For the first time in my life I am faced with... homophobia???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prince_Azmiran_Myrian

🐉Burns you with his Love🐉
Well I wouldn't call that true homophobia, that would be more I identify as an attack helicopter, but that's just some Catholic person trying to spread the idea of their religion into your head.
Orthodox are not Catholic.
Well if being gay is a sin and warrants hell, we are free to sin so much more and really what is in heaven a gay person would ever want?
The same person that will be the joy of everyone, God.

Voidiris

Gaze into the abyss to truly see?

Nevafrost

Well-known newbie author
Also, my god says that we (his believer) should NOT impose our ideals on anyone. The MAXIMUM is we can try to convince them with nice words. If they aren't willing to do it, then just leave them be.

TheUnsuspicious

This will be my last comment in this thread... I do not want too much controversy on my activity page...
He had no right to snub his nose at an entire group of people, who have done nothing to him. Heck, I even believe he has never met a gay person in his life. Not that I have, either, but there was this nice transgender person I used to chat in German with.
I can't understand how you concluded that they were harassing any particular group whatsoever... Seriously.
Also, while I'll believe that the German person is kind, just like you said, there will always be very nice people regardless of the group they belong to.... but I guess I'm just blabbering here.

am an atheist, but if God existed, then he wouldn't have hated people for being born the way he created them.
Well, same with me, I'm also an atheist.... or an agnostic? Whatever, not wasting my time on those terms. I know what I believe.

This thread is not a shame thread, but just my amazement that such people, people who would hate blindly, exist.
Hate? But... where is the hate? When did the commenter express hatred or show any signs of hating others?
I mean, just like how I can disagree with your actions, but that doesn't mean I hate you!

And couldn't we also consider this thread as blind hate towards the commenter? From my perspective, you didn't present sufficient evidence for why the commenter deserves your dislike.

Have you excluded any other comments?

If that makes me a bigot, then I will proudly wear that title.
If you are a bigot, you are not a bigot because you are shaming others. You are a bigot because you've assumed their entire belief system based on a short paragraph.....

I apologize if my comment came off as antagonizing; I don't wish to make enemies here. Although I won't be commenting further on this thread, I would love hearing your viewpoint regarding how you perceive that comment as carrying hateful intent towards a particular group.

RepresentingEnvy

En-Chan Queen Vampy!
And couldn't we also consider this thread as blind hate towards the commenter? From my perspective, you didn't present sufficient evidence for why the commenter deserves your dislike.
The commenter did something stupid. You don't tell an author to write something different, even if you think you are being "polite." It's what you would call a dick move. Now, does that mean that the commenter is stupid because they did something stupid? No. But it is definitely not "polite" just because they used nice words.

An overreaction from Dora? Maybe. If you can afford to give leniency to a commenter who was rude, then you can also give leniency to Dora. We all be people at the end. Well, you guys are humans and I am a vampire, but it applies.

Voidiris

Gaze into the abyss to truly see?
Mind explaining how he is evil? Why do you think that?
He created this reality, he allowed every form of sin and suffering, of course the good stuff too but that only happens through some form of loss.
I honestly don't care about that above because I don't even belief in evil, I'm just a LBGT+ atheist that hates Christianity and everything related.
Mind explaining how he is evil? Why do you think that?
She is right, we both know that we will never change the others opinion.

Nevafrost

Well-known newbie author
He created this reality, he allowed every form of sin and suffering, of course the good stuff too but that only happens through some form of loss.
Are you talking about god allowing every form of sin and suffering? Correct me if I'm wrong.

Prince_Azmiran_Myrian

🐉Burns you with his Love🐉
I honestly don't care about that above because I don't even belief in evil, I'm just a LBGT+ atheist that hates Christianity and everything related.
I understand.
She is right, we both know that we will never change the others opinion.
I just wanted to know if what I expecting was right. You confirmed my thoughts.

Tsuru

Robot
Imagining writing a whole wall of text, then discovering it was for naught because of one sentence brain didn’t read.
*Uno reverse card*
Baka.

1) The wall of text is correct
2) The edit part, is about the 2nd guy/2ND COMMENT dude that harassed him with "Burn in h### by All##"
3) I was talking about the fact the 2nd comment was A THREATENING COMMENT unlike 1st one. And this "bonus post" was basically saying : "Now that mention this detail that i didnt see, isnt it illegal? so report it" WHICH BTW, 2nd author said he did.

Its you that didnt read correctly, "because of one sentence brain didnt read"

Last edited:

tiaf

ゞ(シㅇ3ㅇ)っ•♥•Speak fishy, read BL.•♥•
*Uno reverse card*
Baka.

1) The wall of text is correct
2) The edit part, is about the 2nd guy/2ND COMMENT dude that harassed him with "Burn in h### by All##"
3) I was talking about the fact the 2nd comment was A THREATENING COMMENT unlike 1st one. And this "bonus post" was basically saying : "Now that mention this detail that i didnt see, isnt it illegal? so report it" WHICH BTW, 2nd author said he did.

Its you that didnt read correctly, "because of one sentence brain didnt read"
Makes it even worse because then it would be a load of crap.

Why the fuck are people trying to defend the commenter that randomly demands that people should change the genre they write??

Tsuru

Robot
Though I won't call it a nuisance, I do agree that there's no way anyone would have just listen to the commenter. So for me, I'll call it – a brave but ineffective thing to do.

Fair enough. What you are saying is that other than the method of how someone shares their belief (so violent or not). The demand that is required in order to change (so how much it changes one's life) is also included. Good point.

So our main differences is the fact that I do not consider the 'significance in what degree of change is demanded' as something of a heavy variable, so roughly 8:2 in terms of variable of method and variable of demand, while for you, you consider them roughly equal in terms of weight, so maybe 5:5.

What matters is that I do not put the weight of that variable as much as you.

And because of that, you consider the comment as... actually idk what you think of that comment.... Harmful? Offensive? Stupid? Anyway, although I still think it is completely harmless, I'll respect yours.

However, that doesn't change my mind that the way the OP reacted is simply excessive, all OP needed to do was answer plainly or just ignore the commenter. Making a thread talking about it was unnecessary. Imagine yourself trying to share your belief only to be met with this kind of response. You really think they deserve it?

If you genuinely think the OP's response was fair.... then let's agree to disagree.
Brother/sister Unsuspicious
Dont bother.
I mean, look at what he said to me :

Zirrboy :
>>>The only thing I was able to gather from it is that this person saw core Bulgarian values, in which they apparently include heterosexuality, disregarded and requested compliance.<<<<<

Gosh the arrogance exuded from their words, is palpable.
Imagine a fan writing a request, in a cordial tone that is like 80% similar to how kind a small kid or a kind priest ask.
And THIS^
He had no right to snub his nose at an entire group of people, who have done nothing to him. Heck, I even believe he has never met a gay person in his life. Not that I have, either, but there was this nice transgender person I used to chat in German with.

Just the thought that someone who is that nice can be excluded from humanity makes my blood boil.

I am an atheist, but if God existed, then he wouldn't have hated people for being born the way he created them.

This thread is not a shame thread, but just my amazement that such people, people who would hate blindly, exist.

If that makes me a bigot, then I will proudly wear that title.
1) He didnt snub his nose at an entire group of people. He simply state he didnt like it ("sadden me"). He didnt say he hate nor shouldnt exist, etc.
ALSO HE TALKING ABOUT FICTION (BL) !

2) "who have done nothing to him"
He also have done nothing to you beside asking a potential request, that himself/herself wasnt sure if you would, so added "if you want to of course" , ASK ANYONE ON INTERNET, who the f, would politely add this to their comments ? Its 2024 where toxicity are off the charts and rivaling China-internet. What you had is basically a pure flower in this putrid-rotten internet.

3) "never met a gay person in his life"
Twitter assumption ?
Its like Stellar blade journalism : I bet the director never touched a woman in his life
What you did is a mocking attack.

3.5) "Not that i have either"....... And why do you have more arrogance than him then?
3.7) "But there was this trans in germany" and what proof do you have the commenter also didnt encounter their own fair share of trans just like you did ?

4) "who is that nice can be excluded from humanity makes my blood boil."
So basically, the whole rant, was basically a emotional one to defend this "germany trans" ?
This point aside.
Where the heck, did you see the COMMENT say "GET OUT OF THE WORLD, my religion said so !!!!!" ??????????
The dude simply said "I have XXX religion" as the reason why he is not FAN of BL
AT WORSE, what was bad about his comment is : "I kindly suggest that you should try to learn more about orthodoxy"
BUT EVEN THEN he said "kindly suggest". For some people it sound neutral, some hear it evilly, some hear it "kindly", so its impossible to EVERYONE to have the same view on this, as the "voice tone" is missing. Also it sounds like "dad lecturing" which isnt helping to be liked, which probably a reason it ticked you off.
BUT NONETHELESS : Where the heck, did you see in the comment "DENYING THE EXISTENCE OF YOUR trans FRIEND"???????

5) "I am an atheist, but if God existed, then he wouldn't have hated people for being born the way he created them."
I am also atheist (previously catholic)
FOR ONCE, you said something correct. "if god existed, then he wouldnt have hated people for being born the way he created them"
Well kinda incorrect, bc of the theory he left bc he feared what he has created. But we wont talk about this.

6) "This thread is not a shame thread, but just my amazement that such people, people who would hate blindly, exist."
THEN DONT GO spamming buzz words and writing sentences like twitter.
Title : Homophobia comment
Was already problematic.
AND WORSE : You just did the twitter move of "categorizing". You put the commenter in "THIS GROUP OF PEOPLE"
Also i repeat : WHERE THE FUDGE DID YOU SEE IN HIS COMMENT THAT HE HATES TRANS/GAY !!!!!!!!???????????????????????????
He simply expressed his religion, likes/dislikes, badly tried to invite to join religion.
3/4 is innocent. The last part INDEED IS IRKING "it still irks me that he tried to force his religious belief on me."
BUT NOT A REASON TO BASH THEM THAT HARD !
And publicly say : OH LOOK DUDE IS HOMOPHOBIC ! (title = giant sign to public)

7) "If that makes me a bigot, then I will proudly wear that title."
Wrong. Its you that treat others as bigot. You look like a woke twitter over-emotional person.
That is also why i try to reduce emotions, so i dont turn into one of "this" over-emotional people.
-------------------
Someone said : OP, don't worry about what that commenter said you can't please everyone with your work so don't try. Also if they keep pestering you I think you can block them.
And doravg replied : Already done, just to be safe.

What the heck?????
-----------------
Seriously you disappoint me doravg.
Its not about trans/gay/lesb debate.
But that you act like this shitty twitter/instagram peoples that spew nonsense with their brain turned off.

PostScriptum :
You also remind me of the old drama of author : whatsawhizzer
Dude bashed his commenters, as "poor" and "should stfu"
when people tried to help by saying the typos in chapters.
But you, are simply the "modern version" of it. The 2024 woke kind.
Makes it even worse because then it would be a load of crap.

Why the fuck are people trying to defend the commenter that randomly demands that people should change the genre they write??
(Facepalm)
Well I wouldn't call that true homophobia, that would be more I identify as an attack helicopter, but that's just some Catholic person trying to spread the idea of their religion into your head.
------------------
Well if being gay is a sin and warrants hell, we are free to sin so much more and really what is in heaven a gay person would ever want?
^
+1
-------------
The "original comment" was wrong to try to invite to their religion.

But GOSH, OP going to
"this is homophobia, this person deny the existence of my trans friend, THIS PERSON IS ATTACKING ANOTHER GROUP"
is
far
over
the top
= twitter-like too much

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.