Recommendations Good Cultivation Novels on SH

ArrogantYoungMaster

Humblest Cultivator 🍵🫖
No novels with ultimate power cheat ability stealing systems, this daoist has been traumatized by a cultivator screaming "SYSTEM, HAHAHAHA" who exploded the sect's east gate.

Bobple

Severing Time & Space is a fun cultivation story.

I also enjoyed Fates Parallel, but that story is partly on Kindle/paid.

ArrogantYoungMaster

Humblest Cultivator 🍵🫖
Severing Time & Space is a fun cultivation story.

I also enjoyed Fates Parallel, but that story is partly on Kindle/paid.
This daoist has indeed read a part of this story, but has conflicting feelings about it.

TremendousHuman

Actual reason behind demographic problems

This is functionally a cultivation novel, namo Amitabbha.

Crazibrains

Cultivating a different type of energy

ACertainPassingUser

1.) Arrogant Young Master Template A Variation 4

In my opinion, this is a must read parody Xianxia story. It was good as it has lots of build up and progression.

I hate LitRPG with passion, and I still approve this one. The "system" simply works as interface status bar and never intervene, I cant even talk. I guarantee it's not annoying like those talking system made by author who doesn't understand how gaming HUD interface supposed to work.

There's even one time that the Cultivator around him notice vital thing about MC condition that MC can't realized even with his system. The system is shown to be actually useless sometimes, not just "such useless system" while it always help MC. The MC had to use witty and calculative thinking to survive, system is just a tool.

"While the novel title makes it sound lame, it's actually quite the cheeky comedy and the title makes sense in context. So dont be discouraged, it's well worth a read.

The story itself plays with genre tropes in a self-aware fashion that fits together comfortably. It's a strange thing, really. I don't want to go into detail and spoil it for anyone, so I suggest trying it out for yourself to see if it's something you might like, but if you hate cultivation novel tropes... you still might have fun with the way they are used."

The author, Livingspoon, also made a good Xianxia short stories based of popular tropes and genres here :

2.) Brother of the Divine Empress

"An incomplete side story that was originally in AYMTAV4, but got removed once the characters were removed. Ultimately unrelated and spoiler free.

Warning: Dropped and incomplete."

A good story with no system. This is a good way of showing how reincarnated protagonist would live in world of Xianxia Cultivator.

Even if this is short and discontinued, it's still better and quite original than most Cultivation stories you've seen. I actually would like to see it's continuation one day.

3.) Random Story Intros

Random stories written by LivingSpoon, with random qualities and no continuation.

It's mixed in genres, including Xianxia, school magic fantasy, and VRMMO. Basically every chapter is it's own story.

The Xianxia one were the chapter named :
1.) "Inconspicuous Shadow Elder"

A story of how a Transmigrator or Reincarnator live as an Nascent Soul elder of a sect, while he's trying to gain more cultivation resources by doing his job as the shadow bodyguard of his sect's arrogant young master.

its quite rare to see elder's side of story in Xianxia

And

2.) "No Cheat Cultivator"

A Reincarnated found himself in cultivation world and he's managed to be accepted as junior cultivator. But he didn't have a cheat, as the title explain. Now MC must find a way to cultivate normally without help of Cheat or OP powers.

Finally Cultivator MC with no cheat, let alone a system.

Well, those were cultivation stories I would recommend to read.

CheertheSecond

The second coming of CheertheDead
The "system" simply works as interface status bar and never intervene, I cant even talk
Yeah. I want a system that does not talk too.

Many times, I was turned off by the personalities of the system that I dropped the series entirely.

I must have a prejudice against those exposition spouting cheat interfaces.

ACertainPassingUser

I must have a prejudice against those exposition spouting cheat interfaces.
It would be weird not to, the stinky smell of shitty author intervention were too obvious.

Reading author's unfiltered opinion inside a story is too off putting, as those shitty system were usually author's real thoughts behind a screen.

ArrogantYoungMaster

Humblest Cultivator 🍵🫖
Still curious, what is it? Or was that your personal experience?
The elders had to activate the sect formation to take him out. This daoist was given the responsibility to repair the gate and its formation.

I live in the Formation Cloud Villa of Unceasing Rain Peak. My name is ArrogantYoungMaster. I'm a ??? years old peak-stage Core Formation cultivator. I believe in taking care of myself, and a balanced-elements qi-gathering array and rigorous meditation. In the morning, if my face is a little puffy, I'll put on a cold qi jade while doing my dantian refinement. I can do ten thousand circulations now. After I remove the cold qi jade I use a Mysterious Pearl Purification Cream. In the spiritwater spring I use a qi activated gelatinous cleansing cream, then a peach body scrub, and on the face a five elements purifying gel. Then I apply spirit-ginseng facial masque which I leave on for half an incense stick while I prepare the rest of my routine. I usually attach fake facial hair to my face, because having a long, flowing beard makes you look like a venerated grandmaster. Then a tier 5 qi-condensation pill, then a water-element eye balm followed by a final protective enchantment. There is an idea of an ArrogantYoungMaster. Some kind of abstraction. But there is no real me. Only an entity. Something illusory. And though I can hide my courting death, and you can divine sense my presence and feel mine sense yours, and maybe you can even sense our dao paths are probably comparable, I simply am not there.