Have you ever fallen in love at first sight?

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
Yes, several times. There's a difference between being in love and having a relationship with someone, though. I've had a lot of unrequited love at first sight. That being said, there are different types of love, and you can experience multiple types of love for the same person or the same type of love for different people. Love can't be put in a box.

Kenjona

Infatuation? Yes. Get strong vibes she is really into me? Yes. But Love at first sight? No.

Edited to add: "Love at first sight"

Last edited:

Le_ther

Have you ever felt in love at first sight, or more like, in the span of the first couple of minutes after you met someone? Perhaps you felt infatuated with someone at first sight? I'm curious as I've never fallen in love with anyone, much less falling for someone at first sight.
No... not yet

BearlyAlive

Certfied Super Secret Final Secret Final Boss
Nope. Had a few girls I almost instantly liked but it was more the "friend" like than "like" like and it was mutual, we lost contact, tho.

Oterwise my love life was pretty terrible. The one girl I really liked during my school days already had a boyfriend from day 1 and the one I liked during university came out as a lesbian a few days before I could muster my courage to ask her out...

Dieter

the Writer
A childhood friend of mine after I met him again years later.

CubicleHermit

Maybe, not sure if it counts.

For the second girl I dated, we were just online friends with for a long while - we were first year in college and not nearby each other. I guess as friends we were both somewhat interested in each other as the year went on, but it didn't seem like it could be anything because well, we'd never met up, and it was just this online friendship. This was a long time ago when online was dial-up or just on campus and mostly text and long distance phone calls still cost something. So there was no such thing as video chat, and when we exchanged photos it was postal mail.

We met up in person over the summer - she lived near some of my relatives so I kind of had an excuse to visit - and I think it was pretty much within the first 30 minutes after meeting in person that we had decided that yes, we were actually dating.

That was the summer of 1995, so almost 28 years ago. Got married after college and still together.

Missivist

No. I thought I had, but then I fell in love for real. Yeah, that first-sight thing is more sex than romance, even if it hits you in the feels. Hormones have feelings too, you know? But not gonna lie, it ain't gonna last.

On the other hand, we fell in love on the internet, which means that it was technically before first sight. Still married and in love after two decades, but truth can be stranger than fiction.

Shianelle

Yes. He walked past me on the bus and I fell in love. I followed him off the bus before I realised I was even moving. Good thing it was the right stop. I stalked him for two weeks to make sure he wasn't a bad person. Then I set up an 'accidental meeting' with him through a mutual friend (that I made specifically so I could do this). I was 17 and in college, he was 27 and returning to college after leaving the army.

We've been together since 1999.

Also, on the day we made it official, I told him about how I stalked him for two weeks. He thought it was adorable and hilarious. He's 6ft and I'm 5'3 so the idea of me literally following him home seemed funny to him instead of awful.