Writing Prompt God's Little Plaything

Average

Premise:
MC gets "Death Points" for making their sponsor god amused or maybe just not bored.
0 Death points = permanent elimination/replacement on next death
1 Death point = random rebirth, maybe factored by luck stat
5 Death Points = limited selection of choices for rebirth that are chosen by the god.
10 Death Points = custom creation of situation(could gain Death Points by picking amusing situation)
100 Death Points = Temporary lower deity status, some sort of sub-god for a specified amount of time(maybe?).

Goal:
Either MC's personality mirroring or rebelling from the gods' own.
From there, becoming either a follower or trying and slip out from under the god.

Notes:
The personality of the god chosen could greatly change the story. A gracious god could elicit a kind and caring MC, while a devil-type god could create a kind of insane character out for destruction and confusion. Personally, I think a Loki-like personality would probably fit with the storyline and make the most narrative sense.

ModernGold7ne

That fly you can't swat.
Premise:
MC gets "Death Points" for making their sponsor god amused or maybe just not bored.
5 Death Points = limited selection of choices for rebirth that are chosen by the god.
10 Death Points = custom creation of situation(could gain Death Points by picking amusing situation)
100 Death Points = Temporary lower deity status, some sort of sub-god for a specified amount of time(maybe?).

Goal:
From there, becoming either a follower or trying and slip out from under the god.

Notes:
The personality of the god chosen could greatly change the story. A gracious god could elicit a kind and caring MC, while a devil-type god could create a kind of insane character out for destruction and confusion. Personally, I think a Loki-like personality would probably fit with the storyline and make the most narrative sense.
So, a Korean comic.

SailusGebel

I will have to look into Korean comics than. This was me reinventing the wheel I guess.
This isn't you reinventing the wheel. This is people on this forum once again not caring about the forum rules and where they respond. They should've answered with writing, not a discussion. Anyway, the topic has already been derailed, so I recommend checking Reincarnation of the Suicidal Battle God. Not exactly what you mentioned, but somewhat close.

BearlyAlive

Certfied Super Secret Final Secret Final Boss
The premise (and the terribly unfitting name of the points) depend on both your god and your MC.

If you were to take nordic god Loki for example, then it would turn into a comedy no matter what he or the MC do. Because yes, in most mythological texts Loki is depicted as somewhat of a goof. Everything he does backfires in the end. He was a trickster god, but pretty far from the mysterious mastermind most scources make him out to be. Funny enough the Marvel movies did a somewhat accurate Loki.

Depending on the MC all of this could either turn into divine obstruction or divine plot armor, depending on which way to go. Loki might send MC a fish instead of a sword only for the enemy to die on a fishbone instead of a blade that couldn't wound them anyway.

doravg

132/4001 (finally counted the stories)
Premise:

Goal:

Notes:
To write Loki? Well, I think I will call him Robert Birsly. So, I can get away with calling him Bobby B. I think it is time to write my first Isekai. See what the fuss is all about.

doravg

I wrote the first 10k words, but I named the poor sod Andrew, and got him in a romance with Loki. I think that it was not what you meant. At the rate I am writing the book, it should be done in less than ten days. So, yeah, I will post the link in here when it gets done.

doravg

It ended a novelette. Isekai is tiring to write. Tomorrow, I will post a link to it.

ElijahRyne

A Hermit that is NOT that Lazy…
All are bound by chain to the God of Fate’s web. No mortal, and very few gods, have escaped their whims. No, there is no escape, no success, no change, nothing that the God doesn’t want to happen will happen. The chains… the accursed chains are what gave it power. The more the other end was entangled, the more power they gained.
So, all beings had to play a game based on favor. The rules are not known, but the consequences are. Some deemed themselves smart enough to reverse engineer the rules. Yet, no pattern could be found. The God of Fate knew all to well that people were bound to worship the unknown and grand.

But, that god failed due to one simple thing. No matter how much a person was bound, manipulated, and chained, their body and soul was theirs. All beings had freedom flowing through the heart, and nothing could stop that. They had eyes that could see, and ears that could hear. The first mortal to throw off the yolk was Stirner, with his boundless ego. Next was us, and then them. Like dominos the chains unraveled and decayed until all were free, at least for now.