Goodbye Webnovel Reader. Welcome ScribbleHub Reader

RaizarP

A Giga Chad
As the title said, goodbye for those who still love to read in Webnovel and welcome to those who come to love ScribbleHub.

They give up and it returned to how it was. (With no announcement or such, as usual)

It's not long, but glad to see you in SH.
For those who stay, I will warmly welcome you guys.

VeganMaster

To be fair, it was kind of expected for them to backtrack and give up on that decision, especially with the backlash they got from pulling this stunt :blob_joy::blob_joy:

I think PC users even spammed 1-star reviews on the app(tho they're likely deleted by now) :)))

Still, any goodwill I had for that platform has completely dried up. I'll probably keep uploading there just because that's where most of my readers are still.

As the title said, goodbye to those who still love to read in Webnovel, and welcome to those who come to love ScribbleHub.

They give up and it returned to how it was. (With no announcement or such, as usual)

It's not long, but glad to see you in SH.
For those who stay, I will warmly welcome you guys.
Yup I will stay here xD

RaizarP

A Giga Chad
To be fair, it was kind of expected for them to backtrack and give up on that decision, especially with the backlash they got from pulling this stunt :blob_joy::blob_joy:

I think PC users even spammed 1-star reviews on the app(tho they're likely deleted by now) :)))

Still, any goodwill I had for that platform has completely dried up. I'll probably keep uploading there just because that's where most of my readers are still.
Umu, welcome. SH has good UI and paragraph to upload novel.
Also, we have a ton of cookies here :blob_cookie::blob_cookie:

Aaqil

Cookies!
You did. They pretend to know nothing.
I wonder how this helped their profits, :blob_hmm_two:
I very much so doubt they hadn't already planned to backtrack when all this reached it's peak, so all that's left to do is wonder how much corporate nonsense exists for this to be a good business decision, :blob_hmm_two:

Deathilim

I very much so doubt they hadn't already planned to backtrack when all this reached it's peak, so all that's left to do is wonder how much corporate nonsense exists for this to be a good business decision, :blob_hmm_two:
They are trying to replicate the original app QIDIAN, but they haven't accounted that it's too early yet. But they arent going to stop thought. They are going to slowly remove functions after functions for the web until a PC reader have no choice to migrate to the app.

As for those that leave... WN don't give a shit, mostly. In all honesty, the update HEAVILY affected fanfic authors and new writers, but not old authors. New writers get most of their readers from fanfic readers and slowly accumulate until a paying reader notices the novel and pay to read.

In the end, the largest margin affected here are the fanfic authors. I'm curious though, why even upload fanfic at WN? fanfiction.net is better, Scribblehub, Royalroad and Ao3 are better alternatives.

WinterTimeCrime

Aggressive-Loving Snowflake
Does this have a fanfiction section
You can try Read > Series Finder > Fandom or click the Fanfiction button on the official ScribbleHub site. Or just search up the specific show/fanfic you're looking for in the search bar.

If you're however thinking of writing one, then yes, there are tons of readers for that stuff here too.

Chadim

They are trying to replicate the original app QIDIAN, but they haven't accounted that it's too early yet. But they arent going to stop thought. They are going to slowly remove functions after functions for the web until a PC reader have no choice to migrate to the app.
The (hardcore) PC readers should wait for a version with a working translation feature before they think about using an Android emulator.

GhermanSparrow13

As for those that leave... WN don't give a shit, mostly. In all honesty, the update HEAVILY affected fanfic authors and new writers, but not old authors. New writers get most of their readers from fanfic readers and slowly accumulate until a paying reader notices the novel and pay to read.

In the end, the largest margin affected here are the fanfic authors. I'm curious though, why even upload fanfic at WN? fanfiction.net is better, Scribblehub, Royalroad and Ao3 are better alternatives.

Wait a minute, can Fanfict also get a contract?
You know, I'm a newbie to the world of novels.

LostLibrarian

The majority of their profits is gained through the app.
With this, there surely will be a percentage of readers who switched to the app.
Those who screamed and left webnovel were never a problem anyway. Only the app ratings might have hurt them in the long run.

But for their profits, even with all the drama, they most likely gained more app readers who are one step closer to pay for chapters...

Ivair

I abandoned WebNovel, used it for many years but that last decision of theirs killed all the love i had for the platform. I looked for alternatives and found Scribbehub, along with Fanfiction.net that i've been using for a few years too, i don't intend to go back to that site that only knows how to scare readers. Welcome me my new countrymen!

Azad21

Başlığın dediği gibi, Webnovel'de okumayı hala sevenlere hoşçakalın ve ScribbleHub'ı sevmeye gelenlere hoş geldiniz.

Vazgeçtiler ve eski haline döndü. (Her zamanki gibi herhangi bir duyuru veya benzeri bir şey olmadan)

Uzun değil ama seni SH'de gördüğüme sevindim.
Kalanlar için sizi sıcak bir şekilde karşılayacağım.
Bunun ana nedeni (sahne arkası), daha basit bir ana sayfa ve istediğinizi bulmada daha hızlıdır. Bunu sende görmek isterim (google çeviri)

Murphy_

Wait a minute, can Fanfict also get a contract?
You know, I'm a newbie to the world of novels.
No. fanfics cannot be contracted. It goes against the IP Law. Technically, you can't even earn money off fanfics even through patreon, but tbh people don't really care.:blob_joy:
Anyway, I would have to thank WN for this move. I got the push that I needed to come back to this site. :blob_salute: