Glossary and changing/deleting chapters

Bartun

Friendly Saurian Neighbor
Greetings, readers and fellow writers!

It's me again, sorry for bothering you so frequently but I wanted to ask if someone had a similar dilemma. I just found out about the Glossary page where you can add items, characters, locations, and stuff (I thought it was just the full list of chapters).

My problem is I added some stuff like character profiles as a chapter and I realized that info could very well go to Glossary but then I asked myself, what happens when you delete a chapter? I once tried to move that chapter to the end but found out my reader's chapter counter got messed up.

Just wanted to ask before making the move. Sorry if this is a stupid question.

ModernGold7ne

That fly you can't swat.
Greetings, readers and fellow writers!

It's me again, sorry for bothering you so frequently but I wanted to ask if someone had a similar dilemma. I just found out about the Glossary page where you can add items, characters, locations, and stuff (I thought it was just the full list of chapters).

My problem is I added some stuff like character profiles as a chapter and I realized that info could very well go to Glossary but then I asked myself, what happens when you delete a chapter? I once tried to move that chapter to the end but found out my reader's chapter counter got messed up.

Just wanted to ask before making the move. Sorry if this is a stupid question.
It disappears and your total views decrease, other than that no consequence, unless you have tons of readers, then there's a possibility for backlash.

Bartun

It disappears and your total views decrease, other than that no consequence, unless you have tons of readers, then there's a possibility for backlash.
Only a handful of readers, but yeah, thanks for the data!

Cipiteca396

More Gasoline 🎶
Keep in mind that the glossary isn't as versatile as an actual chapter. It's best to save a copy somewhere in case something goes horrifically wrong. Speaking from personal experience there.

Bartun

Keep in mind that the glossary isn't as versatile as an actual chapter. It's best to save a copy somewhere in case something goes horrifically wrong. Speaking from personal experience there.
Thanks for the advice! Yeah, I was planning to do a copy-paste of the chapter contents elsewhere.