Dunno if I should list this as a fanfic or not

APieceOfRock

Yuri Lover, endeed!
So I've been listening to some old Rhapsody of Fire albums and I've made a story that takes heavy inspiration (or straight-up copied) from their albums. The problem is I don't know where to list it as a fanfiction...
If you're wondering, the albums are Triumph or Agony | Symphony of Enchanted lands II

TL;DR (because some people don't even have the attention span to read two lines): I listened to songs and wrote a story based on them. Fanfic or no?

LunaSoltaer

Spicy Transbian
Music is not fiction in the sense that you'd make it a fanfic.

And if it helps? My entire antagonist I pulled inspiration out of a flipping Rhythm Game. Really. I took a glyph representing a character, morphed it into a different shape, slapped that modified imagery on the character, and use the music in the source game as inspiration for how this character acts (which is rather distinct from the game character, thankfully.)

HelloHound

Hound of hell, lover of girls
I think more inspiration than fanfiction, though you could mention how the songs inspired you to write it (though if it's one of those highly-specific story-songs I think it's closer to fanfic if you use a lot of lines or story beats from the music)
I could listen to the song to figure out what kind of music it is but I woke up w a headache and thus refuse

melchi

What is a custom title?
So I've been listening to some old Rhapsody of Fire albums and I've made a story that takes heavy inspiration (or straight-up copied) from their albums. The problem is I don't know where to list it as a fanfiction...
If you're wondering, the albums are Triumph or Agony | Symphony of Enchanted lands II

TL;DR (because some people don't even have the attention span to read two lines): I listened to songs and wrote a story based on them. Fanfic or no?
Steven king wrote maximum overdrive as a fan fic for ACDC. I don't know if it is too big of a deal how to credit the song / songs.