Have you ever got inspiration from music when it comes to writing

Hanne

It is the only way I can gather my ideas to write. Writing in silence will always lead to nothing, or outright nonsense.
meanwhile, I can only write in complete silence. :blob_hmm_two:

music is best for gathering process only to set the tone.

BearlyAlive

Certfied Super Secret Final Secret Final Boss
More stuff than I can count...

You gonna go far, kid from The Offspring is pretty much the character theme for half my main cast
Akiko Shikata for atmosphere
Nightwish and whatever else this genre spits out for inspiration
Irish/Celtic folk rock for (not-so-serious) fighting scenes
And whatever else (weeby) shit the recs throw my way.

Also pretty much everything Classic. I'm currently writing a fight scene with Danse Macabre as background theme running.

HexadecimaPlaceholder

Two two main musical inspirations for my WIP are Kagepro and Sleep Token. The former actually inspired a couple of specific plot points, while the latter is more about the vibes and tone of the work. Nightwish too, though to a lesser extent.

This particular song inspired a character, though having changed my mind on other aspects of the story, I'm not sure they fit into the big picture right.

TsumiHokiro

Just another chick in the universe
Quite a few ones... this bird is not listing them though, they are like the wind they play through, momentaneous. While they inspire, what they have inspired has remained. It's better for me to regard them as a playlist I constantly listen than as something I constantly draw to when in desperation, for it is not how this bird works. They shall remain as pleasant surprises, pleasant moments, and not as something certain.

GoodPerson

The only active fanfictioners in the forum.
Lies. Sometimes, i write peacefully without music and it helps keeping me focus onto what i want to put in my story.
It is the only way I can gather my ideas to write. Writing in silence will always lead to nothing, or outright nonsense.

lilwriter

YES. I have an entire playlist that I listen to when I write. It helps me get into that specific character’s personality.

When I hear certain music's, it gives me a goosebumps, ideas, stories for my writing. Though most of the time it has nothing to do with my own story but a very different one and rest of time I could never imprint to what I saw and felt to to paper.

But any way I was hoping for other's experience related to this and would like to know whats your favorite songs.

Mine is

Riptide- Vance joy
It's you- Al gaite
Husn- Anuv jain
Alag asmmaan-Anuv jain
Another love- Tom odell
Something just like this- Coldplay and chain smokers
Hymn for weekend- cold play
Stereo-Gym glass heroes
Ode to joy- Beethoven
I wanna be yours-Artic monkey

There is lot more, but these are one that comes to mind
All the time than I forget about the story in my head when moving into the next song. I repeat the process of making stories based on how the song makes me feel and flows.