Found out a feature exists today.

• Thread starter Deleted member 113259
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 113259

Apparently, you can stop certain people from replying to threads. (Maybe it's a mod thing. Don't know.)

I found this out when I saw the trans person ranting about a bad review and was accused of being a bigot for acknowledging the simple fact that Christianity isn't actually a hateful religion based on their own experience with several churches.

I was going to make a reply to the person calling the other a bigot by acknowledging how they put someone down for siding with people they don't like when in reality they do not know anything about these people they detest and choose to attack people based on their religion. That of course would make them the bigot, not the ranter.

Unfortunately, I do not have "sufficient privileges" to reply to that specific thread.

LuoirM

Voidiris' enthusiast feet enjoyer.
1688783039155.png

I commented nice

D

Deleted member 113259

Maybe she blocked you? Does blocking someone stop their posts on your threads?

it might also have JUST gotten mod locked in general.

Either way, looks like I had your back this time :P
I don't believe that's what's happening because all you'd have to do is hide messages, but yeah. You're cool.

Last edited by a moderator:

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
Unfortunately, I do not have "sufficient privileges" to reply to that specific thread.
As far as I know, Xenforo does not have any function that allows users to stop others users from posting on specific threads.

Mods can block a given poster from posting in a specific thread, but I cannot see how that would have happened in the context of this thread.

My best guess is that a server error occurred and the insufficient privileges message appeared.

Try posting there again and see if it goes through.

If the problem persists, then it's almost guaranteed to be a bug or a mistake from a mod. PM Tony about it though, since he can check it for you.

D

Deleted member 113259

As far as I know, Xenforo does not have any function that allows users to stop others users from posting on specific threads.

Mods can block a given poster from posting in a specific thread, but I cannot see how that would have happened in the context of this thread.

My best guess is that a server error occurred and the insufficient privileges message appeared.

Try posting there again and see if it goes through.

If the problem persists, then it's almost guaranteed to be a bug or a mistake from a mod. PM Tony about it though, since he can check it for you.
Nah I still can't do it. Posted what I wanted to say here though so I have no more interest in that thread.

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
Nah I still can't do it. Posted what I wanted to say here though so I have no more interest in that thread.
Oh, wait, I think I know what happened.

That was the thread you and Anon randomly summoned me for no reason instead of reporting people for talking about Religion.

I reported your and Anon's posts for hijacking, and the hijacking posts were deleted.

The mods must have also blocked the both of you from posting on the thread again.

D

Deleted member 113259

Oh, wait, I think I know what happened.

That was the thread you and Anon randomly summoned me for no reason instead of reporting people for talking about Religion.

I reported your and Anon's posts for hijacking, and the hijacking posts were deleted.

The mods must have also blocked the both of you from posting on the thread again.
Oh, so it's your fault. @Anon2023 can you post on that thread?

Anon2024

????????? (???/???)
No wonder the forums are allowed to get so crazy.
It's actually because all the mods are mostly on discord and don't bother with the forum itself. lol.
They'll come every once in a while, but the forums are not a money maker.