Favorite manga\manhwa\manhua in terms of art style.

SailusGebel

I asked this question about r-18 works but didn't get enough answers, so here I am, asking the same question about SFW works. What is your favorite manga\manhwa\manhua in terms of art style? I phrased the question that way because I don't know the name of the authors of certain manhwas\manhuas. But, if you want, you can add the author's name in addition to the name of the work. Also, I know that there are people who prefer and read things that only have particular genres. I'm asking you to refrain from your genre preferences and try to look only at art.

Lloyd

Professional Writer
Firepunch

firepunchcoverJ.jpg

Last edited:

Daitengu

Art style..
Berserk for uniqueness.
Bakemonogatari manga, because "Oh Great!" Really killed it in detail and mood. Tbh, I've loved Oh Great's artwork since Tengo Tenge.

Also "The Breaker" manhwa.

Can't help but love the more realistic bodies from these.

Minx

Procrastinator Mongrel
One Punch Man, I love how beautiful the art is. Plus, you'd think a story about an OP character is boring, but that's not the case for OPM. I'd love to binge-read it again.

Daitengu

Oh uh, sometimes the author and illustrator are different. Like in the case of One Punch Man, and Bakemonogatari.

SailusGebel

Oh uh, sometimes the author and illustrator are different. Like in the case of One Punch Man, and Bakemonogatari.
I know. It's another reason why I asked for the name of the manga\manhwas\manhua, rather than the author's name. Btw, you mentioned Breaker. If it's Korean, it's the one about martial arts, yes? Do you like the art in the first season or the second season, New waves?

Kenjona

Hmm, I think the art I prefer depends a lot on the genre as much as anything else.
I generally prefer the art in something like Solo Leveling in general https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solo_Leveling, for most of my more mature/darker style of manga\manhwas\manhua.
But a more "cartoony" style like One Piece: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One_Piece. For very non serious works.
But if its is a fantasy/isekai style: Mushoku Tensei is pretty good.

The one art style that tends to turn me off is the overcomplicated, looks dirty grey style: Like this: https://mangahub.io/chapter/samurai-legend/chapter-7. Mind you I still read it, but the art is meh in my mind.

EternalSunset0

Bleach, especially right around the Hueco Mundo Arc, has my favorite character art by far. Kubo's characters just radiate that cool, edgy charisma of sorts.

I'm also fond of Magi's art.

For the cartoony (in contrast to cool) stuff, Nisekoi's very appealing to me.

Strangely enough, for the lots of LN that I read, I don't have a lot of LN with insert art that I "really" like. They're not bad, but I often just enjoy the anime designs for most of them a lot more than the original art. So stuff like Rezero, DxD, Mahouka, Oregairu, or Shield Hero, while having good to decent art as LNs, end up having (for me) more appealing art in their adaptations.

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
I'm going to say Yu-Gi-Oh! just because I love Seto Kaiba.

Generik0

Loved Kokou no Hito for being able to portray the emotion and a bit of realism for the MC.

Also loved Made in Abyss due to how concept arty it is.

number one would be berserk for impeccable details.
I'm surprised no one mentioned boichi yet. sun ken rock, origin, dr stone, etc.
1636324575087.png
1636324636315.png

and kengan ashura.

The only manhwa that comes to mind is
Roxana. Art blew me away. It's not half as impressive as everything else that was mentioned on here but the art is beautiful and I'd give my soul to the devil to be able to create atmosphere and characters that incredibly.

HokuouTenrou

SFW? Then I guess Tomohiro Shimoguchi (Kurogane no Linebarrel & ULTRAMAN) and Nobuyuki Anzai (Rekka no Honoo, Mixim).
I might add others if I remember later.

Lorelliad

call me Roamer 🎩
I've been reading a lot of manhwa lately, so I'd go with God Of HighSchool and Jungle Juice. The latter's art is sick af too.

thalia.

for manga, i would say bleach, tokyo ghoul and spyxfamily (although i haven't read a lot of manga so any recommendations would be great)
for manwha, there's so many, but if i had to choose it would be omniscient reader, noblesse, wmmap, beware the villainess, the fantasie of a stepmother and villains are destined to die
there might be more but i can't think of them rn haha