Free feedback thread. No Gl or smut, or incest. NO INCEST! (Closed)

Spilled_Soup

I'd like to hear your thoughts

doravg

105/4001 (too lazy to count the stories again.)
I'd like to hear your thoughts

done

Neiryl

Feel Free to look into my book, if you are free.
1655018895403.jpg

Link => The Omniscient Author

LiteraryWho

What an admirable goal. I'm not sure my writing will be of any help to you, but I'd still appreciate your feedback if you're still giving it.

My story, Nova is an action story about mercenaries in a sci-fi/fantasy setting. I put a lot of effort into making the world feel very grounded, and (hopefully) having some fun characters and an interesting plot.

doravg

Feel Free to look into my book, if you are free.
View attachment 14413
Link => The Omniscient Author
done.
What an admirable goal. I'm not sure my writing will be of any help to you, but I'd still appreciate your feedback if you're still giving it.

My story, Nova is an action story about mercenaries in a sci-fi/fantasy setting. I put a lot of effort into making the world feel very grounded, and (hopefully) having some fun characters and an interesting plot.
done
Ten reviews done. I wish I could get a badge for reviewing.

Last edited:

LiteraryWho

done.

done
Ten reviews done. I wish I could get a badge for reviewing.
Thank you very much for the feedback :D

You are a true American hero :D :D

Edit: also, would you mind if I asked you a few in depth questions about your experience? There are a few things I was trying to get across, which didn't seem to make it.

Last edited:

doravg

Thank you very much for the feedback :D

You are a true American hero :D :D

Edit: also, would you mind if I asked you a few in depth questions about your experience? There are a few things I was trying to get across, which didn't seem to make it.
Sure, ask away.

LiteraryWho

Sure, ask away.
great :D

What were your thoughts on the PoV change (from first to third person) between the first and second section (from the action scene to the classroom scene)? Also, in the first scene, did you notice the "slippage" in time (where the fight jumped from the beginning to the end)? And, if so, what did you think I was going for (i.e. why did you think I included it there)?

doravg

great :D

What were your thoughts on the PoV change (from first to third person) between the first and second section (from the action scene to the classroom scene)? Also, in the first scene, did you notice the "slippage" in time (where the fight jumped from the beginning to the end)? And, if so, what did you think I was going for (i.e. why did you think I included it there)?
Well, the POV change was necessary. Just use it carefully. Some people find too many POV changes annoying.
The second one confused me. I thought that the MC author was playing a game. (You meant when he blinked and ended up in the classroom at the end of the period, right?)
What slippage in time? I tend not to pay too much attention to fight scenes.

LiteraryWho

Thanks for the answers :)

It's hard to get different perspectives on one's own writing, so it's nice to hear what other people saw in it.

Good luck working on your writing. Sampling different genres is a good idea, though I suggest you mix in a few published books as well, to get a feel for professionally edited prose.

Jailbreak571

Former CEO of Kamazon. Active lurker
Can you review this thing? A new writer by the way. Just a few weeks ago.

Also, If you want you could read the original one and compare them if you like.

doravg

Can you review this thing? A new writer by the way. Just a few weeks ago.

Also, If you want you could read the original one and compare them if you like.
done