Good and Bad Things about new Webnovel's Readers (My Experience)

RaizarP

A Giga Chad
As stated in the title, I will give you what changed in SH after new readers from Webnovel arrived.

The good thing is, a lot of novels got a new review from the new readers from Webnovel. I saw some novels got a lot of reviews in just 2 days.

The bad thing is, the review often... harsh? toxic? not all, but some didn't even make senses. Be prepared for that.

RaizarP

A Giga Chad
In what way do they not make sense? :blob_hmm_two: :blob_cookie:
If I should give an example, then this

Aaqil

Cookies!
If I should give an example, then this
Ha, I do hope none of that appears here, :blob_hmm_two:

The way Webnovel's reviews are seen, plus their userbase, makes it very tempting to post nonsense, :blob_hmm_two:
I don't believe people will try that here, especially when you can't comment on them, :blob_hmm_two: :blob_cookie:

Pujimaki

Padoru trash writer
I'm ready to face every shit they have, even if it's nasty and stinking. Joke aside, I'm waiting what will happen, maybe Webnovel will revoked their decision and return it to normal, and the new migrated readers will leave stanks before they return to Webnovel.

SailusGebel

Ha, I do hope none of that appears here, :blob_hmm_two:

The way Webnovel's reviews are seen, plus their userbase, makes it very tempting to post nonsense, :blob_hmm_two:
I don't believe people will try that here, especially when you can't comment on them, :blob_hmm_two: :blob_cookie:
You can also delete things(reviews, comments) in webnovel. At least you could do it before. That's why a majority of stories there have a 4.4+ rating. A lot of WN authors delete every little bit of criticism and almost every review with a rating below 4.

Paul_Tromba

Sleep deprived mess of a published author
You can also delete things(reviews, comments) in webnovel. At least you could do it before. That's why a majority of stories there have a 4.4+ rating. A lot of WN authors delete every little bit of criticism and almost every review with a rating below 4.
Which I never understood why that was a thing.

Ashgod7

I know that feeling and a single I'd can spam multiple reviews . one review a day for one book so some authors have around 150 + fake reviews from the same I'd.

SailusGebel

Which I never understood why that was a thing.
Thin skin and aggregator sites. The possibility of a random reader who isn't into web novels clicking on a random novel from WN at an aggregator site is higher when the said novel has a decent rating(4+). It doesn't matter how much SH authors say that ratings don't matter. Ratings matter the most for an average reader.

BigBadBoi

ginestly was too busy reading smut to notice this happening. Can I jave a qrd?

Nale

Thin skin and aggregator sites. The possibility of a random reader who isn't into web novels clicking on a random novel from WN at an aggregator site is higher when the said novel has a decent rating(4+). It doesn't matter how much SH authors say that ratings don't matter. Ratings matter the most for an average reader.
Completely true in my case honestly, but even then, I occasionally check if the story is actually worth the time or not if the Synopsis is even half-decent, which was an arduous task in itself I might say.

Edit: Huh, so apparently I only made this account recently. Guess the account I thought I had was for another web.