Have you ever got inspiration from music when it comes to writing

Indicterra

Five little monkeys jumping on the bed 🎶
When I hear certain music's, it gives me a goosebumps, ideas, stories for my writing. Though most of the time it has nothing to do with my own story but a very different one and rest of time I could never imprint to what I saw and felt to to paper.

But any way I was hoping for other's experience related to this and would like to know whats your favorite songs.

Mine is

Riptide- Vance joy
It's you- Al gaite
Husn- Anuv jain
Alag asmmaan-Anuv jain
Another love- Tom odell
Something just like this- Coldplay and chain smokers
Hymn for weekend- cold play
Stereo-Gym glass heroes
Ode to joy- Beethoven
I wanna be yours-Artic monkey

There is lot more, but these are one that comes to mind

Last edited:

Hans.Trondheim

Mr Negative | Avoid at all cost
When I hear certain music's, it gives me a goosebumps, ideas, stories for my writing. Though most of the time it has nothing to do with my own story but a very different one and rest of time I could never imprint to what I saw and felt to to paper.

But any way I was hoping for other's experience related to this and would like to know whats your favorite songs.

Mine is

Riptide- Vance joy
It's you- Al gaite
Husn- Anuv jain
Alag asmmaan-Anuv jain
Another love- Tom odell
Stereo-Gym glass heroes
Ode to joy- Beethoven
Yes. Sabaton and Windrose songs.

TheMonotonePuppet

A Writer With Enthusiasm & A Jester of Christmas!

Mine is

Riptide- Vance joy
It's you- Al gaite
Husn- Anuv jain
Alag asmmaan-Anuv jain
Another love- Tom odell
Stereo-Gym glass heroes
Ode to joy- Beethoven
On Royal Road, I would put 5 of the songs which had inspired me to write the story in every author's note I put on my story "Charisma".

Indicterra

Yes I have. If not for a song, I wouldn't have started writing the novel. I don't have favorite songs, to be more precise I have way too many.
When you phrase it like that, it damn too relatable lol

Rokuro-Sama

Mine is

Riptide- Vance joy
It's you- Al gaite
Husn- Anuv jain
Alag asmmaan-Anuv jain
Another love- Tom odell
Stereo-Gym glass heroes
Ode to joy- Beethoven
Almost all of my story ideas begin with me imagining an anime opening for it.
A few of my favorites are:
In Your Arms- Jan Yun Joo
Katomoi- Aimer
Say it- Yorushika

l8rose

Perpetually Positively Pondering
Yes. And then they get added to playlists for that story (or character if I'm doing a multi-PoV story). None stick out as favorites because it's a massive list of songs.

But for SfAL, it'd be mostly Clamavi De Profundis and Sharm for that medieval or fantasy setting. Everything else is usually pulled from what I liked growing up. I think Billy Talent and Linkin Park are the two bands I've used the most since I've been writing more depressive stuff lately.

Syringe

Bluetooth 7 Enabled Holy Blade w/ Red Dot Sight
Anything from Mili or Stuido EIM (The studio that makes the OSTs for the Project Moon games).

Last edited:

Corty

Sneaking in, stealing your socks.

Indicterra

When it comes to music, I never understood how people can narrow it down to just a couple of favorites.
Probably exposure.

You can only say you like potato when you have only eaten potato.

The ones I listed are more of the ones that came to my mind in first thought, In future I will get more exposure and will fell in love with more song.

SailusGebel

Probably exposure.

You can only say you like potato when you have only eaten potato.

The ones I listed are more of the ones that came to my mind in first thought, In future I will get more exposure and will fell in love with more song.
I mean, I have at least 100 songs that still give me goosebumps, and this list does not shrink, it gets bigger.

SsemouyOnan

Scientific Witchery
Mili has inspired several entire plotlines, especially their old songs, same with TUYU
- hey, guess where I got my forum title.
- if you couldn't imagine an entire story forming inside your head while listening to this, idk man, maybe fantasy ain't your thing

- Literally wouldn't have come up with the idea for an entire novel if not for this.

Honorable mention for making me think of one scene I want in a story but I can't decide which one:

Last edited:

GoodPerson

The only active fanfictioners in the forum.

Mine is

Riptide- Vance joy
It's you- Al gaite
Husn- Anuv jain
Alag asmmaan-Anuv jain
Another love- Tom odell
Stereo-Gym glass heroes
Ode to joy- Beethoven

There is lot more, but these are one that comes to mind
I mean... I have like 6 playlists. Two of them are 20 minutes long, one is 1 and a half hours long, and the rest is over 2 hours long. Whenever I hear a nice beat or tune, I rewind to the beginning of the nice beat/tune song and picture the event of my story in my head with the song as the background music.

Here are some examples:

-You're not supposed to be here (Valve. Chase sequence between the two (maybe three) factions in my story, A Hub.)

-The Calm (Valve. When the antagonist faction decides to use more robots than human beings. A.k.a. Uniting the robots across the internet and attacking the protagonist faction with the robots.)

-Right Behind You (Valve. Betraying sequence when the good faction's executives flee from the evil but one person stabbed an executive with the Dead Ringer and proceeded to gun down the others, but only managed to injure them.)

-CP Violation (Valve. When the evil/good faction initiated a stealth op and succeeded at said op.)

-Otherside (Lena Raine. Begins with a train ride to The Hub, then showcases the entirety of Ethereal, including THC's buildings.)

-Curious Light (LSPLASH. An ambiguous statement/review of an event in third person.)

-Mice On Venus (C418. Viewing from sad stuff, then working on good unsad stuff. Then, when the song hits the middle part of the song, the view comes back to the beginning and stops. As if saying "We'll die eventually, make your life a worthwhile one for you or for the people you care about.")

-BIG SHOT (Toby Fox. Of course, boss fight. An intense one involving fandoms across the internet.)

-The Imp's Song (Andrew Avkhimovich. This song is solely used for Doomguy. I mean, he got teleported to a demon world after hell.)

-Suspense (Andrew Avkhimovich. Same as The Imp's Song. This song may have a use as a 'containing facility' song.)

-Kitty City (Cyriak Harris. An unsettling and disturbing song complete with a disturbing video. Yes, this is good for weird and strange things.)

-Diabolical Adrenaline (Valve. And just like the title, it's for prelude and mid-combat music.)

-Klaxon Beat (Valve. Good for drive-by/vehicle action.)

-Particle Ghost (Valve. For mysterious and eldritch beings only.)

-Trailer Theme - Remix (LSPLASH. Just like Lena Raine's "Otherside" song. This song's purpose is to show the readers what's in The Hub. Then ends with the bad guys faction doing some stuff.)

-Your New Home (Gooseworx. Yes, their new home for the time being.)

-POSSESSION (Nicopatty. Just like the name says. It's a background for someone possessed in my story, A hub, for how long the timer goes.)

-blackout (Nicopatty. It's so dark in the city for now, everyone can barely see even with the moon shining down on the city.)

-bloodmoon (Nicopatty. It's now red all over the city. People went crazy. And strangely, they're crazy but quiet. As if the music's job is to shiver the survivor.)

-OUTBREAK (Nicopatty. The final song for the final showdown. This fits when the good faction tries to throw canisters contained with something into the machine the bad faction created. The device will open up the entire internet barrier, making the baddies of something on the internet able to cross the border and invade other stories.)

I'm not done yet. These are still Soundtracks, not songs. Though, i admit, i have a 6 hour playlist dedicated to OST/OGST. So yeah, these are my ideas.

Last edited:

Lysander_Works

It is the only way I can gather my ideas to write. Writing in silence will always lead to nothing, or outright nonsense.