Finish Writing Dropped Story?

JayDirex

Have you guys ever gone back and finished writing a dropped story? I'm just curious, because I have one that I honestly dropped because of real life stuff happening, and now a year plus later...I sincerely want to finish it :blob_reach::sweating_profusely: Also, HOW LONG have you gone before coming back to it?

I guarantee there are BEAST writers that update two years later ^_^

Assurbanipal_II

Empress of the Four Corners of the World
Lol, by that standards I am still good in time. :ROFLMAO:

I stopped updating my first novel because of what I perceived as a lack of support. And after writing 200k. So the readers can't say it didn't try.

But I am contemplating to continue after burying for two months only.

Last edited:

TRNRLogan

Just finish your stories if you drop them because of lack of support/RL issues. Besides the fact it'll take time to finish and might not have people care shouldn't stop you from finishing things you like.

Owl

Nervous writer
A late, finished story is always better than a dropped story. People might reread when they see it's continuing/done, and it's nice to read the conclusion to something you couldn't finish reading before~

Samuel_Spader

Lol, by that standards I am still good in time. :ROFLMAO:

I stopped updating my first novel because of what I perceived as a lack of support. And after writing 200k. So the readers can't say it didn't try.

But I am contemplating to continue after burying for two months only.
Boy do I want you to continue 'Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum' soooo effin bad... I hope maybe someday?

Assurbanipal_II

Boy do I want you to continue 'Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum' soooo effin bad... I hope maybe someday?

:blob_cookie: After I wrote a little school arc, maybe. Currently, I am editing the early chapters to improve quality and update one day. If I get a critical mass of readers by then, I will certainly consider it. After all, Asami still has to take over the world.

Croma

I am a reader of stories. i cant wright for the life of me although i have some in my head. Now having said that there is one thing that drive me insane and that is a dropped story with no explanation. i understand real live is a pain and you sometimes feel you cant go on with the story for whatever reason, but please please let the readers know that you have stopped.
p.s: just because you don't have support now does not mean that no one likes it. It just means the right people have not read it yet.

TotallyHuman

Have you guys ever gone back and finished writing a dropped story? I'm just curious, because I have one that I honestly dropped because of real life stuff happening, and now a year plus later...I sincerely want to finish it :blob_reach::sweating_profusely: Also, HOW LONG have you gone before coming back to it?

I never really stopped wanting to revise my first story which I haven't updated for over a year now. As for when and if I do this...

Samuel_Spader

:blob_cookie: After I wrote a little school arc, maybe. Currently, I am editing the early chapters to improve quality and update one day. If I get a critical mass of readers by then, I will certainly consider it. After all, Asami still has to take over the world.
YAAAS! Just don't push yourself, though. It's just that characters like Asami is so rare in fanfics that finding your story is like finding a 24 carat diamond within a pile coppers and rocks.

Assurbanipal_II

YAAAS! Just don't push yourself, though. It's just that characters like Asami is so rare in fanfics that finding your story is like finding a 24 carat diamond within a pile coppers and rocks.

^_^ That makes me glad that some people appreciated the story. But what exactly about her was rare? O.o I just wrote her ... well, how she was.

Samuel_Spader

^_^ That makes me glad that some people appreciated the story. But what exactly about her was rare? O.o I just wrote her ... well, how she was.
Have you not seen the amount of Harem tagged isekai stories out there? And have you seen how many MCs are the typical 'Japanese pussy' kind? That's what I meant by rare. Yours is like *smack lips* noice-ly delicious. Just the 'no fucks given' attitude already made me extra moist.

Ahem, sorry about that, but yeah, that's about what I like about your Asami.

Assurbanipal_II

Have you not seen the amount of Harem tagged isekai stories out there? And have you seen how many MCs are the typical 'Japanese pussy' kind? That's what I meant by rare. Yours is like *smack lips* noice-ly delicious. Just the 'no fucks given' attitude already made me extra moist.

Ahem, sorry about that, but yeah, that's about what I like about your Asami.

Ah, that makes sense. :ROFLMAO:I don't read harems out of principle, so I probably notice this trait less.

D

Deleted member 1192

Also, HOW LONG have you gone before coming back to it?

LMFAO I FELT LIKE YOU HIT ME. Except the beast part of course. Lol. I went 2 years hiatus... Went missing in 2017, went back recently 2020. Sweet.
Not in this site though. LOL. What I wrote was fanfiction. Imagine my surprise when people came commenting like: I am I dreaming? Did this story really update? THANK HEAVENS. AHHHHHHHHHH

PS Still writing it btw. I'm planning to finish it before this year ends.

Legendary

A year I suppose, I went back to writing in for a month then dropping it again.. haha..

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
Going back to a dropped story sounds like dating an ex to me.

It depends on why you dropped the story or why you broke up with the person.

JayDirex

LMFAO I FELT LIKE YOU HIT ME. Except the beast part of course. Lol. I went 2 years hiatus... Went missing in 2017, went back recently 2020. Sweet.
Not in this site though. LOL. What I wrote was fanfiction. Imagine my surprise when people came commenting like: I am I dreaming? Did this story really update? THANK HEAVENS. AHHHHHHHHHH

PS Still writing it btw. I'm planning to finish it before this year ends.

Hahhaha! I knew you Authors were out there! :ROFLMAO: :blobrofl: