First web novel you've finished reading

Tempokai

Overworked One
Ditto. My first that I've finished reading fully to the end was the good translation of the Konosuba novel. I remember slacking off in my previous job just to finish it, and oh boy, it was worth it.

What about you?

arkyum

Now that you have said it, I have not completed a single webnovel or LN well wait I have completed the overlord series, yes I have caught up to latest one and waiting for the next part.

Apart from that no other work has interested me to read it in it's entirety.

Corty

Sneaking in, stealing your socks.
Stellar Transformation

If my memory holds that was the first. Or Coiling Dragon. One of the two.

ThomasBricks

My first webnovel that I completely finished was "A Game To Make Him Fall"/"The Probability I Can Kill My Wife Without Being Found Out"; It's a two-part novel written from two perspectives, the Man and the Woman in the relationship. It's more of a small "stationroman"(this is a literal translation, idk the English word).

The first 'actual' webnovel I read on the net was "Kenkyo, Kenjitsu o Motto ni Ikite Orimasu"/"I Will Live with Humility and Dependability as My Motto" It's a japanese webnovel making fun of the light shojou novels being written at the time (2014-2017), although it has been on hiatus since 2017, it's fully translated and a really funny read! The original website had tons of pictures and explanations about the cultural references, but I believe the website doesn't work anymore, so only text has been preserved on some other sites.

But yeah, I've read novels and online novels throughout my whole day, on the bicycle, the tram, in the car and while walking. XD

(English) sources:
translation: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12561123/1/Kenkyo-Kenjitsu-wo-Motto-ni-Ikiteorimasu

Le_ther

Ditto. My first that I've finished reading fully to the end was the good translation of the Konosuba novel. I remember slacking off in my previous job just to finish it, and oh boy, it was worth it.

What about you?
ORV or LOTM

Been a while since I have read both

Jemini

Might want to specify here. By "finishing a webnovel," do you mean getting current with it, or actually finishing it? The difference is that the former means you've read everything the author has written on the story, and the latter means you have read everything the author has written on the story and the story is also finished.

If it's the former, becoming current with the story, then the first series I managed to do this with would be Death March to Another World. If you mean the latter, actually finishing the completed work, the first webnovel I did this with would be Mushoku Tensei.

I would also add, it seems so incredibly infrequent for authors to finish a webnovel that I finished Mushoku Tensei years and several dozen other webnovels between after reading Death March that I picked up and finished Mushoku Tensei. Also, I got current on the majority of those other series that I read.

To date, I think I can still count the number of webnovels I've finished on one hand, while I have lost count of the number of webnovels I've become current with and the number is in the several dozen range.

Daitengu

SAO actually lol. This was back before the anime, and Alitization was machine translated and posted on a forum.

After that was mahou tensei then Shield hero. Not too many web novels actually finish.

Minx

Procrastinator Mongrel
Lord of The Mysteries, it's really good once you eventually get into it.

Horny_Gentleman

Battle Through The Heaven.

It's the only one I've finished reading till now.. ended up dropping all the rest that I've started either because of them being dropped by the author, slow updates after catching up with the novel and ofcourse being bored of it.

Fox-Trot-9

Foxy, the fluffy butt-stabber!
First one I've finished reading was ORCHID by Y.S. Wong back in the good old days of FictionPress in 2013.

Chaos_Sinner777

Imprisoned Soul Seeking Isekai
I haven't really gotten into tooo many webnovels specifically. The only one that I know I've finished is shield hero. The other four I can think of off the top of my head I either dropped in favor of the Light Novel version, or stopped getting translated where I was reading them. Def need more of the World if Overflowing with Monsters though.

ACertainPassingUser

Re Zero

The writing quality is very high. Huge world building with deep lore and lots of exploration, fluid Plot writing that also very realistic and convincing, with character depth, and even chronological Consequences (every action they do in the past makes them the person today). With chronological consequences, a mere character development is just another thing that were expected to happen.

Those trap catgirl, 400yo lolis, and fanservice maid have actual cause and effects to their personalities. Even the jerks, psycho killer, and arrogant bastards also have cause and effect with their character development.

You're not just going to see the development, but also the person they was before, how they realistically even develop to this point, and how they will develop in story, plus the possible development in future.

This also One of the extremely rare story where Bandit can actually defeat our otherworlder MC.

Re Zero also potray the power of those Fantasy people perfectly when compared to our world.

Many people think Rezero MC is just weak just because he's Otaku.
Nope.

Natsuki Subaru is actually very strong and near olympic level in our world standard, but those abilities were nothing compared to normal person over there.

He's the genius who know how to cook, play hard games efficiently, and know lots of world knowledge. His problem solving skill is very good, complete with martial art and body training.

It's just he's been under inferiority complex due to his father + one embarrassing incident that make people avoid him, making it hard to make friends.

As shown in story, he manage to socially interact just fine if nobody knew his past embarrassing incident.

When I first read this Web Novel, I thought this is the standard writing quality of usual Webnovel and I have been confused with the difference between LN and WN since both versions of Re Zero were very high quality.

Only after reading some bad fanfic and standard webnovel that I finally understand the whole quality difference between Webnovel and Light Novel and other stuff, also how great is Re Zero when compared to our usual shit Isekai webnovel.

Re zero is a Must read for Isekai fans and potential writer.

Last edited:

georgelee5786

2024 Shovel Duel Champion
probably being a mage is boring, so I created a class for myself