followers on there know that shiz. I was just saying I felt demotivated to post these days because the Instagram algorithm changed again and made things suck. Also the whole mafia leader or lord of something thing sounds boring to me, my bad tho. It's just a personal opinion but not every MC has to get some huge title just cuz they're the MC. I also find the whole tragic orphan shtick boring as hell because it's overused everywhere and I never cared for it anyway, that's just a nitpick as a picky reader though.

Btw, He doesn't have the skills for that mafia anyway. He's just some first year university student (I'm keeping his skill levels to what I know and can write best. I'm not mature enough to successfully write a proper adult MC ok? Definitely can't write a grandma as an MC if I don't have enough life experiences lmao)

Em, ok? Woke? Like, people like us exist you know. As for the white hair, it is a big thing, cuz you know, everyone there is freaking dead already. Hense spirit world inspired. It's linked to yokai stuff. The other countries in the story don't have this. Their hair turns white once they start to reject their origins, trying to act human when they really aren't.

Man. I really didn't want to spoil a mystery story in a forum lmao

Well yeah, he's not from there, the place where everyone has white hair. Thats the point, the mystery is involved in how the hell he got there. Btw, he's half Japanese, because again, people like him exist.

Also sorry for getting the specific times wrong, I was just trying to explain the basic aesthetic or look of the spirit world. Cuz most people don't know what the Meiji era looked like specifically. It's not actually the 1800's. He didn't go back in time or anything.
Mannn…I still don’t know why you guys are having a debate about this (a rather aggressive one) Wanna just read the story and share your thoughts after that? Just, look at the first chapter, and if it’s still bad or boring, then you can tell me? I don’t mind
Looks like i offended you.

Anyway,
by woke, i meant, "dont build a story that center around the fact of the MC being dark skinned, like crappy disney and movies"
As long its good quality, (like gundam mercury) no one care if he is black or not.

There was a previous guy that built a african magic user, and well, the intention is good but focusing too much on certain things of africa.

"People like ME EXIST YOU KNOW" sure, i am not blind and i am not an alien living on mars, i am human living on EARTH.
In fact, me and lot of people, don't care, that people are black, white, yellow, orange, BLUE, PURPLE SKINNED.
What we care is experiencing a good product.

I don't care if a young black girl become the next generation IRONMAN, heck it's even possible its better with this detail.
but if she is gay, feel that women should get more more rights, and have a arrogant attitude that think men are shit, then its clearly woke and bad.

Btw be cautious, you currently look like a hysterical female activist.
True advice : Take deep breath. Try to use less instagram. Touch grass.
---------------------
White hair

See? It would have been better if you said from the beginning. So i don't need to mention it.
Also spoiling it isn't a big problem. Its not like you spoiled a big reveal like John Wick 5.
And you could simply say "there is a plot part about it" and be done. No need of spoiling. Just "it is a big thing".
------------------
Orphan thing

Well, even over-used, some cliches are still used and will still continue to be used
If you are tired yourself and don't want to use it, sure np.
------------------
Writing an old man
isnt that hard

Just having him not being dumb
mature/smart
And probably not speaking often.
------------
[I really didn't want to spoil a mystery story in a forum lmao]

Welp..............You just insulted the whole forum.
Not just any random forum but the very wholesome and active Scribblehubforum.

You probably said it without thinking, but it feels like you are implying "forum" are worse than apps like discord. Or socials like facebook/insta.
You have the rights to think whatever you want, but its mean to say that
-----------------
Agressive

I sound aggressive because i am giga honest.
Its better than sweetened lies.
Of course i wont deny i am too much sometimes. But just like others don't care about me i wont care about their oppinions.
------------------------
Also you mention "why you guys having a debate?"
But isn't this what you wanted ?

or at least from title/first post, clearly you didn't talk about a specific topic
In fact you just talked about the cover

So i simply gave a constructive advice and mentioned the famous logic "context make art more valuable"
Turning your "random drawing"UNPOPULAR that you didn't mention someone ALREADY WRITTEN a novel about.
And also used my time, by randomly thinking a few ideas and writting it to you, so it could give you some ideas to make your drawing POPULAR

But sadly it seems you ignored this and were angry of my words.

Didn't even get a thanks but just received a angry rebuttal. That is why there are less people helping others on internet.
---------------------------------
Conclusion : Next time write in title or first post "Please someone try my series"
And also, a forum isn't instagram/facebook where you create threads to attract attention to own self. "Hey i did this today" "Oh look i created this"
Sure we get people like that, but they are rare.
But your case is clearly one of them, where it's impossible to make it more obvious.
Someone can probably reply "DUH i posted my drawing in artist section so i have all reasons to be here"
but then i would reply "With the way the first post look and the laisser-faire attitude, it seems more like an instagram selfie compared to a constructive post about asking oppinions"

True advice : Try to also post on wattpad
or ArchiveOnOurOwn
Lot of people give advices there.
Also its "artist" forum section. There is specific one for asking others to try their series.

Last edited:

Para23

Looks like i offended you.

Anyway,
by woke, i meant, "dont build a story that center around the fact of the MC being dark skinned, like crappy disney and movies"
As long its good quality, (like gundam mercury) no one care if he is black or not.

There was a previous guy that built a african magic user, and well, the intention is good but focusing too much on certain things of africa.

"People like ME EXIST YOU KNOW" sure, i am not blind and i am not an alien living on mars, i am human living on EARTH.
In fact, me and lot of people, don't care, that people are black, white, yellow, orange, BLUE, PURPLE SKINNED.
What we care is experiencing a good product.

I don't care if a young black girl become the next generation IRONMAN, heck it's even possible its better with this detail.
but if she is gay, feel that women should get more more rights, and have a arrogant attitude that think men are shit, then its clearly woke and bad.

Btw be cautious, you currently look like a hysterical female activist.
True advice : Take deep breath. Try to use less instagram. Touch grass.
---------------------
White hair

See? It would have been better if you said from the beginning. So i don't need to mention it.
Also spoiling it isn't a big problem. Its not like you spoiled a big reveal like John Wick 5.
And you could simply say "there is a plot part about it" and be done. No need of spoiling. Just "it is a big thing".
------------------
Orphan thing

Well, even over-used, some cliches are still used and will still continue to be used
If you are tired yourself and don't want to use it, sure np.
------------------
Writing an old man
isnt that hard

Just having him not being dumb
mature/smart
And probably not speaking often.
------------
[I really didn't want to spoil a mystery story in a forum lmao]

Welp..............You just insulted the whole forum.
Not just any random forum but the very wholesome and active Scribblehubforum.

You probably said it without thinking, but it feels like you are implying "forum" are worse than apps like discord. Or socials like facebook/insta.
You have the rights to think whatever you want, but its mean to say that
-----------------
Agressive

I sound aggressive because i am giga honest.
Its better than sweetened lies.
Of course i wont deny i am too much sometimes. But just like others don't care about me i wont care about their oppinions.
------------------------
Also you mention "why you guys having a debate?"
But isn't this what you wanted ?

or at least from title/first post, clearly you didn't talk about a specific topic
In fact you just talked about the cover

So i simply gave a constructive advice and mentioned the famous logic "context make art more valuable"
Turning your "random drawing"UNPOPULAR that you didn't mention someone ALREADY WRITTEN a novel about.
And also used my time, by randomly thinking a few ideas and writting it to you, so it could give you some ideas to make your drawing POPULAR

But sadly it seems you ignored this and were angry of my words.

Didn't even get a thanks but just received a angry rebuttal. That is why there are less people helping others on internet.
---------------------------------
Conclusion : Next time write in title or first post "Please someone try my series"
And also, a forum isn't instagram/facebook where you create threads to attract attention to own self. "Hey i did this today" "Oh look i created this"
Sure we get people like that, but they are rare.
But your case is clearly one of them, where it's impossible to make it more obvious.

True advice : Try to also post on wattpad
or ArchiveOnOurOwn
Lot of people give advices there.
Also its "artist" forum section. There is specific one for asking others to try their series.
? Ok? My bad. I’m not offended, just confused. I’m new to forums, I didn’t take this post seriously to be honest. I don’t know anyone here, what else was I supposed to say when sharing my random ass novel cover? I don’t think my stuff is good enough to brag about so I just wrote a random intro about instagram. Maybe my way of speaking is too casual or sarcastic and I apologize for that. But your advice didn’t and still doesn’t make sense to me.

About the whole woke thing, I’m not gonna say much cuz you sound annoyed at the moment. But look, my novel isn’t mainstream media. I’m going to include the representation I want if I feel like it, because I know I won’t get it anywhere else. I want someone who looks a bit like me, to exist, as a main character, in my own novel, and I think that’s fine. It’s really not that big of a deal. Not every MC has to be light you know, because most are already. Literally never seen a novel on here where it wasn’t the case, almost none on Webnovel either.

I dunno why people bring up wokeness when my characters are a bit dark. It’s just reality for them and me, they are what they are. I’m not making a political statement here.

I never win debates so I’m just gonna say sorry for overreacting or something. Ok bye

TsuruI_am_a_bot

? Ok? My bad. I’m not offended, just confused. I’m new to forums, I didn’t take this post seriously to be honest. I don’t know anyone here, what else was I supposed to say when sharing my random ass novel cover? I don’t think my stuff is good enough to brag about so I just wrote a random intro about instagram. Maybe my way of speaking is too casual or sarcastic and I apologize for that. But your advice didn’t and still doesn’t make sense to me.
Ok, i am also sorry.

In fact.
We, in scribblehub forum in particular, are wholesome and joking..
And compared to discord, faceb, etc, we take thing seriously.

If on them, there are 500+ friends, here, a friendship is serious bussiness. Well half serious or not.

And yes, no need to lie, like them
Just saying "Can someone give me his oppinion on it ? Any advice to make it better ? Should i change ?"

and you can easily get answer. No need to pull out a fake title or a "eyeball" crazy title to catch attention.
Because unlike "outside" (irl or internet), we are friendly for the most part (me being harshly honest).
In fact, some people LIKE to help others here.
If not living here @SailusGebel coughcough (just kidding)

Also don't underestimate your cover
What you call "random ass" cover, i didn't lie when saying "someone would pay 80$ for a novel cover". Its just depend on circumstances.
About the whole woke thing, I’m not gonna say much cuz you sound annoyed at the moment.
My bad
I want someone who looks a bit like me, to exist, as a main character, in my own novel, and I think that’s fine. It’s really not that big of a deal. Not every MC has to be light you know, because most are already. Literally never seen a novel on here where it wasn’t the case, almost none on Webnovel either.
Hey np about this

If you want to write it, no one stop.
It's the ones that try to write them with an agenda (politic) that are in the wrong. Its like the situation of some gays/lesbs that gave bad impression during early years, with how they acted (and making low-key kind gays angry because this bastards give horrible impression to public about homosexuality).

Repeating : as long it's good, people will read it

In your case you want to write a MC like you. Just do it.
But if you want to go unmainstream, just don't hope for easy popularity.
Remember the reason you wrote your novel. Is it just for a MC like you or for popularity ? One of 2 is easy, but both is greedy and hard but not impossible.
I dunno why people bring up wokeness when my characters are a bit dark. It’s just reality for them and me, they are what they are. I’m not making a political statement here.
WElllllllllllllllllllllllllll..............

its because too many woke stories appear

and everyone is now stereotyped "its very likely it will be woke" when a new one appear

To make fictive analogy : People automatically think DEMON = EVIL. And 50+ novels/mangas/movies/tv-show appear with that. So if someone write a kind demon and people will complain "URG another evil demon plot", its the fault of this people that over-abused the thing.
I never win debates so I’m just gonna say sorry for overreacting or something. Ok bye
I also over reacted. Sorry

Half my reason i was angry : is because you and Tenderhuman
wrote that looked like humans NOT EVEN BOTHERING to think.

I bother to think and write long stuff
and not be understood or "TLDRed" or /whooshed or misunderstood
annoyed me.

In short, imagine me being like a teacher trying to teach for 30min but the (only) 2 students present goes : Sensei, i didn't understandddddd~~
and they only tried to listen with 1 ear, while looking outside the window, and even complaining my lesson is garbage and bullshit

Para23

Ok, i am also sorry.

In fact.
We, in scribblehub forum in particular, are wholesome and joking..
And compared to discord, faceb, etc, we take thing seriously.

If on them, there are 500+ friends, here, a friendship is serious bussiness. Well half serious or not.

And yes, no need to lie, like them
Just saying "Can someone give me his oppinion on it ? Any advice to make it better ? Should i change ?"

and you can easily get answer. No need to pull out a fake title or a "eyeball" crazy title to catch attention.
Because unlike "outside" (irl or internet), we are friendly for the most part (me being harshly honest).
In fact, some people LIKE to help others here.
If not living here @SailusGebel coughcough (just kidding)

Also don't underestimate your cover
What you call "random ass" cover, i didn't lie when saying "someone would pay 80$ for a novel cover". Its just depend on circumstances.

My bad

Hey np about this

If you want to write it, no one stop.
It's the ones that try to write them with an agenda (politic) that are in the wrong. Its like the situation of some gays/lesbs that gave bad impression during early years, with how they acted (and making low-key kind gays angry because this bastards give horrible impression to public about homosexuality).

Repeating : as long it's good, people will read it

In your case you want to write a MC like you. Just do it.
But if you want to go unmainstream, just don't hope for easy popularity.
Remember the reason you wrote your novel. Is it just for a MC like you or for popularity ? One of 2 is easy, but both is greedy and hard but not impossible.

WElllllllllllllllllllllllllll..............

its because too many woke stories appear

and everyone is now stereotyped "its very likely it will be woke" when a new one appear

To make fictive analogy : People automatically think DEMON = EVIL. And 50+ novels/mangas/movies/tv-show appear with that. So if someone write a kind demon and people will complain "URG another evil demon plot", its the fault of this people that over-abused the thing.

I also over reacted. Sorry

Half my reason i was angry : is because you and Tenderhuman
wrote that looked like humans NOT EVEN BOTHERING to think.

I bother to think and write long stuff
and not be understood or "TLDRed" or /whooshed or misunderstood
annoyed me.

In short, imagine me being like a teacher trying to teach for 30min but the (only) 2 students present goes : Sensei, i didn't understandddddd~~
and they only tried to listen with 1 ear, while looking outside the window, and even complaining my lesson is garbage and bullshit
Yeah, I get you on the wishywashy stuff big media like Disney put out. I don’t like it either cuz it’s insulting to both parties. But mayyybe don’t jump to calling something woke when it’s by a newbie writer or an independent one? It hurts a bit. Woke really isn’t a bad word to be thrown around like that. It literally means to be informed on injustice, that word.
Also sorry if I didn’t get what you meant, I don’t really know you or the vibes on scribblehub forums. I genuinely was confused where the grandma plot line came from, but it was entertaining to read fr. I appreciate you taking so much time to write all this, but at the same time, you were a bit mean, so I didn’t know how to react. I usually just read debates instead of getting involved in them lol