Genderbent dudes in yuri is weirdly common

OP1000

Why is it so common and how can we convince more writers to just skip the genderbending step for yuri? I haven't come across a gb yuri that made me think "wow, the fact that the original soul was a cis dude has really made an interesting and positive impact on the storytelling!" it just feels a little odd in a way I'm not sure how to explain
I agree. Most of the stories that I have read do not really explore the themes that such stories can have in great detail, quickly resolving the protagonist's initial reactions to the changes that they undergo and then moving on to the main plot.

BearlyAlive

Certfied Super Secret Final Secret Final Boss
The same reason every story has to be isekai as well. Speedwagon. No, wait, that's a jojo reference... I mean bandwagon. They want to grab some of those bottom feeders that hunger for cheap, unhealthy food that will kill them.

There's no reason to not just outright write a "princely", "male-ish" or tomboyish female character and give them a somewhat believeable backstory as for why they like girls instead of going 'hurrdurr got isekaied into a vagoo, time to fondle muh boobies, hehehe" every time...

They literally cut their main characters short. And no, that was no castration joke, don't be a dick.

Zinless

How do I
If it was a beat em up, you'd have just done a triple combo
Get burned.
Triple Combo-min.png

Ilikewaterkusa

You have to take out their families...
Why is it so common and how can we convince more writers to just skip the genderbending step for yuri? I haven't come across a gb yuri that made me think "wow, the fact that the original soul was a cis dude has really made an interesting and positive impact on the storytelling!" it just feels a little odd in a way I'm not sure how to explain
A lot of horny dudes would become female and lesbian to fuck fuck fuck. They don't think about the story they want seggs.