Hans' Year-Ender Illustrations 2023

• Thread starter Deleted member 54065
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 54065

Yeah, a good friend @Ran-Ron told me he's planning similar stuff, so I decided to join the bandwagon and post my art I did for each month (almost, since I do art in bursts).

So, here are (some of) my artworks from January 2023...

These are some of the characters from my current novel, and a cover from January, too.

For February 2023...

Yeah, as you may have noticed, I already uploaded these images in my other art thread (the one where I showcase all of the illustrations I'm using in my novel), but these are (I think) the ones that best represented my style in the specific month.

If I remember, March 2023 was the time I was doing my 15th Volume, so I rarely did any drawings while I wrote. Any case, there were times I did illustrations just as I took a break from my novel, like this back cover for Volume 13.

April 2023 was the time I started to do the backlogs I accidentally created when I mistakenly formatted my PC last July 2022, as a way to 'break' the writing mode after I finished writing Volume 15. As such, I focused on 'recoloring' old story illustrations and covers...

May 2023 is the time I started to catch up on my old illustrations, particularly the ones where I introduce the characters for each volume.

June 2023 is my 'Lore Month', where lots of SHF Denizens began to commission me for SH Lore...

This continued to July 2023...which I will be posting shortly.

Assurbanipal_II

Empress of the Four Corners of the World
Yeah, a good friend @Ran-Ron told me he's planning similar stuff, so I decided to join the bandwagon and post my art I did for each month (almost, since I do art in bursts).

So, here are (some of) my artworks from January 2023...

These are some of the characters from my current novel, and a cover from January, too.

For February 2023...

Yeah, as you may have noticed, I already uploaded these images in my other art thread (the one where I showcase all of the illustrations I'm using in my novel), but these are (I think) the ones that best represented my style in the specific month.

If I remember, March 2023 was the time I was doing my 15th Volume, so I rarely did any drawings while I wrote. Any case, there were times I did illustrations just as I took a break from my novel, like this back cover for Volume 13.

April 2023 was the time I started to do the backlogs I accidentally created when I mistakenly formatted my PC last July 2022, as a way to 'break' the writing mode after I finished writing Volume 15. As such, I focused on 'recoloring' old story illustrations and covers...

May 2023 is the time I started to catch up on my old illustrations, particularly the ones where I introduce the characters for each volume.

June 2023 is my 'Lore Month', where lots of SHF Denizens began to commission me for SH Lore...

This continued to July 2023...which I will be posting shortly.
:blob_joy: The last one made me smile a lot.

D

Deleted member 54065

For July 2023...

I have to admit, I'm used to doing quick artworks, but my endurance was tested when doing SHF Lore Season 1, due to the continuous stream of requests.

But of course, I didn't forget my own novel...

August 2023 was the time I was supposed to take a rest from drawing, since I was utterly drained and exhausted then. However, my application for teaching came halfway through the month, so I was only able to produce one work...

For September 2023, I was busy adapting to my new work schedule. It was pretty stressful, yet I think I was able to draw some stuff...

Yeah, just some minor stuff for my novel, since I was busy with my students.

For October 2023, I started to pick up the pace on drawing, beginning with a failed entry to a contest in HoneyFeed.

October is also the month where I began trying new art-techniques, like this one, where I only used colored pens and minimal digital manipulation.

For November 2023, my frustration and anger from people treating me like shit spilled over my artwork. So I was not able to draw that much...

However, for now, December 2023...here are some of my best:

I still got more artwork, really. However, those are NSFW, and as some people know, I already got banned for the first time (recently) uploading those. Any case, this is my year-ender. Hope you liked my one-year art journey. ^_^

Corty

Sneaking in, stealing your socks.
:blob_cookie:
Can't wait for next year's batch.