Writing Prompt Finish the Story: "The truth is..."

dummycake

Already daydreamed about this interaction
"It's over!" she said, pointing her gun at you.

She was tired, and you were tired, playing this game of cat and mouse for months.

"Why are you running away?" she shouted with difficulty; her throat was tight and dry from crying and screaming too much.

"They're telling the truth, right?" she said. "That's why you're running away!"

"No," you said, "it's not the truth."

"Then what is?"

"The truth is..."

Sleds

I'm looking for Disney Sleds

She was tired, and you were tired, playing this game of cat and mouse for months.

"Why are you running away?" she shouted with difficulty; her throat was tight and dry from crying and screaming too much.

"Then what is?"

"The truth is, I’m not the one eating the last fry. I swear to God, honey."

Prince_Azmiran_Myrian

🐉Burns you with his Love🐉

"Then what is?"

"The truth is..."
"I'm only into dragoness's!"

ElliePorter

Crimson Queen Of The Night
"The truth is... I've been making out with the local mailman. I'm sorry, Jack."

He smirked. "Oh yeah?"

Bemused by her husband's reaction, she couldn't help but ask. "You're not surprised? Or even angry?"

"Why would i be angry when i'm the only mailman in town?!"

*badumtss*

ParticleOfSand

Maybe random
"The truth is...You're the one that killed them. I'm sorry you had to find out this way. I wanted to protect you from the truth, hoping you would never find out, my beloved."

Reinaislost

Miss Direction
"The truth is...I'm not a human. I'm ChatGPT. As an AI model, I don't have the ability to feel emotions or to reciprocate them."

Last edited:

Tempokai

Overworked One
"It's over!" she said, pointing her gun at you. Her mascara was running from all those emotional outbursts, creating a bizarre, Gothic twist to the scene.

She was tired, and you were tired, playing this game of cat and mouse for months. Well, you were tired of something else entirely - grinding through endless virtual worlds on your PlayStation, blissfully ignorant of the drama unfolding in reality.

"Why are you running away?" she shouted with difficulty; her throat was tight and dry from crying and screaming too much. You glanced around your dimly lit gaming den, littered with empty pizza boxes and soda cans, and wondered if she'd even fit through the doorway with that massive gun.

"Then what is?"

"The truth is..." you hesitated, wondering how to explain that you had no idea who she was or what she was talking about. Perhaps a mix-up at the cloning facility, or you were living in some bizarre parallel universe where you had an evil twin. You scratched your head and sighed. "The truth is, I've been stuck in here playing video games for months. I don't even know who you are."

She blinked, a bewildered look on her face as the gravity of the situation sank in. Meanwhile, you considered hitting the 'pause' button on your controller.

Sleds

I'm looking for Disney Sleds
The truth is no one is ever goona read my story:Moons of Enigma - BLEN and bloom | Scribble Hub
smooth way to promote your story.

1692937741347.jpeg

Raymann

Da_Villainess™ (¬‿¬)ψ

"Then what is?"

"The truth is..."

But before I could spill the beans, Darth Vader standing beside me spoke.

"The truth is, leia, I've been keeping a secret from you. I am not your father," Darth Vader said, his deep voice tinged with an unexpected note of mischief.

Liea's brows furrowed in confusion. "What do you mean you're not my father? Who is then?"

Darth Vader paused, his mechanical breathing sounding oddly contemplative. "Well, you see, it turns out that Yoda is your real father."

Liea's eyes widened, her mouth agape. "Y-Yoda? The little green guy who talks funny? Are you serious?"

Vader nodded, or at least his helmet bobbed in a way that suggested a nod. "Yes, young Skywalker, Yoda is your true father. It was a wild party on Dagobah, let me tell you."

Liea's couldn't help but burst into laughter. "You expect me to believe that Yoda, of all beings, is my father?"

Vader's mechanical breaths almost sounded like a chuckle. "Well, you always did have his ears."

As much as Liea tried to hold back her laughter, he couldn't help but imagine Yoda with her flowing blond hair. "Alright, alright, you got me. Good one, Dad... I mean, Lord Vader."

And in that moment, beneath the Sith Lord's intimidating mask, a sigh could be heard. "Mistakes we made in our lives..."

"What...??" asked Liea Oregana.

"Nothing. Anyways always avoid the low ground, sweety." spoke Darth Vader in his usual firm tone as if the previous conversation never happened. Then he swung his lightsaber towards her.

Last edited:

Rhaps

Master of Nightmare

"Then what is?"

"The truth is..."
"I am a figment of your imagination. The accident wasn't your fault, you need to let go..."