Has anyone received any propositions or deals from people interested in your stories before?

HungrySheep

I like yuri
You completely missed the point. Who said that you only need an hour of work daily? The reason Pankeswitch makes so much is because she uploads 10 chapters DAILY. She is another kind of breed of human being.
What I'm saying is that if your story is not doing well in other places but it lands on Webnovel, it's okay to take the contract. To create a daily, interesting novel with at least 2000 words for every chapter, you need dedication, and just one hour won't do.
Also, your example is moot, as a football player probably trains 8 hours a day and gains as much in a year as a person will gain in their entire lifetime. Writing novels is in the entertainment industry, and here, the important thing is not "how many hours" I spend doing something. But if that same something "gets popular." And Webnovel, with their promotions and competitions, does a good job at that.

Moreover, if you are contracted, the novel will be promoted by Webnovel, and you'll reach a broader reader base, which in turn will allow you to get out in the eye more, have more views, and have more income.

So, instead of the average person gaining 200$ in Patreon monthly, maybe being contracted will give them a better chance. And if you are able to pump chapters like Pankeswitch does, and create 10 chapters DAILY, by pure math and quantity of chapters, you'll make more on Webnovel than on Patreon.

TLDR: Webnovel contracts are good if your novel is not doing well or if your Patreon is not popular. After all, when you are publishing a book with an "editorial" in an "exclusive" contract, they'll help you promote it, because it is in THEIR interest that your novel does well and gains them money.
I don't think a football player is a fair comparison as they are not the average everyday worker.

As I said, the available chapters do not display a 2000 word count. Maybe the paid chapters are 2000 words. I don't know because I can't see them, so all I can do is work off the information available to me which are not 2000 word-long chapters.

The chapters available to me are very short chapters, and since I cannot copy-paste from Webnovel, I can't put them in a word counter, but even if I were to write 10 of that length, it would take me 4 hours tops and that is being generous.

Again, I do not know how long the paid chapters are. Maybe they are longer. Maybe each chapter is 2000 words long and they are writing 10 2000 word chapters every day. If that's the case, then sure. I'm wrong. But based on what I can see, that isn't the case.

Also, you're completely right about something getting popular. If you're lucky and you blast off in two months with your first novel, you can easily make $5k/month. That said, the only person I have seen doing that actually does write 2000 word long chapters—paid or not—and they release quite frequently too, so respect to them. They are also pretty humble and don't belittle the majority of workers by claiming to make "thousands easily" with nothing backing them up (their income is fully transparent on Patreon, though they might've updated that since they are making fat stacks now).

While I might've missed your point, I think you missed mine too. I wasn't saying that hours worked equals to money gained. I was saying that the vast majority of people break their backs each and every day to eke out a living, some of them doing extremely difficult and taxing jobs, but then someone says you can easily make thousands through contracted writing and their visible chapters are quite short? If this was so easily obtainable, why would anyone do such painful jobs and also receive occupational injuries through some of them?

It just doesn't sound logical to me.

tl;dr I have no idea if the paid chapters are 2000 words, the visible chapters clearly are not. Majority of people work hard as hell just to put food on the table, but they can apparently "easily make thousands" through writing sub-1k word chapters (again, that's all I can see). If real, why so many people suffering through dead-end jobs, then? This could save them.

Edit: I know you'll probably challenge my 4 hour 10 chapters a day claim, so let me just say if you want me to, I'll actually do it after I'm finished my current novel which is in its final arc. Screenshot this or whatever if you want, you can blast me if I don't follow through. That said, the length of these chapters will be based on the length of their visible chapters, not 2000 words. If they are actually doing ten 2000 word chapters every day for their paid chapters then I take back everything I say and I am completely wrong + L for me + ratio'd + they are on pirateaba's level + I'm stupid.

Last edited:

Mortrexo

I don't think a football player is a fair comparison as they are not the average everyday worker.

As I said, the available chapters do not display a 2000 word count. Maybe the paid chapters are 2000 words. I don't know because I can't see them, so all I can do is work off the information available to me which are not 2000 word-long chapters.

The chapters available to me are very short chapters, and since I cannot copy-paste from Webnovel, I can't put them in a word counter, but even if I were to write 10 of that length, it would take me 4 hours tops and that is being generous.

Again, I do not know how long the paid chapters are. Maybe they are longer. Maybe each chapter is 2000 words long and they are writing 10 2000 word chapters every day. If that's the case, then sure. I'm wrong. But based on what I can see, that isn't the case.

Also, you're completely right about something getting popular. If you're lucky and you blast off in two months with your first novel, you can easily make $5k/month. That said, the only person I have seen doing that actually does write 2000 word long chapters—paid or not—and they release quite frequently too, so respect to them. They are also pretty humble and don't belittle the majority of workers by claiming to make "thousands easily" with nothing backing them up (their income is fully transparent on Patreon, though they might've updated that since they are making fat stacks now).

While I might've missed your point, I think you missed mine too. I wasn't saying that hours worked equals to money gained. I was saying that the vast majority of people break their backs each and every day to eke out a living, some of them doing extremely difficult and taxing jobs, but then someone says you can easily make thousands through contracted writing and their visible chapters are quite short? If this was so easily obtainable, why would anyone do such painful jobs and also receive occupational injuries through some of them?

It just doesn't sound logical to me.

tl;dr I have no idea if the paid chapters are 2000 words, the visible chapters clearly are not. Majority of people work hard as hell just to put food on the table, but they can apparently "easily make thousands" through writing sub-1k word chapters (again, that's all I can see). If real, why so many people suffering through dead-end jobs, then? This could save them.

Edit: I know you'll probably challenge my 4 hour 10 chapters a day claim, so let me just say if you want me to, I'll actually do it after I'm finished my current novel which is in its final arc. Screenshot this or whatever if you want, you can blast me if I don't follow through. That said, the length of these chapters will be based on the length of their visible chapters, not 2000 words. If they are actually doing ten 2000 word chapters every day for their paid chapters then I take back everything I say and I am completely wrong + L for me + ratio'd + they are on pirateaba's level + I'm stupid.
Well, it's not my fault you can't find 2000 chapters, but I did it in three seconds. Here are the steps, First, go to "Search" bar on SCribblehub. Second, click on "Users" and write pankeswitch.

1703419247350.png

Are you following? Then, you need to go to her profile and click any of the novels, for example,
1703419296737.png

Perfect. Then, go to any chapter of those novels, and click on one of those chapters.
1703419350202.png

Copy paste the entire chapter, and place it on a Word document. It will show it.
1703419397263.png

Perfect! Now, do the same for any of her novels! This is the next chapter of the same novel
1703419487646.png

So, now, write 20,000 words daily for 3 years straight, and then come back to me with the same comment you've written above. :D

Also, a football player is not a good example? Good, how about any famous novel on Webnovel? The top 100 novels, as any of their authors, to see if they are winning enough.

And even after all of this, you are still missing the point. I am not saying that Webnovel is better than Patreon, or vice versa. What I'm saying is that both options are viable, and that demonizing Webnovel for contract terms from 5 years ago when there are many, many, examples of dropped contracted novels without any punishment whatsoever is not a studied nor fair assessment.

TLDR: Do a bit of research before writing nonsensical words. In Webnovel paid chapters, only the first 200~300 words appear as a preview, and if you buy the chapter, the entire chapter will show. I've been her reader for a year straight before I stopped reading her novels, and she has consistently uploaded 2000+ word chapters for YEARS.

SailusGebel

TLDR: Do a bit of research before writing nonsensical words.
I did.

Reincarnated As The Hero’s Daughter: Wait, Why Is My MP Not Running Out? Average words 1,169
Reborn As A Ghost: Time To Build My Undead Army! (A LitRPG Monster Evolution Story) Average words 1,084
The Protagonist’s Sister Is Actually The Strongest [An Action-Packed LitRPG Transmigration and Progression Fantasy] Average words 1,882
Brand New Life Online: A VRMMO Adventure Average words 2,051
The Heavenly Martial Empress Returns: An OP Xianxia Returnee LitRPG Average words 3,228 (Has 12 chapters.)

HungrySheep

I like yuri
Well, it's not my fault you can't find 2000 chapters, but I did it in three seconds. Here are the steps, First, go to "Search" bar on SCribblehub. Second, click on "Users" and write pankeswitch.

View attachment 24068
Are you following? Then, you need to go to her profile and click any of the novels, for example, View attachment 24069
Perfect. Then, go to any chapter of those novels, and click on one of those chapters.
View attachment 24070
Copy paste the entire chapter, and place it on a Word document. It will show it.
View attachment 24071
Perfect! Now, do the same for any of her novels! This is the next chapter of the same novel
View attachment 24072
So, now, write 20,000 words daily for 3 years straight, and then come back to me with the same comment you've written above. :D

Also, a football player is not a good example? Good, how about any famous novel on Webnovel? The top 100 novels, as any of their authors, to see if they are winning enough.

And even after all of this, you are still missing the point. I am not saying that Webnovel is better than Patreon, or vice versa. What I'm saying is that both options are viable, and that demonizing Webnovel for contract terms from 5 years ago when there are many, many, examples of dropped contracted novels without any punishment whatsoever is not a studied nor fair assessment.

TLDR: Do a bit of research before writing nonsensical words. In Webnovel paid chapters, only the first 200~300 words appear as a preview, and if you buy the chapter, the entire chapter will show. I've been her reader for a year straight before I stopped reading her novels, and she has consistently uploaded 2000+ word chapters for YEARS.
Looks like you are cherrypicking, but it also seems like their chapters fluctuate highly in word count.

Screenshot 2023-12-24 at 07-15-36 WordCounter - Count Words & Correct Writing.png

For example, the first chapter only barely surpasses 1000 words, and the system messages pad those words quite a bit. Here is the second chapter below:

Screenshot 2023-12-24 at 07-16-51 The Protagonist’s Sister Is Actually The Strongest An Action...png

Screenshot 2023-12-24 at 07-17-15 WordCounter - Count Words & Correct Writing.png

Sure, they may have one or two 2000 word chapters, but you make it seem like they are ALL 2000 words which is blatantly not true. Even their average wordcount is below 2000, meaning the majority wordcount cannot be 2000.
Screenshot 2023-12-24 at 07-18-13 The Protagonist’s Sister Is Actually The Strongest An Action...png

Also, I think there's some MASSIVE miscommunication here. I never compared Webnovel or Patreon and I'm not supporting one over the other. My point is that if it's so easy to make thousands by being a contracted webnovel writer, why do people work so damn hard outside just to feed their families instead of just writing webnovels?

If writing webnovels was truly so lucrative, there would be no poverty because let's be real here: LitRPG is not high fiction. It is not something that requires you to have a god-tier level of talent. Is it talentless? No. But it is not the most talented or sophisticated form of writing. I think we can all agree on that.

Something is not being said here.

Edit: Forgot to add this, but again, massive miscommunication. I don't know where you're getting all this football player stuff/famous novel stuff. I am comparing the ludicrous income numbers to average everyday workers. These are salarymen. People who slave away at corporate offices or work dead-end jobs at construction sites. The people who keep society's foundations running. The cogs in the machine. These are the people I have been talking about the whole time. I'm not sure where the confusion came from, but I hope that clears it up.

Image of an average salary for further clarification:
Screenshot 2023-12-24 at 07-29-54 Average Salary By State In 2023.png

Source: Forbes, 2023
If you look at the site, you can see a detailed chart per state. Since this is calculated using the mean, you can see that there are outliers like 40k and 78k that pull the average up and down. The general ballpark is 54k-60k. If you are working an entry-level job (which most fresh graduates are), you are likely earning in the 45-50k bracket. Hope that helps put the numbers into perspective.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-12-24 at 07-18-13 The Protagonist’s Sister Is Actually The Strongest An Action...png
    Screenshot 2023-12-24 at 07-18-13 The Protagonist’s Sister Is Actually The Strongest An Action...png
    150.3 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

doravg

132/4001 (finally counted the stories)
Not anymore. Nowadays, my stories are quietly stolen.

They must be really desperate for content, to scrap the barrel like that.

Mortrexo

Looks like you are cherrypicking, but it also seems like their chapters fluctuate highly in word count.

View attachment 24074
For example, the first chapter only barely surpasses 1000 words, and the system messages pad those words quite a bit. Here is the second chapter below:

View attachment 24075
View attachment 24076
Sure, they may have one or two 2000 word chapters, but you make it seem like they are ALL 2000 words which is blatantly not true. Even their average wordcount is below 2000, meaning the majority wordcount cannot be 2000.
View attachment 24078

Also, I think there's some MASSIVE miscommunication here. I never compared Webnovel or Patreon and I'm not supporting one over the other. My point is that if it's so easy to make thousands by being a contracted webnovel writer, why do people work so damn hard outside just to feed their families instead of just writing webnovels?

If writing webnovels was truly so lucrative, there would be no poverty because let's be real here: LitRPG is not high fiction. It is not something that requires you to have a god-tier level of talent. Is it talentless? No. But it is not the most talented or sophisticated form of writing. I think we can all agree on that.

Something is not being said here.

Edit: Forgot to add this, but again, massive miscommunication. I don't know where you're getting all this football player stuff/famous novel stuff. I am comparing the ludicrous income numbers to average everyday workers. These are salarymen. People who slave away at corporate offices or work dead-end jobs at construction sites. The people who keep society's foundations running. The cogs in the machine. These are the people I have been talking about the whole time. I'm not sure where the confusion came from, but I hope that clears it up.

Image of an average salary for further clarification:
View attachment 24079
Source: Forbes, 2023
You just proved my point?

1703421142348.png

All her novels have a more or less 2000-word chapter average. Also, pick any chapter that's not her first chapter. Pancakeswitch has a 2000+ chapter novel with an average, while the first chapters are shorter to get engagement.

You are also not comprehending what I'm saying. I'm saying that Pankeswitch has worked for 11+ hours almost every day to keep up with her madman-like schedule, having interesting enough novels to keep the general public hooked, creating a very large fanbase, while she is now not working as much, but still pumping words like a maniac.

Then, regarding your "lucrativeness" in the novel industry. Simply put, it's not unless you are willing to spend 10+ hours a day writing. There are many places that pay per word and not view or chapter. I've worked with those kinds of novel sites, and they pay up to 0.05$ per word. Which if you upload 70,000 words monthly, it allows you to make 3500$ monthly. not counting royalties if the novel is successful.

Writing is not lucrative unless you are famous enough. -> Webnovel is a good way to place your name out there -> A contract with one of your novels in Webnovel allows you to gain a fanbase -> Creating then a Patreon page to be supported by them with another novel is possible.

That's one of the many ways to make yourself famous in the Webnovel world. That, and a lot of luck. So, yes, web novel writing is a proper job, but you need to know how to work. It's not creating a random novel and hope it sticks. It's using strategies and the resources available to create a stable foundation and promote yourself.

Finally, like ANY entertainment industry job, you'll get rich if you get famous, and if not, well, bad luck. Let's compare it to streaming. What do a streamer that streams 10 hours daily with 10,000 viewers and one who does the same with 100 viewers differentiate on? The number of eyes watching, and therefore, the income. Then, those with more income can do better things because the can hire other people.

In webnoveling, an editor and proofreader come a long way, especially if you are just starting. And Webnovel gives you one with their contracts.

If this doesn't make clear what I wanted to prove and explain, then, speaking further doesn't make sense.
Have a good day.

P.S. Sorry for the many grammatical errors, I'm writing this quickly because I have to go. Have a good day.

HungrySheep

I like yuri
You just proved my point?

View attachment 24080

All her novels have a more or less 2000-word chapter average. Also, pick any chapter that's not her first chapter. Pancakeswitch has a 2000+ chapter novel with an average, while the first chapters are shorter to get engagement.

You are also not comprehending what I'm saying. I'm saying that Pankeswitch has worked for 11+ hours almost every day to keep up with her madman-like schedule, having interesting enough novels to keep the general public hooked, creating a very large fanbase, while she is now not working as much, but still pumping words like a maniac.

Then, regarding your "lucrativeness" in the novel industry. Simply put, it's not unless you are willing to spend 10+ hours a day writing. There are many places that pay per word and not view or chapter. I've worked with those kinds of novel sites, and they pay up to 0.05$ per word. Which if you upload 70,000 words monthly, it allows you to make 3500$ monthly. not counting royalties if the novel is successful.

Writing is not lucrative unless you are famous enough. -> Webnovel is a good way to place your name out there -> A contract with one of your novels in Webnovel allows you to gain a fanbase -> Creating then a Patreon page to be supported by them with another novel is possible.

That's one of the many ways to make yourself famous in the Webnovel world. That, and a lot of luck. So, yes, web novel writing is a proper job, but you need to know how to work. It's not creating a random novel and hope it sticks. It's using strategies and the resources available to create a stable foundation and promote yourself.

Finally, like ANY entertainment industry job, you'll get rich if you get famous, and if not, well, bad luck. Let's compare it to streaming. What do a streamer that streams 10 hours daily with 10,000 viewers and one who does the same with 100 viewers differentiate on? The number of eyes watching, and therefore, the income. Then, those with more income can do better things because the can hire other people.

In webnoveling, an editor and proofreader come a long way, especially if you are just starting. And Webnovel gives you one with their contracts.

If this doesn't make clear what I wanted to prove and explain, then, speaking further doesn't make sense.
Have a good day.

P.S. Sorry for the many grammatical errors, I'm writing this quickly because I have to go. Have a good day.
Dude, what...? Do you not see the "Average Words" right there? It literally says "Average Words: 1882". Also, since you are in the business of comparing wordcounts, I have went to their profile and added up the total combined words of ALL their works together. The total is 506,312 written words.

The total combined words of ALL my works together is 661,281. I have not been writing for as long, but I have written 154,969 more according to the statistics pages of SH. Where is my $6k/month? According to your standards, I am "a different breed of human."

For clarification, the above mini-paragraph is a joke aside from the total word counts. I actually calculated those. However, I am not a different breed of human. Just wanted to make that clear.

Comparing word counts is silly, I know, but I think we have both at least agreed that yes, luck plays a huge factor in this. My wordcount is weak as hell compared to someone like Corty with over 900k total words written, yet I do not see them raking in millions. Again, I'm not sure why you keep thinking I'm bashing Webnovel, so let me clarify:

Webnovel is fine. If you want to sign a contract with Webnovel, that is your prerogative.

My point has nothing to do with Webnovel. I am addressing the comment of "making thousands easily" which you can reference from their post on page 1 of this thread. I hope that clears things up.

Edit: Also yo hit me up with those pay per word sites. I can pump out words like a DEMON if they're paying me by the word.

Mortrexo

Dude, what...? Do you not see the "Average Words" right there? It literally says "Average Words: 1882". Also, since you are in the business of comparing wordcounts, I have went to their profile and added up the total combined words of ALL their works together. The total is 506,312 written words.

The total combined words of ALL my works together is 661,281. I have not been writing for as long, but I have written 154,969 more according to the statistics pages of SH. Where is my $6k/month? According to your standards, I am "a different breed of human."

For clarification, the above mini-paragraph is a joke aside from the total word counts. I actually calculated those. However, I am not a different breed of human. Just wanted to make that clear.

Comparing word counts is silly, I know, but I think we have both at least agreed that yes, luck plays a huge factor in this. My wordcount is weak as hell compared to someone like Corty with over 900k total words written, yet I do not see them raking in millions. Again, I'm not sure why you keep thinking I'm bashing Webnovel, so let me clarify:

Webnovel is fine. If you want to sign a contract with Webnovel, that is your prerogative.

My point has nothing to do with Webnovel. I am addressing the comment of "making thousands easily" which you can reference from their post on page 1 of this thread. I hope that clears things up.

Edit: Also yo hit me up with those pay per word sites. I can pump out words like a DEMON if they're paying me by the word.
We are walking in circles, and you are not understanding what I'm saying. 600,000 words are very little. Just my main novel has 1.5 million. And Pankeswitch has 10 novels longer than mine, with the average word count reaching around 2000. I don't care if it is 2200 or 1800 it is close enough.

So, do the math, and Pankeswitch has written 15+ million words in total with all her novels. We are children in front of her experience. And what she said was that as long as you put in the work, you will be able to "easily" win thousands of dollars. I repeat. as long as you put in the work, you will be able to easily win thousands of dollars.

1703423340352.png
1703423349218.png
1703423362643.png
1703423376159.png
1703423387542.png
1703423398851.png

P.S. The place where I worked with the per-word rate is one of IGG.Com, the game company's subsidiaries. It's called Scripts: Episodes and Choices, and it's an app mainly focused on GL Smut stories or normal smut stories. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.igg.android.scriptsuntoldsecrets&hl=en&gl=US

I was contacted by them first, so I don't know how you can reach out to them, try it throuhg their emails or something? Good luck with that, thought, hahaha. Nowadays, company emails are managed by bots.

Corty

Sneaking in, stealing your socks.
I'm sorry. I forgot his epic honorific.
Corty is enough because I don't really make money off it, and that is my fault, as I am veeeeeeery protective about my IP. I have plans for the future of my shared universe books, and I want total control over it. So I am very, very reluctant to sell it off. Plus, I am not really selling it as I want everyone to be able to read it without paying for it. Life is hard enough for many people; I want as many people to read it as possible.

PS:

My total word count is close to 2mil. not 900k :blob_cookie:
We are children in front of her experience.
Sorry, but I am not going to grovel because of the word count.

The whole thing started because of barging in and slapping a fat dick on the table and leaving without telling why, how, or giving constructive tips, so we finally hear a different opinion about WN contracts than usual. Instead, it was a 'trust me, bro' moment.

I don't get why people are so defensive about everything when their words get challenged. Just tell me I'm getting it wrong, and show me why. Making me look the data up myself should not be the way. A 'trust me, bro' response accompanied by facts would have been better.

You can even start the sentence with "Listen here, bucko," and I will be all ears if then I am presented with the facts of how to get contracted and what to do to earn thousands passively every month. When the fat dickslapping onto the table is followed by proof that it is real and not a strap-on dildo, I will worship that dick as my own.

Last edited:

HungrySheep

I like yuri
We are walking in circles, and you are not understanding what I'm saying. 600,000 words are very little. Just my main novel has 1.5 million. And Pankeswitch has 10 novels longer than mine, with the average word count reaching around 2000. I don't care if it is 2200 or 1800 it is close enough.

So, do the math, and Pankeswitch has written 15+ million words in total with all her novels. We are children in front of her experience. And what she said was that as long as you put in the work, you will be able to "easily" win thousands of dollars. I repeat. as long as you put in the work, you will be able to easily win thousands of dollars.

View attachment 24081View attachment 24082View attachment 24083View attachment 24084View attachment 24085View attachment 24086

P.S. The place where I worked with the per-word rate is one of IGG.Com, the game company's subsidiaries. It's called Scripts: Episodes and Choices, and it's an app mainly focused on GL Smut stories or normal smut stories. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.igg.android.scriptsuntoldsecrets&hl=en&gl=US

I was contacted by them first, so I don't know how you can reach out to them, try it throuhg their emails or something? Good luck with that, thought, hahaha. Nowadays, company emails are managed by bots.
Thanks for letting me know, though I thought you meant a site like SH or RR. They contacted me too via Wattpad but it was mostly explicit smut content they wanted to write so I had to decline :(

Also I'm not sure where you're getting your 15M+ numbers from. This reads 506,312 to me.
Screenshot 2023-12-24 at 09-27-17 PancakesWitch's Profile Scribble Hub.png

But you are right. 600k is not a lot and I already said that. The problem is that there are many, many, many authors everywhere around the world who have "put in the work." You can look at Corty's 1.8M+ word count, Syringe's 1.6M+ word count, and many more who I do not know. These people work their asses off. While I do not have anywhere NEAR their chapter counts or time spent writing, I too have spent much time grinding. Even you have spent insane amounts of time grinding.

Are any of us making $6k a month?

No. We aren't.

Everyone I mentioned has worked hard. No one has "easily made thousands." Aside from that, Corty already said everything I was going to say. An outlandish claim coupled with an attitude wasn't exactly well-received by the community, and it doesn't just apply to making money.

If I was to announce "I can easily hit trending consistently with zero effort", everyone would be on my ass too. Also, I can't in case anyone is actually wondering. I don't even know how I get on trending with my viewcount, honestly.
Corty is enough because I don't really make money off it, and that is my fault, as I am veeeeeeery protective about my IP. I have plans for the future of my shared universe books, and I want total control over it. So I am very, very reluctant to sell it off. Plus, I am not really selling it as I want everyone to be able to read it without paying for it. Life is hard enough for many people; I want as many people to read it as possible.

PS:

My total word count is close to 2mil. not 900k :blob_cookie:

Sorry, but I am not going to grovel because of the word count.

The whole thing started because of barging in and slapping a fat dick on the table and leaving without telling why, how, or giving constructive tips, so we finally hear a different opinion about WN contracts than usual. Instead, it was a 'trust me, bro' moment.

I don't get why people are so defensive about everything when their words get challenged. Just tell me I'm getting it wrong, and show me why. Making me look the data up myself should not be the way. A 'trust me, bro' response accompanied by facts would have been better.

You can even start the sentence with "Listen here, bucko," and I will be all ears if then I am presented with the facts of how to get contracted and what to do to earn thousands passively every month. When the fat dickslapping onto the table is followed by proof that it is real and not a strap-on dildo, I will worship that dick as my own.
Holy crap lmao that is insane

Last edited:

Mortrexo

I don't know where you got that statistics from, but my novel has 1.5 million words.
1703429385845.png

Paul_Tromba

Sleep deprived mess of a published author
They are mostly scams so I avoid them like the plague.

Mortrexo

Sorry, I should have clarified. Those are Pancake's statistics, not yours.
Oh! Well, have you seen the photos I've shared? You are only looking at Scribblehub. I'm talking about what she has written in Webnovel. The Epic of Caterpillar, etc. I've read five of those novels, Epic of Caterpillar included, and the word count is stable at 2000+ in those. Count the chapters, doing quick maths. She has uploaded 9.831 chapters, with a 2000-word average, which is almost 20 million words. I low-balled it, ignored a few of her other novels, and still the numbers are ridiculous.
They are mostly scams so I avoid them like the plague.
Well, as long as they are affiliated with a big corporation like IGG, they won't be that bad. You just have to read the terms very closely or discuss them with an online lawyer or something. If you take into account that you are going to commit and finish the novel, most of the "dangerous" terms are similar to them not existing. Of course, being careful is important. While I was signing and sharing the bank details with Scripts, I was sweating thinking. "Please, don't let it be a scam, please!" Hahaha.

prognastat

This is why I think you are fudging the numbers.

You don't even know your own patreon income? Yes, I incorrectly wrote the numbers and you can't even correct me correctly? wow.

You have 307 subscribers now. Only one tier that's 10$. That's 3070$

Now if you say you only get 1500ish per month then that means half are not paying members but peeps who follow your page.

all-in-all

I am not obsessed with you, but I do have a problem with assumed liars and I like to confront them on their bullshit.

Do I believe you make a living from writing?
Yes.

Do I believe you make as much as you say?
Not at all.

I don't know why you feel compelled to fudge your own numbers when you are already successful.

Seeing that it is impossible to have competent conversation with you where you could easily prove me wrong and show many people here to start exploiting WN contracts and earn a living…

I will leave it at that. You could have helped many people who struggle with living finances by telling them how to earn at least half what you do. But no, that is too much.

Don't worry, I won't quote you anymore, I lost interest as you are clearly unable to reply coherently.
I don't know about their situation, but I can say from my own experience 1/3rd of my patreons are free members because my public chapters for all my stories are there as well just like they are on SH/WN/FF plus I'm sure there are people that downgrade to a free member with the idea that they might become a paid member again down the line or when the story builds up some more paid chapters for them. So if Pancakeswitch' Patreon has a similar amount of free members that is already 1/3rd of the income difference explained.

Then it depends on when exactly they joined patreon to determine what % patreon takes, but between patreon's cut and payment fees I lose another 15-20%. So honestly them making 50% of what they would if all members were paying members isn't that surprising to me.

Last edited:

HungrySheep

I like yuri
Oh! Well, have you seen the photos I've shared? You are only looking at Scribblehub. I'm talking about what she has written in Webnovel. The Epic of Caterpillar, etc. I've read five of those novels, Epic of Caterpillar included, and the word count is stable at 2000+ in those. Count the chapters, doing quick maths. She has uploaded 9.831 chapters, with a 2000-word average, which is almost 20 million words. I low-balled it, ignored a few of her other novels, and still the numbers are ridiculous.

Well, as long as they are affiliated with a big corporation like IGG, they won't be that bad. You just have to read the terms very closely or discuss them with an online lawyer or something. If you take into account that you are going to commit and finish the novel, most of the "dangerous" terms are similar to them not existing. Of course, being careful is important. While I was signing and sharing the bank details with Scripts, I was sweating thinking. "Please, don't let it be a scam, please!" Hahaha.
You used SH to find your numbers originally, so that was what I based it off of. Again, the 2k word average doesn't seem to be supported by the numbers available to me and I looked at the next two chapters of the protagonist sister novel and they were again only a little over 1k. The Epic of Caterpillar chapters do seem longer, you are right, but reading through them I see that the majority of the wordcount is given by system messages which I don't think actually counts since writing "Loading...] [Loading...] [Loading...] [Congratulations, you have leveled up! Please distribute your points according to the System's recommendations!]" already pads quite a few words and isn't actually of any substance.

Of course, that isn't a quote from the novel, just an example. Anyway, I think we've beaten this dead horse for long enough and this will never end until either some sort of proof is provided for the numbers they boasted about. That is the point of contention, not anything to do with Webnovel, Patreon, SH, etc. Like I said, if I was boasting about anything—even something as trivial as getting on trending—I had best back it up or people are gonna jump on me instantly. This is universal both online and in real life.

Also yeah, IGG wasn't a scam. It was a legit app with a legit company behind it. If it hadn't been smut stories, I would've taken the deal :(