Have you ever watched an anime filler episodes that was good?

l8rose

Perpetually Positively Pondering
The dbz episode where Goku and Piccolo go to the DMV is one of the best episodes of the series
I second this. That episode was hilarious.

If Omake clips/sections count then the ones for Blue Seed were worth watching. I'm still sour that they aren't on Crunchyroll and I no longer have a VCR to play the old tapes to watch them.

ChocolateLover030

Devourer of the Cocoa
If I have to say then it's probably the G8 arc after the Skypeia arc in One Piece. I didn't think it was filler until years after I watched it and I thought it was good.

ManwX

Im from a Timeline where nuclear war destroyed all
yes.. the way they handled sanji in the filler episode affirming the existence of the all-blue was a great episode after the Water 7 arc I belive.. one piece has some really good fillers and idk why but they just delivered.. like the time the crew snuck into a marine headquarters. sanji and Luffy disguised as chefs for the kitchen...

BigBadBoi

The only filler I somewhat enjoyed was bleach. Nobody makes filler episodes nowadays anyway since they do adaptations per season.

LuoirM

Voidiris' enthusiast feet enjoyer.
Isn't there a Boruto filler where Sasuke got a little Uchiha sister or soemthing?

OP1000

What about you? Do you have any favorite filler episodes?
I enjoyed the My Hero Academia episode where Tsuyu Asui did her internship under the hero Selkie. In this episode, we got to see how Tsuyu was able to grow due to the guidance that the pro hero she was interning without along with that one female sidekick who could hear from a great distance gave to her. In this episode, they had to apprehend a group of smugglers that were planning to bring in some illegal items.

I found out that this was a filler episode a few years after I watched the episode (I used to only watch the anime for almost two years before I started to read the manga).

SternenklarenRitter

The filler episodes are almost always my favorite. Especially nice are the late fillers of long (+50 episodes) anime that could have fit the plot in half the show's actual runtime. My favorites are the 'character episodes' directly preceding the final showdown in hero-team anime.

Anon2024

????????? (???/???)
I guess we have to define what filler is here.

For me, filler is anything that doesn’t advance the premise or plot that was first established. Things that don’t have much importance to the plot, and things that are otherwise inconsequential.

to that end, it’s hard to determine if something is filler unless it’s different from the original author, such as maybe 200 plus episodes before a time skip or something, I dunno…

For the most part, there is canon filler, and non-canon filler. A lot of manga has canon filler that you won’t know is filler until the story ends, because you never know if the author will take some obscure reference from the beach episode and make it important.

Non-canon filler however, you can only tell if it’s in the anime but not manga.

I think the only media I find that has this is manga/anime. Western media doesn’t seem to have this issue… well okay… maybe that episode where Shaq was in an episode of static shock is probably non-canon filler since Shaq shouldn’t exist in the DC animated universe.