For the first time in my life I am faced with... homophobia???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidiris

Gaze into the abyss to truly see?
What the fudge? I mean, isn't it just nonsense? Like, if I commit a sin, then isn't it my fault for doing it? How the fudge is it God who allowed or created it? I don't understand.
God is an almighty creature that created everything, so he must have created sin too or at least the predecessor, wouldn't god be able to just create a perfect utopia where everybody can be happy? Well now you you probably think of something like Eden, god created Satan, no matter how you look at it, Satan gave humanity knowledge about good and evil.

It's like giving a person the option to shoot someone, making the person liable to shoot someone and doing nothing when you know the person will shoot someone.

Nevafrost

Well-known newbie author
God is an almighty creature that created everything, so he must have created sin too or at least the predecessor, wouldn't god be able to just create a perfect utopia where everybody can be happy? Well now you you probably think of something like Eden, god created Satan, no matter how you look at it, Satan gave humanity knowledge about good and evil.

It's like giving a person the option to shoot someone, making the person liable to shoot someone and doing nothing when you know the person will shoot someone.
God gave us conscience for a reason. He gave us two options. Good or evil. It's me who can choose. If he created utopia, then it wouldn't be the world we live in. We would just be puppets. The good things are good because we know there is something called bad or evil. God already warned us about the consequences we would have to face for doing something evil. If I still commit sins, then isn't it just me being stupidly stupid?

Voidiris

Gaze into the abyss to truly see?
God gave us conscience for a reason. He gave us two options. Good or evil. It's me who can choose. If he created utopia, then it wouldn't be the world we live in. We would just be puppets. The good things are good because we know there is something called bad or evil. God already warned us about the consequences we would have to face for doing something evil. If I still commit sins, then isn't it just me being stupidly stupid?
First, do you know how many definitions of good exist.

Second, do you know that moral dilemmas exist.

Third, do you know how many bibles exist or even religions exist, we both know that goods ways are unknown so how do you want to know what book or religion his true religion is. Did you even read the Bible once completely?

Fourth, no matter in what kind of world we live in we will be puppets, deterministic or fatalistic, something does always control us, or even only our "human nature", we a puppets to it, to the way we were born, if you don't believe me ask why a (born) psychopath (or another intrinsic mental illness) why they behave like they do, now ask yourself why that is so and why you (or some other lifeform) should be any different.

Fifth, good and evil is either the result of our own egoism or/and the things our environment thought us, I can't remember being born with something like a intrinsic knowledge of good and evil, but I can remember how animals kill each other for their own egoistic goals, in other words they do what it takes to survive.

Sixth, being anything but hetero, wearing polyester and eating pigs is all a sin. At least for the Bible but there are so many under religions to the catholic church that should have their own sins, there should be even one where praying to God is all you have to do to go to heaven even if you worship satan, but I have forgotten that one.

Seventh, you just said (indirectly) that people that belong to LBGT+ are stupid, that's what I would call religious inspired negative LBGT+ even if not intended but you are at least by doing that loyal to your religion, even if you shouldn't hate the sinner but the sin, but like a good song once said "Don't hate the sinner, hate the sin. As if that's any better."

Eighth, I would if hell exist go there because from what I know all those that I like will go there as well. Being for all eternity isn't that bad perse, I might only have chronic pain but I would sill prefer a thousand times that pain over a place full of catholic people every day.

Status
Not open for further replies.