Has anybody read a GOOD harem story?

HappyVainGlory

No. Harem and a good story are on two ends of a continuum. You either have a good harem, a good story, or a half-baked attempt at both.

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
Well, what if it is a reverse harem when all the gender roles have been flipped? So a reverse reverse harem?

Because the more I write IWS, the more it seems to becoming about a reverse harem in reverse world. Not intended, but I believe in free-range characters. I'm just here to balance the equation.
Yeah, I grew up in a household where my mom made most of the money and my dad did most of the childcare and housework. However, I don't think that dynamic makes sense in a reverse harem scenario. The central person has to have enough free time to please everyone else. Many hands make light work when it comes to managing a household. Either respect the person who is doing the lion's share of chores and childcare for the work they do or pay other people to do that work.

K_Jira

Can't say it's a harem since it wasn't the mc who have the harem, but there's this story I read that the mc was tasked to break up protagonists harem from other dimensions that became the catalysts of the end of those protagonists worlds. It was still ongoing when I reas it and I haven't finished it yet, but the 3 arcs that I read was very good. It was a good take on the genre.

And yes, it's a BL if you're wondering :)

BearlyAlive

Certfied Super Secret Final Secret Final Boss
The only good harem is a dead harem

The only one that I can think of my head is Keyboard Immortal (CN novel) and I guess the standard "Mushoku Tensei" answer.