Have you ever looked back at a chapter you wrote, look at its quality and think "what the fucking shit is this" "which abomination wrote this"

Nevafrost

Hooman bone lover
All the time and y'know what, I rewrote my first chapter which was previously of 650 words and now itā€™s around 2400 words. :blob_facepalm:

MDupree

I'm usually very impressed by my older work in comparison to newer stuff, before realising it means that my last two brain cells have bruised even more during in the time between writing that work and the present, and feeling rather sad.

Terrate

I actually get more enjoyment in a sense that ā€œDam, I wrote this? Why am I getting excited.ā€ Especially when itā€™s far back becauseā€¦ Iā€™ve forgotten about it. More points if I really donā€™t remember.

Cosmictapestry

Yes! I have been staring at the delete button for a while, but I need to download all 100 chapters before doing it. Itā€™s a manual pain.

lambenttyto

I just did and I wrote this a few days agošŸ˜­
I must be lucky, because this never happens to me. Sometimes I get the feeling that it's crap while I'm writing, but when I go back and read the next day, or in a week or a month or whatever, I'm always very surprised at how good it is.

How many words have you written, little grasshoppa?

Anemic_Vampire

šŸŒ»Currently HibernatingšŸŒ¹
I don't have this weakness, because I almost never write, and when I do, I don't have lots of expectations. :blob_cookie::meowsip:

Last edited 1 month ago
open
dies-from-peak-fiction-v0-7bzc4siticdb1.png